Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

I'm out of the house for a while but SEGA has brought in some extra options for people struggling to get the game running properly including a 30fps cap and unlocking the frame rate.

Found in the pinned topic on the Steam forum.

ymYbw5R.png

Ok, well, I have a weird problem, even though the game lags at certain stages (but whatever), but why the cannons don't work for me? Sonic jumps in the cannon and then he is stuck in there and I can't progress then, making the game unbeatable for me because of desert ruins 3. Firstly when I encountered this glitch in the first level of Windy Hill I thought this was accidental. But now I realize this is really a thing, wtf

I thought this is a graphics issue, because I have the game running at lowest settings possible, but changing the setting did nothing.

Have any of you had this happened?

Edit: ok, so I died 5 times purposely to skip the cannon but that's not alright for sure, issue still valid.

Edit 2: Well, this is the end. I can't skip the cannon in tropical coast 4. I'm done.

Edited by Spееdy

Oh you've GOT to be kidding me. Okay, so after getting impatient with SEGA Support, I decided to try out something that seemed ludicrous to me by the Steam community. Other users that had this issue tried using a VPN, saying it works. I didn't bother testing that theory since it seemed like a pain in the ass, until now. And yep. I can confirm that this game is indeed region locked. For whatever reason, and however the hell they even managed to program the game like this, it only works under certain locations. So now every time I want to run the game, I'll have to use a VPN. Geez, as soon as I get a reply from Support, I'll be sure to mention this because what the bloody hell is this?! Why would you sell a game in a region where the game is blocked? I don't know if this has to do with Steam's DRM or with Lost World itself, but they need to fix this ASAP. 

Edit: After playing the game a bit, it runs very well in 720p on my PC. 1080p looks gorgeous but sadly, it runs at 30fps which results in slowdown. Sonic does control a bit better than on Wii U too, actually. He's a lot less janky and jerky. I didn't complete the first level though, because I felt so guilty playing with a VPN on. :/ 

Edited by ElectricAngel

I know guys. I didn't believe it at first too, but somehow it happened. My only guess is that it's due to some conflict going on between the Steam files and the game. Like, I know some games are unavailable in some regions, so perhaps if Steam detects you're trying to run a game that's not for sale where you live, it won't launch it? But that's just an assumption. And even if it is how that works, it shouldn't affect me since Lost World is for sale on the Jordanian store so... ???? This is weird. 

Ok, well, I have a weird problem, even though the game lags at certain stages (but whatever), but why the cannons don't work for me? Sonic jumps in the cannon and then he is stuck in there and I can't progress then, making the game unbeatable for me because of desert ruins 3. Firstly when I encountered this glitch in the first level of Windy Hill I thought this was accidental. But now I realize this is really a thing, wtf

I thought this is a graphics issue, because I have the game running at lowest settings possible, but changing the setting did nothing.

Have any of you had this happened?

Edit: ok, so I died 5 times purposely to skip the cannon but that's not alright for sure, issue still valid.

Edit 2: Well, this is the end. I can't skip the cannon in tropical coast 4. I'm done.

Apparently the cannons don't work if yoy have a controller connected that isn't Xinput. In other words, any controller that isn't based off the 360 drivers.

Apparently the cannons don't work if yoy have a controller connected that isn't Xinput. In other words, any controller that isn't based off the 360 drivers.

Oh. Tried with keyboard and that helped. Thank you.
Well, weird. Gotta buy a new controller then.

...guys.. GUYS.. GAES.

DO IT: https://steamcommunity.com/app/329440/discussions/0/490125103623278010/

--F
This will completely disable framerate locking and allow the machine to run as best as it can, this is the most unstable mode but can be tried as a last resort.

I did the command and my game now works at the best resolution, with everything on (including the grass) at full speed!!! It still says the game is running at 40FPS, but it run as smooth as 60FPS ALL DA TIME! Blessed SEGA, XOXO.

Guess that "locked 60FPS" wasn't a really good thing to promote xD

Now who said laptops can't run Lost World? It was an issue with the game, not the hardware hehehe

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 6

Why even have locked FPS being a option in the first place? I wished they at least have the option to unlock it in video option or something.

Second, That nasty annoying ball gimmick is now gone:

I gotta mod my PC already. I need this. I'm sure it's possible to spin dash and double jump off that ramp for a safe landing.

Edited by Auto

Ah, you know what? Screw it, I'm gonna play this game using VPN. I found a solution, might as well go with it until SEGA fixes the actual files. :U Might as well try some of the recent mods while I'm at it. 

While I agree that mine runs at like 20 FPS no matter the resolution, I've had other games run heaps worse.

Never mind, I decided to try out the command to unlock the frame rate and now it works perfectly.

Edited by Haalyle
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I agree that mine runs at like 20 FPS no matter the resolution, I've had other games run heaps worse.

Never mind, I decided to try out the command to unlock the frame rate and now it works perfectly.

