Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Caved in from the moment I heard, since I'd already caved during Gen V and Gen VI, so why stop now?

I love the other Island Guardians.  The design feels more uniquely creative than usual.  The two I really love though are the water spider (which looks like something from a pulp sci-fi film) and Wimpod's evolution.  That thing is Greninja levels of badass design. 

I forgot to add, there are still things we don't know about the game since GameFreak seems to at least have attempted to keep things hidden. Namely...

The types of the pokemon, their moves, their abilities and their stats.

With that said, there were 3 moves revealed and it's speculated that those are the starter's signature moves.

So in the end between the three starters...

Spoiler

I can choose between John Cena, Rowling Hood or RuPopplio. I think I'll go for the first option

-The trainer sends out his pokemon...and it's name is JOHN CENA!!! *John Cena theme plays*

Now for a mild gameplay spoiler in the next GameXplain video, confirming...

...that HMs are gone; or rather, they are no longer needed in the overworld:

So many leaks. Hohoo. Well never takes long after a demo comes out. The game is looking good as ever.

Spoiler

I'm happy Litten's leaked final form is real. I like him he's cool... The on-2 legs hate bandwagon from nearly everybody online was just obnoxious honestly, as a result it pushed me into wanting to like him even more... And it hopefully will remind everybody that it's pretty much a rule that fire starters final forms must always stand on it's back legs and that to not hope for otherwise.

I like all the starters final forms just to say tho. Popplio's final form is my 2nd fave of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I've noticed about the Ash-Greninja:

Spoiler

So its Nature appears to be locked to "Hardy," so there's not a whole lot going for him in that department. That said though, I did notice its Speed EVs were maxed and that Attack and Special Attack were split for the rest, so it could make for a nice mixed set outside of the competitive scene.

1 hour ago, Jeffhog said:

Something I've noticed about the Ash-Greninja:

Hide contents

So its Nature appears to be locked to "Hardy," so there's not a whole lot going for him in that department. That said though, I did notice its Speed EVs were maxed and that Attack and Special Attack were split for the rest, so it could make for a nice mixed set outside of the competitive scene.

Spoiler

As I recall, male Pokémon can sometimes pass their abilities down now, so perhaps it might be possible to breed for a new Froakie with an ideal nature? ...Though I suppose then we have to wonder if the Froakie line is getting a new hidden ability that becomes Battle Bond when it evolves or if the mechanic is locked to the Greninja from the demo. Would be a bummer if it's the latter, then.

19 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Then either make a spoiler heavy new thread, or force people to spoiler tag everything related to spoilers or else they'll get kicked where it hurts the most

15 hours ago, FFWF said:

For crying out loud, GameFreak, did you learn nothing.

Well, unless a datamine-spoiler thread or a very strict spoiler policy comes into force, I'm out for the time being.  It's been fun, everyone.

9 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Anyone not wanting to be spoiled best leave this thread now.

Made a Spoiler Topic so we can continue to post without worrying about spoilers.

Also, next official news release is next thursday.

The next Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on October 27th at 22:00 JST which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh good, new spoiler thread is made; now I won't have to jump off this ship. Since I assume many have the demo in their hands I guess talking about it here from what was revealed there on face value is good to go?

Like for example, similar to the ORAS demo there are timed events from the second day to the 25th day you play this one. 

Speaking of the new demo, it comes with a new trailer.

And with a new trailer, comes a new GameXplain Analysis

GameXplain video about their interview with the developers, including how they changed their approach to designing Pokémon as technology developed:

EDIT:

Mimikyu now has its own theme song!

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't know about the D-Pad being used as a Register for Poke Ride and Pikachu being catchable during the challenge.

Also, I'm so glad Free Space is back.

Spoiler

Their aren't NEARLY as much Alola Forms as I was hoping for.

How the hell did they skip out on a Pegasus Rapidash?

So according to Serebii, the NicoNico Sun/Moon gameplay stream confirmed the total number of Trials in the game:

Spoiler

Seven.

Well, there goes my dream of there being enough Trial Captains + Kahunas to cover all eighteen types.  What's the betting there's still not a Dark-type one in there, eh?

PS Thanks to the Alolan Pokedex guidebook that's been previewed, we have another Pokemon officially showcased beyond leaking.

alolanpersian.jpg

Okay, so I'm about to make my dive into the Demo. Gotta secure my chance at nabbing that Ash-Grininja to rot away in my PC.

(Battle Bond will probably have significant impact on the battling scene as an "extra" mega evolution for your team - so we better get one while we can)

But before I go, is there anything else in the demo that I need to acquire? Nuggets and star pieces are a bit of a leg up, but nothing I need to worry about transferring over the the main game. I heard Greninja was the only Pokemon that would follow you to the main release, which means I don't need to worry about "catching them all" in the demo. I heard something about a Z crystal too...

Is there any item or thing in the demo that I should make sure to go after before I put it down? I'd hate to miss an opportunity to get something rare. Or is the Battle Bond the only thing worth savoring over?

There are several day-specific events ('Come back in x days and I'll show you!')  but I don't know if you get anything to transfer from any of those.  Greninja and the Z-crystal you get first time you play.  Nugget and Star stuff you can get the second time (I think you can get both 2nd time), but then there are events at set days since first play and cameo/events on certain days of the week.  So far I've only met the guy who helped the girl with the sprained ankle, but there may be something important later.  Or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to remind you people that we are getting dem infos October 27th at 6am PST / 9am EST / 2pm BST / 10pm JST.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd bumped it up after the guidebook leak, if they weren't planning on revealing it already; it's not really interesting enough to keep secret.  But then again, maybe it's also not special enough to bother with...

Meanwhile, I keep on expecting them to be more explicit about "Poké Ride is the new HMs" but then it never gets brought up outside of interviews.  I hope there are still some presently-unknown Poké Ride abilities; I really like what they've done with them.