Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

"Sonic Mania, It's not Sonic Forces"

Sonic 4 as you truly imagined and if you truly forget about the actual Sonic 4 xD

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, molul said:

Sonic 4 as you truly imagined and if you truly forget about the actual Sonic 4 xD

Sonic 4orces you to play Mania because it's fucking awesome :D

Image result for so good gif

I wanna hear more of Tee Lopes Mania magic. Makes me cringe listening to Forces Green Hill when I think of Tee's beautiful GH act2 remix. I hope Mania's soundtrack is better received than Forces.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

O6V7jez.png

Sonic Forces however is not available to play.

Here's hoping it's a new demo. I've had more than enough of Green Hill and Studiopolis

29 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

O6V7jez.png

Is this at E3?

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Is this at E3?

I think this is a separate event. Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice was announced at one of these and it was before E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was posted over on Retro:

So Aaron posted a pic of some Sonic themed cookies and cake pops that were available at some Sega event. Well, for today the catering company Beverly Hills Premier Catering and some of its employees have been posting some pics on instagram of them at the event calling it "the Sonic Mania event."

It's E3 Judges week, which is when game companies hold events where gaming press can already check out games before E3 actually starts. I saw gaming press tweet about the event, so it's almost certainly for that. 

Posted Image

• Thumbs Up 7

16 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

Posted Image

Can't see the text very well, not on the article but the Sonic Retro quote.

I was thinking earlier what they have left that they could show off, and thought of a few things. Green Hill Act 2 with the boss present was already hinted at, and I could see them doing more playthroughs of that level off the build with the updated music, maybe even show off bonus stages. A full playthrough of Flying Battery Act 1 seems likely. They showed off one of the Heavies, and a screenshot of his boss fight in Studiopolis Act 1, so it wouldn't surprise me if they reveal more of them through artwork, and possibly show the boss fight for Studiopolis in full.

They teased one all new level, so I could see them following up on that and revealing it close to release too.

I think there's a decent chunk of content left for them to show off without it pushing too far into "spoiler" territory. My impression is that they're close to revealing a release date (based on those tumblr tags) and are probably holding off on any other substantive reveal until then.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, OcelotBot said:

Posted Image

Is this an official Sega release or a fan creation?? Either way I love it! Reminds me of an old trapper keeper I had as a kid with Sonic running like that 

TimmiT also noted that it's E3 judges week, so that most likely means that Sonic Mania was being previewed for some of the press at the event. Doesn't mean there won't be any announcements before E3, but that it probably wasn't for regular folks like us. 

O6V7jez.png&key=4f3b6682f530dc138a381c18b1216678ffe74225fca174a1796faa0ac22f01d2

Here's hoping it's a new demo. I've had more than enough of Green Hill and Studiopolis

You're saying you DON'T like Green Hill? Dude, I think you need to play some Green Hill... Just to relax, ya' know?

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

Maybe we could play some Flying Battery there?

I wouldn't mind seeing a full playthrough of Flying Battery 1 but I really really REALLY want them to keep Green Hill Act 2's boss a secret until launch.  Press have said it is super cool and there is no point in them having tucked it away this long if they still plan to spoil it in video format rather than letting us experience it for the first time ourselves.

I want there to be at least one surprise in my first 10 minutes of playing, the anticipation as I make my way through Green Hill Act 2 will be palpable.

• Thumbs Up 9

I wish the game's out tomorrow, because I can't keep myself away from spoilers :'(

It's physically impossible...

It's not a real advertisement. Just someone's idea for how a print ad for Mania might look. 

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

It's not a real advertisement. Just someone's idea for how a print ad for Mania might look. 

Eh, it's still a callback. And even if it's not real whomever made it did a good job, it had me fooled.

16 hours ago, Mayor D said:

O6V7jez.png

I hope it has a playable Green Hill act 2, just because that music is beautiful.

http://gameidealist.com/news/esrb-reveals-rating-summary-sonic-mania/

ESRB Rating details are up. Most likely means the game is close to going gold. 

"This is an action-platformer in which players assume the role of Sonic as he zooms around colorful “zones” and attempts to defeat Dr. Eggman. As players run and jump through whimsical environments, they can jump on enemies’ heads, causing them to transform into small woodland creatures. Boss battles sometimes depict characters shooting “cartoony” bombs and/or oversized missles; Sonic reacts to damage by losing coin-like rings and falling off the screen when defeated."

• Thumbs Up 1