Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

I'm also waiting a patch that fix the glitches when playing with the FPS unlocked. Haven't touched the game ever since, I can't get pass Tropical Coast Zone 1 due to the gamebreaking glitch :/

I think you can fix the butterfly problem by jumping around some. They phase in and out of existence and I've gotten the to come back and finish the level

Here's a quick mod from SonicHyuga and myself.

https://mega.nz/#!qJFC1SJR!XD748N1f3HHkEiBFSBU_g30QZUhAdFQtNzta82fY5Zk

This mod is by myself and SonicHyuga.

You can use SonicGMI/CPKRedir for this mod. The levels with new music would be Windy Hill 1 and 4, Lava Mountain 3 and 4, Tropical Coast 1, Sky Road 1, Lost Hex (Level Select).

Hope you enjoy this mod! Will be updated as we get clean versions of the new tracks as well. 

hey sonicy music that isn't fitting in a mario game.

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 3

Recently got a new laptop and I am now able to play the Steam version of Lost World with 60fps. I'm up to Tropical Coast zone 2. With the exception of THAT section in zone 1 of TC (where the frame-rate drops to about 15fps when you have to free those flower petals and there's an optional 5-4-3-2-1 extra-life sequence) it seems stable at 60fps.

As for the game itself? The music is good. I have to admit I do prefer using a controller over the Wii U game-pad and the Wisps are easier to use. However, it doesn't make a difference as to how Sonic controls IMO. The Steam version has the same poor "stiff" controls which plagued the Wii U version. For that reason I have no intention of going after the red-star rings this time. Honestly it's more trouble than it's worth. I'll only be missing out on Super Sonic which is no big deal.

I'm not really bothered about the removal of the bonus stages. Having to collect animals to unlock the normal stages was a stupid idea/unnecessary pace-breaker.

I like SLW in that the parkour gameplay is a nice addition and the level design has some interesting ideas which I'd like to see improved upon. My major issue has always been the controls. So, whilst the Steam version is good, if you are expecting any improvements from the Wii U version then you're in for a disappointment.

Just a "little" mod that my friend @PatMac did.

64GPSPe.jpg?1

Is Jimmy Neutron one of those "let's repeat it and pretend it's funny even though it isn't" jokes like Shrek, or what?

64GPSPe.jpg?1

Is Jimmy Neutron one of those "let's repeat it and pretend it's funny even though it isn't" jokes like Shrek, or what?

Well no. Me and my friends were pondering what Sonic Lost World mod I could make and we decided the best use of time would be Jimmy Neutron. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I never said there was a problem, I was just wondering what the hell the connection is and why you'd choose that

I tried Lost World but it run somewhat slowly. I decided to take the refund because I didn't wanted to risk my 30€. When it some day comes on sale I try again with trying to optimise the game with that 30 fps possibility.

I tried Lost World but it run somewhat slowly. I decided to take the refund because I didn't wanted to risk my 30€. When it some day comes on sale I try again with trying to optimise the game with that 30 fps possibility.

There is a command line where you can unlock the FPS or change it to 30 FPS instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a command line where you can unlock the FPS or change it to 30 FPS instead.

I know but as I said, I didn't want to risk 30€ in case I fuck up somehow. Besides, if I have to tamper with command line I don't think that game is worth it's current price because PC games should have much better customization options. At least I have understood that it's one of the biggest selling points of PC gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

I now got the game and made it run with 30 fps. Mostly it runs well but then I got to Tropical coast act 1 and to the point where I should free butterflies but they just dissapear. Is there some way to fix that?

Jump around a bit on the platform. Near the corners they may phase back into existence. They do for me, at least

Jump around a bit on the platform. Near the corners they may phase back into existence. They do for me, at least

Thank. I try that next time. My only solution was to kill myself enough times so that section skip -wings appeared

So, apparently this Lost World modloader just refuses to work on my PC. But I have heard that SonicGMI can work on Lost World. Any info how I could do that?

So, apparently this Lost World modloader just refuses to work on my PC. But I have heard that SonicGMI can work on Lost World. Any info how I could do that?

If no Retroer gets back to you, explain your problem in full detail and I'll post it over at Sonic Retro.

I actually got SonicGMI from a mod I downloaded for Lost World... Virtual Hedgehog was the mod I downloaded because it was made for SonicGMI in mind, but it does work in the updated version of Modloader... at least I think. Last time I tried to run Lost World, it kept crashing, so I've re-installed it.

And if ya want to have no HUD, here's a little mod I came up with.

I actually got SonicGMI from a mod I downloaded for Lost World... Virtual Hedgehog was the mod I downloaded because it was made for SonicGMI in mind, but it does work in the updated version of Modloader... at least I think. Last time I tried to run Lost World, it kept crashing, so I've re-installed it.

And if ya want to have no HUD, here's a little mod I came up with.

How to get GMI work with Lost World? I tried to install it but it said it isn't in the same folder with Generations and I have not found clear instructions anywhere

How to get GMI work with Lost World? I tried to install it but it said it isn't in the same folder with Generations and I have not found clear instructions anywhere

That's because you have to download an edited version of GMI.

You can get the program in this mod. (You can delete the actual mod and just use the GMI if you want). Also, read the 'readme.txt' that's included, it tells you how to set the GMI up for Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's because you have to download an edited version of GMI.

You can get the program in this mod. (You can delete the actual mod and just use the GMI if you want). Also, read the 'readme.txt' that's included, it tells you how to set the GMI up for Lost World.

Got it to work. Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1