Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

The customization feature is back in full force and looking even better than X/Y's. I love it! Also the fact that Passimian and  Oranguru's abilities are helpful in double battles is pretty, plus I like their designs too.

21 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Lycanroc is just a whole pile of confusion. Why make the evolution forms version exclusive when it's something that's going to be a pain to keep up generations in the future?

The cynical side of me suspects that it may be to force trading more, especially since we've had a day/night evolver in the past just fine (Eevee, with Espeon and Umbreon). 

Yeah, that's really weird with Lycanroc. They could've made its evolution day or night instead of version exclusive.

I assume the intention with making Lycanroc's evolutions version-exclusive is to further emphasise the differences between Sun and Moon as experiences, but... given that with a day/night evolution difference you'd be more likely to get Midday Form in Sun and Midnight Form in Moon anyway, couldn't they just have stuck to NPC trainers having Midday Form in Sun and Midnight Form in Moon?

Or possibly...  Given that the two forms are just forms of the same Pokemon, is it possible that they actually aren't that different?  That the main difference between the two is visual, and that in terms of movesets and stats they're mostly the same?  We already know that they have the same type, and one of their possible abilities is the same as well.  If that were the case, that they were functionally similar, I wouldn't be so annoyed about it.  (Though at the same time, that would also make the gimmick look unnecessary...)

I'm not exactly sure that the two forms will be similar to each other stat-wise. At the very least, we know that Midday Form has a clear focus on Speed thanks to descriptions, Acceleroc, and replacing Vital Spirit with Sand Rush. Meanwhile, the Midnight Form description seems to imply a specialty in Attack and/or Defence.

Judging by this, I think it's possible that Midday Form will prioritise Speed over Defence (or maybe Attack, but I doubt it), while Midnight Form acts as a polar opposite (Attack/Defence over Speed).

At least, that's what I see happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Came across a video about the Lykoi, and I'm thinking that the eventual Alola Persian (it's gonna happen) could be inspired by it.

Lykois are a breed of cat discovered 20 years ago. They are the genetic result of cats going feral and breeding in the wild, and take characteristics of wolves and dogs with their feline nature. 

An Alola Persian based on Lykoi would be a fitting addition. Alola Meowth came to be from domestication of Meowth with the Alolan royalty, but some are bound to have escaped. Those Meowth would go feral, and several generations down the line, boom, Lykoi Alola Persian. 

We'll see if Alola Persian is revealed tomorrow with the new Sun and Moon update at 9 ET and see if I'm right. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't believe there's an actual set forecast for what to expect tomorrow.  They could blindside us with yet another thing we couldn't possibly have predicted.  Or maybe go into detail about how Poké Ride works.

We got the first evolutions of the starters; Dartrix, Torracat & Brionne 

Also demo confirmed for eShop on October 18th

A new release of information has come for Pokémon Sun & Moon. We're currently compiling all the information from the trailer so keep checking back
First, Rowlet's evolution, Dartrix has been revealed. As has Litten's called Torracat and Popplio's called Brionne
A new area called Festival Plaza where you can play games to collect Festival Coins to spend in various shops including ones that boost Effort Values
Next, the Poké Pelago uses boxed Pokémon to attract wild Pokémon on Isle Abeens & Isle Aphun for items
Mega Evolution has been confirmed for Pokémon Sun & Moon
Ash-Greninja is obtained through a special demo to be released October 18th 2016. It can then be transferred to the main games at launch
14:07: The next release of Pokémon Sun & Moon information will hit on October 14th at 22:00 JST, which is 00:00 AEDT, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT

• Thumbs Up 3

Sweet! Ash Greninja is officially confirmed! Still waiting to see the final evolutions of the starters to make my decision, but I'm slowly starting to believe the leaks may be real.

Not too over the moon about the mid evos, but Brionne's pretty cute.  However I'm really eager over how Ash-Greninja works here.  Does it act like mega-evolutions like in the anime?  Because if it's just for show, then I'd be pretty disappointed.  Still, I'm really curious to know how you get him in-game.

You get Ash-Greninja in-game by playing through the demo and setting it up for transfer. It explicitly says such in the video.

