Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

4 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Oh wow just noticed, at the Pinstripe boss fight, check the floor

Reveal hidden contents

2R4N6eo.png

There's a drawing of Pinstripe shooting Crash down.

Guess he was looking forward to this so much he drew it while waiting for Crash to show up.

Ooh, I like, mainly because it supports my headcanon that Pinstripe always had a personal vendetta against Crash compared to the other mutants who only really developed them later, if at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got my copy. Shame I won't be able to play it for at least another week due to housesitting. But man it's going to be a blast playing the game back home when I'm finished!

Noooooo I fell asleep and now I have to go to work ???? I'm only gonna be playing this at 6pm now :(

Played the N-Sane trilogy for six hours straight, lol. Taking a break!

Done 55% in Crash 1. The controls aren't better than the original. I got fed up at "The High Road". Trying to jump across the gaps using the turtles is a nightmare. Hog Wild & the Native 2d levels gave me a lot of trouble. When you get to the third island if you die once in any of the stages you will not get the gems which is so unfair. You can die as much as you like in the first two islands, so why make it mandatory in the third?! 

I then moved onto Crash 2. Done 56% so far. The controls aren't perfect (maybe not quite as tight as the original) and the enemies move so quickly they can easily catch you out. Most controls are more-or-less true to the original. The bear-riding is fun. Sliding works fine. The hover waterboarding is easy to control. Bosses are good. I'm up to Hub World 4.

DDkK60qW0AA3iE8.jpg

DDkK7L8XsAASl0o.jpg

DDkK7kzXsAAymow.jpg

Graphics are lovely in both, especially in Crash 2.

So far:

Crash 1 :angry:

Crash 2 :D

sorry ocelot, i just had to. :D

has anyone tried and get the gold relic in snow go by now? i cant manage to get it, I'm always about 10 seconds too slow.

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-29 at 17.29.15.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I'm finding Crash 1 so much easier now that I can use an analogue stick. I was never a D-pad person for Crash, which made it so much harder for me. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Hmm, I dunno guys. This game seems to look identical to the originals, maybe it's a problem with my system or something I'm not sure.

19620377_125901988005261_127806407948410

Nah in all seriousness I'm loving this so far! I'm being very strict with myself and not moving on until I've at least beaten the first game. I'm loving all the little conveniences they've added into this but without compromising the challenge. Being able to retry bonus rooms is definitely a highlight on that front!

• Thumbs Up 8

So..has anyone found a good Spot to Farm extra lifes in crash 2 yet? Im tried of playing turtle woods over and over again..(2 lifes per run)

I envy you guys! Could be playing this gem, but I'm stuck at work (I'm actually in my lunch time right now, but still!). Just 5 more hours and I'll be home! Enjoy it for me untill then! Sad to hear it doesn't really play as tight as the originals, cuz' everybody who played the demos said not only the N. Sane Trilogy played better (Crash not being a heavy mother focker in Crash 1 anymore), but it was also MORE precise... Well, I'll find out soon enough.

Nice rig@Joy ?

• Thumbs Up 1

I am in love with this game! Keeps impressing me the further I get. Just a few complaints, though.

Crash 1 takes some getting used to here. For some reason, I keep getting screwed by little things. For instance, jumping on turtles seems relentlessly difficult in this version for some reason. Their hit boxes are weird or something, I don't know. 

Also, any platform involving fire is a pain in the ass. It really doesn't feel like how it behaves in Crash 1 on PS1. I keep getting burned when the fire is barely out, but avoid getting burned sometimes even if it's at full blast. The PS1 version felt a lot more lenient with it, which shocks me. There's also a fire platform in the very first ruins level that made me die about 10 times, because Crash kept getting stuck on the very edge every time I tried to do a running jump.

Crash 2 and 3 however feel PERFECT right now. I was surprised and relieved when I moved on to those games yesterday, they just feel sooooo much better than Crash 1. Even the motorcycle levels feel a bit better, but that didn't stop me from having to restart the race about 3 times.

Overall though, this is EXCELLENT. Well worth only $40, and great for any Crash fan. Hopefully they do a little bit of patching just to make it all the better.

4 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

I got fed up at "The High Road". Trying to jump across the gaps using the turtles is a nightmare. Hog Wild & the Native 2d levels gave me a lot of trouble. When you get to the third island if you die once in any of the stages you will not get the gems which is so unfair. You can die as much as you like in the first two islands, so why make it mandatory in the third?! 

Actually the no die requirement only applies to the colored gems (which is still harsh), but...yeah.

I've played some of Crash 3 with Coco :P...and yeah, so far the controls feel really good. I'd say slight better than the original. Only negative thing I've noticed is the controls in the Coco Jet-Ski stages are more slippery (I assume to reflect movement on water).

Gone back to Crash 1 and finally made it through The High Road.

1 hour ago, FReaK said:

So..has anyone found a good Spot to Farm extra lifes in crash 2 yet? Im tried of playing turtle woods over and over again..(2 lifes per run)

Did they keep the Easter Egg where if you jump on Polar repeatedly in the hub world, you get a boatload of lives?

Apparently the Japanese version of the game (or at the very least the Japanese voice work) is already made and inside the western game, just set your console to Japanese (naturally Coco makes adorable 'onii chan's):

15 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Did they keep the Easter Egg where if you jump on Polar repeatedly in the hub world, you get a boatload of lives?

Yes, its even a trophy. 

Found an infinite lives glitch on Crash 1. Go to the Lost City level on the second island, and at the very start of the level, you'll be able to get four lives. Quit, save, and reload. For some reason, when you reload your game, it resets any life boxes you've already gotten (So they won't be ? boxes). Extremely useful for the hardest game here. 

Ensure you save in a normal file and not an autosave though, as I'm not sure if Autosave resets the boxes or not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Apparently the Japanese version of the game (or at the very least the Japanese voice work) is already made and inside the western game, just set your console to Japanese (naturally Coco makes adorable 'onii chan's):

>crystals are called power stones

...why? Did they fear Square-Enix would have sued?
Also, they didn't even tried with the lip-syncing.

I can already see the memes and the YTPs. Such a goldimine.

Took me ages but I finally got the blue, green and yellow gems in Crash 1. Making progress :)

DDl0O6fXcAA_Ji1.jpg:large 

• Thumbs Up 3

This is proof of the status I made not too long ago.

Got a game over in Ruination. Didn't bother me that much since I didn't make much progress in it. But, somehow, I got the wrong game over. Uka Uka is supposed to be shadowed in Crash 1 and 2 due to his reveal in Crash 3, but...

I suppose if the Game Over was to glitch that would be one of the first things to go wrong with it.

Where do all you guys get this recording stuff anyway? I thought it was super expensive to do that.

20 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Where do all you guys get this recording stuff anyway? I thought it was super expensive to do that.

PS4 has a built in share button

20 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said: