Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

You don't have to win the race to get the gem or relic on the bike levels, to break all boxes you can go as slow as you want :U

Waiting for a while until all racers are waaay ahead of you before picking the clock is also a recommended trick for the time trial.

22 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

You don't have to win the race to get the gem or relic on the bike levels, to break all boxes you can go as slow as you want :U

Waiting for a while until all racers are waaay ahead of you before picking the clock is also a recommended trick for the time trial.

Whilst you are correct and I have used this tactic in the "Road Crash" bike race to good effect, you're missing my point. The boost pads and it being difficult to change direction when touching them makes it very easy to miss boxes. The other racers are not a problem. 

Oh ok, since you said you were collecting the gem before mentioning how hard Crash is to control when boosting, I thought the implication was that you were trying to win the race(hence why using boost pads while collecting the gems.), sorry. :U

• Thumbs Up 1

So got 100% on Crash 2 and 104% on Crash 3 yesterday  I swear Crash 3 is legitimately easier, because the most I ever got on PS1 was about 90%, and I never got to see Rings of Power. That said, I doubt I'll ever get 105% because that'd mean turning 15 sapphire relics into gold, and some of those levels are tough as nails to even do that, let alone platinum. 

Gonna mop them up for some other trophies today. Then see about continuing Crash 1 from Temple Ruins. I didn't realise people had struggled with Hog Wild, that one was fairly easy for me (lost five lives on the second checkpoint section because I kept missing boxes, but the rest was a doddle). 

Hog Wild's last spinning hog timing is off... I think. Maybe I suck at this level, coz' I died over 10 times, no matter how high/far/close/to the right/to the left I jump, I would always hit the damned hog.

But jumping as Crash is super responsive and quick, the only problem is with his hit box. It should be a little wider when spinning, that means you need to get VERY close to an enemy to hit it, and sometimes they would hit you first.

Also the turtle bouncing, that one is broken. Not unplayable, tho', but it makes The High Road too hard. Thankfully it's just one level.

Gonna start Crash 2 today!

I'm not positive since I haven't played the remake yet, but I think some of the spinning hogs were off sync in the originals too.

Yeah, I had trouble at the end of the first Hog stage as well.

Here's some advice: When you spin whilst passing through the giant rings in Crash 3's "Ring of Power" to get the boost affect, make sure you aim Crash at the exact direction of the next ring you need to go through or you're fucked. The controls make this version a chore unlike the original.

Got 25 Gold relics & 1 Sapphire so far (94% in Crash 3). The sapphire was from Arabian stage "High Time". It's my most hated relic stage in the original version. The Gold relic requirement is harsh and it's so easy to make a mistake. 

for everyone wondering where to farm crash 2 lifes:

Spaced out, on the gem path. there are at least 15 extra lifes, once you've done it simply save and reload your save. the extra lifes will then respawn.

Crash is fine and all of that, but anybody else actually prefer Coco in the remaster? 

She's just awesome man, I love that she now feels like Crash's sister and not some stepsister or long-gone sibling. When she does the dance it's amazing 10/10 goty for me. She's totes magotes adorbs. 

34 minutes ago, Venom Wisp said:

Crash is fine and all of that, but anybody else actually prefer Coco in the remaster? 

She's just awesome man, I love that she now feels like Crash's sister and not some stepsister or long-gone sibling. When she does the dance it's amazing 10/10 goty for me. She's totes magotes adorbs. 

I've only seen footage so far, and I still love her in this game. They made her so fun and expressive, a true rectification of how she was in the earlier titles (as IGN put "a less powerful and less enjoyable playable character"). And I always love when females do heavy slapstick.

A shame they didn't make her slightly different to play as though. She was a skin in Mind Over Mutant, though since the game was multiplayer, it had relevance. Even just slightly different physics like what Mario and Luigi have (it would have made a hell of a difference in who gets chosen for speed runs). Still what we got is a drastic improvement over the original Warped and Wrath of Cortex, so it's hard to complain that much.

Looks like Crash has limelight competition again, Cortex already stole the show in a lot of games, now he needs to compete with Coco too. And it's saying more because, unlike games like Twinsanity where he is basically a grinning blank slate and not much of a character to compete with, Crash actually has a good personality on display here.

• Thumbs Up 4

100%'d Crash 2 and 105%'d Crash 3 (and got the Plat to boot). I beat C1 but I doubt I'll 100% it, it's just not very... fun.

Anyway, this is a superb package overall. Revisiting these games was bliss, and I just had an utter blast with it all. 2 and 3 are a great challenge, tough but fair. The only downside is my Dualshock 4's analog stick has fucked up at some point over the weekend of me playing it... now I have to go old school! 