1 minute ago, QuantumEdge said:

Not too over the moon about the mid evos, but Brionne's pretty cute.  However I'm really eager over how Ash-Greninja works here.  Does it act like mega-evolutions like in the anime?  Because if it's just for show, then I'd be pretty disappointed.  Still, I'm really curious to know how you get him in-game.

We get Ash-Greninja via the Special Demo Version that's due out on October 18th.

The first stage evos look pretty damn awesome in their own way. Brionne is just so damn cute, Terracat looks like a cat with bulk so that's a good sign for me, and Dartrix looks like a hipster with a dignified fashion sense lmao

1 minute ago, TCB said:

We get Ash-Greninja via the Special Demo Version that's due out on October 18th.

The first stage evos look pretty damn awesome in their own way. Brionne is just so damn cute, Terracat looks like a cat with bulk so that's a good sign for me, and Dartrix looks like a hipster with a dignified fashion sense lmao

I know that much, I was just wondering if that's the only method in obtaining him.  Apparently, after looking up the site, Battle Bond's an ability that only happens when Greninja KOs another Pokémon. 

Just now, QuantumEdge said:

I know that much, I was just wondering if that's the only method in obtaining him.  Apparently, after looking up the site, Battle Bond's an ability that only happens when Greninja KOs another Pokémon. 

I'm willing to guess Ash-Greninja is similar to how the gift Pokemon obtained in the ORAS demo was like. 

Just now, TCB said:

I'm willing to guess Ash-Greninja is similar to how the gift Pokemon obtained in the ORAS demo was like. 

You mean like the shiny Beldum?  Makes sense if that's the case.  Thinking about the demo though makes me wonder if GF have made extra precautions not to let any giant leaks occur :P

Honestly, the only mid-evolution that looks fine to me is Torracat, and considering i'm usually a Water-type fan, you can imagine i'm not too much enthusiastic.

Glad they didn't forgot completely about Mega Evolutions and they integrated the bracelet with the Z-Moves one (makes sense); still a shame of no new Megas, but i guess they wanted to prioritize the new material more. Unless they have surprises right before the game release, but i highly doubt that.

For the Plaza and the Pelago, i'll see more once i'll get the game; they way they were presented in the trailer looked a bit rushed, so i guess they're mechanics that needs to be taught detailedly.

Also, not a big fan of the fact that the new Greninjia form is literally called Ash-Greninja, as it was having Pikachu from Gen VI omward using his anime voice; the less the anime creeps in the games, the better.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

You mean like the shiny Beldum?  Makes sense if that's the case.  Thinking about the demo though makes me wonder if GF have made extra precautions not to let any giant leaks occur :P

Well, that, and how the Steelix/Glalie thing worked out.

Also now that Ash-Greninja confirmed, when was the last time anything w/ this much anime reference blantantly made it to the games? Yellow version itself?

Just now, TCB said:

Well, that, and how the Steelix/Glalie thing worked out.

Also now that Ash-Greninja confirmed, when was the last time anything w/ this much anime reference blantantly made it to the games? Yellow version itself?

So far as I know, Yellow's been the only title till now to do any anime referencing.  With S&M, I think they've gone even further now, considering this is (I think?) the first time "Ash" has ever been mentioned in any context.

The only one of the mid evolutions that really match up with the leaked final evolutions is Brionne, I think. Kind of speaks for the multiple final evolutions leak.

Also, demo on my birthday!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Honestly, the only mid-evolution that looks fine to me is Torracat, and considering i'm usually a Water-type fan, you can imagine i'm not too much enthusiastic.

Really? That one seemed by far the most boring, to me. Fancy owl, fancy seal...slightly larger cat. :/

• Thumbs Up 4

The fluff on the website for Dartrix and Torracat points to their leaked final evolutions, so combined with Brionne's appearance then that leak just looks even stronger now.

Poké Pelago looks great.  It's an incentive to catch more Pokemon and a fluff justification for letting them rot in your PC.  I'd been toying with ideas for something like this, but actually adding gameplay function to it as well is a bonus.  Good stuff.

Mega Evolution is back, but it doesn't sound like there are any new ones...  I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd one or two, though, but it's clearly not a feature they're interested in making central again at this time.

And Ash-Greninja is in and the form is a pseudo-Mega-Evolution, no real surprises there.  I just hope the Special Demo Version doesn't leak everything a month early this time.