Awoo.

Epic Mickey [Wii]

Patticus

It's always amused me how people criticize the Wii's graphics when really it's just that developers don't try hard enough to make games look good. This looks wonderful.

Definitely has the creepy feel of the old concept art, too. I'm pleased.

Graphics are looking much, much better now.

e3-2010-disney-epic-mickey-screens-20100615020110644.jpg

It's looking really nice! Definitely getting a creepy vibe out of it.

Oh, thank god they didn't make it EXACTLY like the concept art, but they're getting close enough to keep the charm of what they had before and make it just dark enough to keep the feel yet make it creepier.

I kinda liked the way it looked before, yeah. Whatchugonnadobutit, bitch?

• Thumbs Up 2

Those scenes in the behind the scenes vid looked awesome. The Blot reaching into a terrified Mickey's window to pull the mouse out of his own bed? That right there's the stuff of nightmares. And then we got Oswald and his cohorts trying to steal Mickey's heart. And Mickey just rips that plunger right off himself in a display of pure badassery. This game truly is worthy of its title.

The whole paint and thinner mechanic sounds like it'll be good fun, especially combined with the whole "playstyle matters" idea. If they can pull this off as well as we're all hoping, we're in for something truly special.

This is looking fantastic, I can definitely see this being one of the "greats" of this generation, up there with Bioshock and Super Mario Galaxy.

i hope the whole "hero and scrapper" is stil in. Warren hardly mentioned on the conference....

Spector mentioned it at a later point in a Stage Demo at Gamespot's Live show. Both Hero and Scrapper paths are still there, and they'll have their own branching abilities. You go Hero by creating, while you go Scrapper by erasing more. He said your choices will affect the outcome of the game, so there's room for replays. Ultimately, he wants people to play the game anyway they want so the neutral option will apparently be viable too.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I am quite amazed by the footage from E3.

It looks really amazing. And it looks like it will play well too. I think this should had won E3.

For once a lot people are looking forward to seeing a Disney game. Funny how it works that way. :D

I heard you liek accessories with your Epic Mickey game, okay .....

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127485

pdp_epicmickey__1_.jpg

The game, it looks really fun and I don't think i'v been hyped up for anything Mickey Mouse since I was about 7 years old so this has me hooked first day buy without a doubt I can see myself playing this for hours =D

That Phantom Blot charger is actually really cool for a collector. The paintbrush I don't quite get since it's a nunchuck yet wouldn't you be using the Wiimote as Mickey's brush?

The Tron controller is fucking awesome though.

Oh I SO want that Phantom Blot charger!!

Also, that Tron wiimote looks badass....

If I were a bigger Mickey fan and had the money I'd definitely pick those up, but I think I'm content just getting the game. This is looking quite phenominal, really, I'm excited to see more.

This is awesome(except the paintbrush. You'd think that'd be a wiimote cover.). I'm definitely wanting the Charger and Tron controller, but any idea why they waited months to announce a Wii version of Evolution?

Spector mentioned it at a later point in a Stage Demo at Gamespot's Live show. Both Hero and Scrapper paths are still there, and they'll have their own branching abilities. You go Hero by creating, while you go Scrapper by erasing more. He said your choices will affect the outcome of the game, so there's room for replays. Ultimately, he wants people to play the game anyway they want so the neutral option will apparently be viable too.

i remember him saying that, but what I was talking about was the physical change in Mickey by doing heroic or scrapper things. In what all the videos show, it's always the "middle of the road" Mickey, with no style changes when he does good or mean choices...

i remember him saying that, but what I was talking about was the physical change in Mickey by doing heroic or scrapper things. In what all the videos show, it's always the "middle of the road" Mickey, with no style changes when he does good or mean choices...

I imagine that that being the "normal" Mickey as he's known, they'd want to show that version off rather than the others. If they still have the good and bad decisions, I can't see why they wouldn't have the good and bad Mickey designs.

It probably takes more than a couple of minutes for Mickey to change, what kind of morality system would be if you're automatically hero or scrapper after a few befriends or erasures?

Edited by Hero Of Fate

It probably takes more than a couple of minutes for Mickey to change, what kind of morality system would be if you're automatically hero or scrapper after a few befriends or erasures?

Infamous?

*BA-DUM-PISH*

But seriously speaking, then it seems warren did well. I was fearing the game wouldchange you by the smallest of actions <8which is pretty common in other game with this kind of choices)

I have a feeling the major deciding factor will be how you go about solving quests, which is a better way to handle things in my opinion. Like, for instance, the demo of a sidequest Spector showed off had you doing something about the machine that turns pirates into robots. You could either destroy the machine by erasing all of its parts or reversing its effects by using paint. Destroying would count as a Scrapper action while reversing would count as Hero.

This morality system sounds pretty cut and dry.

It's not actually. It's affected by almost everything. Erase a wall, go a little in the Scrapper direction, befriend an enemy, go a little more in the Hero direction. Depending on how you play, could could get stuck halfway to Hero, or three fourths to Scrapper. Do that sidequest so nobody really ends up happy except you? Go far in the Scrapper direction. It also affects your combat styles, character interactions, enemy interactions, hell, even the way Mickey looks.

It's not just like three morality choices, it a whole morality bar with two extremes to work to, and a middle "zero" morality, with extras all around.

Of course, all this is recorded in the background while you play. Warren Spector said your choices, even small ones, would have some impact on the way the game plays out. I just assume doing something really dickish, like selling Robo Donald's parts to Gremlins, is going to drastically affect the bar as opposed to erasing one tree. Those trees will add up, though.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

It's not actually. It's affected by almost everything. Erase a wall, go a little in the Scrapper direction, befriend an enemy, go a little more in the Hero direction. Depending on how you play, could could get stuck halfway to Hero, or three fourths to Scrapper. Do that sidequest so nobody really ends up happy except you? Go far in the Scrapper direction. It also affects your combat styles, character interactions, enemy interactions, hell, even the way Mickey looks.

It's not just like three morality choices, it a whole morality bar with two extremes to work to, and a middle "zero" morality, with extras all around.

so like... every other cut and dry morality system ever

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to agree here. The game doesn't look bad at all, but I keep forgetting that it even has a morality system. I kind of like the twist that it's classic vs. modern Mickey and not just good or evil, but other than that... the morality scale was kind of cool when I played Knights of the Old Republic, but that was seven years ago. It's not a bad feature or anything, but it's hardly a selling point anymore.

Edited by Octarine

so like... every other cut and dry morality system ever

I'd figure "cut and dry" would be like ShTH. You can't really expand on a morality system much more then they already have here.