So yeah. TL;DR, good stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I did discover one annoying thing; you know that touchpad on the PS4 controller? In Crash 1, at least, when you pause the game, you go straight to exiting the level by pushing the touchpad. Good if you wish to exit it anyways, but unfortunately, I discovered this by pushing it by accident. Really annoying if you wanna go back to playing, but oops, you pushed the touch pad.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SurrealBrain said:

I did discover one annoying thing; you know that touchpad on the PS4 controller? In Crash 1, at least, when you pause the game, you go straight to exiting the level by pushing the touchpad. Good if you wish to exit it anyways, but unfortunately, I discovered this by pushing it by accident. Really annoying if you wanna go back to playing, but oops, you pushed the touch pad.

I did that when I was almost at the end of Jaws of Darkness D: Imagine if it was Slippery Climb or The High Road >-<

I still haven't started Crash 2, wanna get all the relics in Crash 1 first, gotta squeeze all the juice off this beautiful wumpa... or in this case, all the sweat off my palms, God is this game hard!? I love it. Can't wait for the DLC, Stormy Ascent is hell. BTW, I heard people complaining about the long loading times, I'm playing the digital version, which I believe is quicker... maybe I'm wrong, but it never bothered me. They could just patch a fix to add the "restart" button to the pause menu even when you're not doing time attack.

Managed to get to the 100% ending...with 94%. 

They forgot to exclude the coloured gems from the platform addition algorithm. 

40. 72. 26 % finished for each. I'm taking my time to beat the games instead of marathon the games seeing as it just came out 2 days ago. I'd like to see more old games remade like this. But if that's the case of prefer still if they kept the old games physics. Cause it throws you off if you have played the classics to a t. Coco Is fine. Neither a had to have feature. I do wish,ctr was tossed in but honestly not sure if they should cause of they fixed physics in that games it be way different .

So...just completed Crash 1 100% (minus relics, they're more like a bonus), and it honestly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, even for the no-death gems. The shift to reserving that for coloured gems only really was the make-or-break deal for it. At the same time, it did expose the fact that Crash 1's level design can seem rather bare bones compared to 2 and 3, but it's more of a straight-up platforming challenge to make up for it. 

So yeah, I actually really like this version of Crash 1 (as opposed to the PS1 version which I despise). Still think my order is is Crash 2>Crash 3>Crash 1, but it is a much closer-run thing than it used to be (and 2 and 3 were very close to begin with). 

Radhew from Reddit made a great read on the physics change

Hopefully this will help those having trouble with certain levels

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm enjoying it so far. I took Gamestop's 60% deal (70% if you're Pro, which I have) and turned in six games I don't play (or won't anymore, namely my Wii U copy of Breath of the Wild) and got a ton of credit back for it. First things I got were ARMS and Crash (I could only get it digitally, though).

I played Crash 1 for hours last night. I definitely notice that its significantly harder than I remember Crash 2 being. Switched to Coco as soon as she became available.

There's this one temple level I had loads of trouble with. There's these spinning platforms that turn into a stepladder sort of thing, and I kept repeatedly missing the first big jump. When you're on one side, that side goes down, but I kept going too low to correctly make that jump. It was insanely difficult to get through that.

The next level I've been having loads of trouble with is Road to Nowhere, but I've read online it and its followup level are considered to be the hardest levels in the game.

Spoiler

However, I have found it useful standing on the ropes--it makes things much easier, though its still difficult.

I really want to finish Crash 1 being doing the others. I actually almost beat Crash Bandicoot 2 100% on PS1 a couple years ago (I got a copy of it like 10 years ago but never finished it).

More character talk. Sticking it under the spoiler because it's basically unorganised nonsense. 

I've still been thinking about why Dingodile's line was cut, even after like a week or so. To be honest, I'm wondering if it was removed due to the adjustments they made to his personality. Like, in the original game, aside from him intimidating Penta, he didn't really act in anyway that suggested he was anything other than a sane and collected minion. Now? The guy can't even give proper eye contact in the time twister and he's clearly not all that sane with his glee at killing Crash. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd calmly say that he'd been thrashed and that Crash would be up against much worse, Giggles McSadist here would keep trying to attack if he was still capable of that much cognition. Hence why one of his potential defeat soundbites is pretty much a scream. 

Contrast with N.Tropy; he has some evil laughter sprinkled in, but it's more restrained and he overall sounds far more controlled, hence why he kept his end quote. 

N.Gin is a weird case; he took a bit of a nosedive in the sanity department, but the quote removals seem unrelated to that (Crash 2 changed how the fight ended entirely, Crash 3 seems to realise that he's being fought by a different bandicoot). 

It actually makes me wonder about how the potential CTR remake (if it came to fruition) would take the sanity thing. Dingodile and N.Gin would be easy to re-adapt because they just have race quotes, but Komodo Joe (who has the same sort of glee streak now, with Moe far more clearly regretting agreeing to the plan) and Pinstripe (who...was always that crazy in Crash 1, but ND kinda just ignored it for the original CTR)  have actual dialogue pieces that depict a different personality. Would be fun to hear Joe's smug pessimism reinterpreted into a more sadistic slant.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Radhew from Reddit made a great read on the physics change

Hopefully this will help those having trouble with certain levels

Glad to see I was not the only one to notice how off the jump was. But i guess thats just how things go in remakes.