Glad to hear! :) What a silly decision of SEGA, eh? We should suggest to them on the Steam thread to add the function to unlock the framerate through the OPTIONS menu of game.

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh, this beta thing might just be the best thing. It not only stopped the slowdown (which is weird because now it runs at a constant 60fps at full speed anyway?) but it also made my controller work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would anyone be able to take a few screengrabs of the files in the Sonic Lost World folder? I'm still trying to find a way of fixing this T-Pose problem and SEGA support has gone quiet so I guess I'm on my own with this for the time being.

I'm just trying to make sure I definitely have all the files I should before I tinker with them.

So I took the plunge and bought Sonic Lost World. I have an HP Spectre x360 (for now, planning to get another laptop for gaming) so what I did was a bit of a risk.

And wow, the game is actually playable on this thing. Smooth as butter. This laptop doesn't even have a GPU and it's running without any lag! I'm guessing if you own a PC with the latest generation Intel Core i5/i7 series, you'll be fine with this game. 

Yeah, so... using the beta acess code (F--) makes the game run perfectly. But it also causes a few bugs, one which I just discovered is game breaking. Here are the ones I've encountered:

The first one, right at the beggining of Windy Hill Zone 1, you can't get the Red Ring at the top of the tree. Sonic pass right through it.

The second one, is in Desert Ruins Zone 2. You know those bees' homing attack chains? Yeah, they don't work. Sonic will hit the first bee in line, but he will not hit the other ones. You will eventually fail from your combo and get hit, in worst cases, fall into a pit.

Third one, Desert Ruins Zone 4, boss battle. Zomom jumps to cause the earthquake, but he doesn't quite... fall down. He floats still like an inch from the ground and stays like this forever. You will eventually have to touch him to get hurt, untill you die. It happened 2 out of 3 times I've played.

Now the game breaking one: Tropical Coast Zone 1. That section with the cannons that shoot almonds. You have to break 5 cages to set free the butterflies in order to restore a flower, so Sonic can use it as a cannon to advance to the next area. But here's the bug: even if you break all the cages, the flower isn't restored. The butterflies don't even follow Sonic, he kinda absorvs them, like rings. Since the flower isn't restored, you can't use it, therefore, you are stuck there... forever! Also, in the same area, the camera glitched the fuck out, zooming out like crazy and then returning to Sonic.

So yeah, I believe since we are playing the beta version, it's normal that a few bugs still occur. I hope SEGA can fix that with the next patch ASAP.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention! The Cyan Wisp is broken. It deactivates for no reason in mid use.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edit:

Oops, forgot to mention! The Cyan Wisp is broken. It deactivates for no reason in mid use.

Yep, I can confirm this. Happens all the goddamn time!

Would anyone be able to take a few screengrabs of the files in the Sonic Lost World folder? I'm still trying to find a way of fixing this T-Pose problem and SEGA support has gone quiet so I guess I'm on my own with this for the time being.

I'm just trying to make sure I definitely have all the files I should before I tinker with them.

Which kind of files do you need? (I've got the CPK file unpacked).

Okay so what the fuck is going on now, my controller worked perfectly half an hour ago and now the damn thing doesn't know I'm using one. What the hell is going on?

Yeah, so... using the beta acess code (F--) makes the game run perfectly. But it also causes a few bugs, one which I just discovered is game breaking. Here are the ones I've encountered:

The first one, right at the beggining of Windy Hill Zone 1, you can't get the Red Ring at the top of the tree. Sonic pass right through it.

The second one, is in Desert Ruins Zone 2. You know those bees' homing attack chains? Yeah, they don't work. Sonic will hit the first bee in line, but he will not hit the other ones. You will eventually fail from your combo and get hit, in worst cases, fall into a pit.

Third one, Desert Ruins Zone 4, boss battle. Zomom jumps to cause the earthquake, but he doesn't quite... fall down. He floats still like an inch from the ground and stays like this forever. You will eventually have to touch him to get hurt, untill you die. It happened 2 out of 3 times I've played.

Now the game breaking one: Tropical Coast Zone 1. That section with the cannons that shoot almonds. You have to break 5 cages to set free the butterflies in order to restore a flower, so Sonic can use it as a cannon to advance to the next area. But here's the bug: even if you break all the cages, the flower isn't restored. The butterflies don't even follow Sonic, he kinda absorvs them, like rings. Since the flower isn't restored, you can't use it, therefore, you are stuck there... forever! Also, in the same area, the camera glitched the fuck out, zooming out like crazy and then returning to Sonic.

So yeah, I believe since we are playing the beta version, it's normal that a few bugs still occur. I hope SEGA can fix that with the next patch ASAP.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention! The Cyan Wisp is broken. It deactivates for no reason in mid use.

Huh, that's odd. I played with the --F code and I encountered none of those glitches... PC games are weird when they have specific glitches like this. Some people will get them, others won't. :l