Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

3 minutes ago, Burning Dreams said:

I'm assuming this is all for just the Tablet, right?

That's pretty impressive. Definitely enough to run most things well. I'm guessing the docking station will act as an extended memory supply too, since i doubt Nintendo would actually leave us with as little as 32GB for the entire console. 

This is really shaping up to be a very solid console. No fancy gimmicks, just a good, working console that has increased usability. 

Eh... let's not forget that 32GB was the highest size the Wii U ever went up to. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if something at this size, coming from the same company, stayed the same.

Though really, since they're going with cartridges it should be too bad. I mean, unless you like to download your games which I guess a lot of you like to do so... eh, better hope there's a USB port on there or something for them external drives...

The Nintendo Switch Dock ISN'T the main console unit...that'll be the tablet display itself apparently. As we know it comes with detachable 'Joy-Con'controllers that have it's own dock for traditional controller support.  The Dock's main purpose is for TV output and charging...so says a Nintendo rep to IGN (from NintendoEverything):

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-confirms-amiibo-support-for-switch-says-dock-is-for-tv-output-and-charging/

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, the docking station isn't particularly small. I'd like to think it does more than just transfer the game onto the TV and charge the tablet. The docking station and the controllers are what I'm more hyped up and interested in. 

I wonder what functions the docking station will have. 

Edit: Wait what? 

The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system.

Does that mean what I think it means? Now I'm really interested. 

Color me interested! I really like the concept of portability that was shown off. I'' personally hoping the battery life will be good when it's in portable mode.

Also, I really want to play that new Mario game that was shown off since it looks so good!

7 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-20-nintendo-switch-officially-revealed

So Bethesda is saying Skyrim isn't confirmed for Switch? Huh.

They're probably trying to figure out a way to say that the remaster isn't coming to the Switch but just the original game.

9 minutes ago, Burning Dreams said:

Well, the docking station isn't particularly small. I'd like to think it does more than just transfer the game onto the TV and charge the tablet. The docking station and the controllers are what I'm more hyped up and interested in. 

I wonder what functions the docking station will have. 

I guess a solid gaming tablet with cool controllers is what the Nintendo Switch is in the end. I guess I'm happy with that, a gaming tablet sounds awsome. 

Edit: Wait what? 

Does that mean what I think it means? Now I'm really interested. 

I'm lead to believe what you may think it means; while the tablet is docked for TV play it provides more power for games and offers more stable framerate, among other tidbits? Then perhaps. 

Also at the dev backing out confusion already out the gates 

I'm sure it's coming. They're just saying this since the PS4/XB1 versions are out in a few days and they don't want attention drawn away from those versions.

Just now, Cyrus said:

And here comes the pulling-out comments.

"Skyrim isn't confirmed. We will reveal specific games in the future."

I KNEW IT.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

I'm sure it's coming. They're just saying this since the PS4/XB1 versions are out in a few days and they don't want attention drawn away from those versions.

If that's the case, that's incredibly stupid. Having a port of your game announced on a console not released yet isn't going to impede the sales of the remastered version. Even then, why would it matter if they're getting money from either port.

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

"Skyrim isn't confirmed. We will reveal specific games in the future."

I KNEW IT.

Well I mean, the pulling out comments wouldn't exist if the developers weren't being so wishy-washy as to say "well, we showed you gameplay, *BUT* we don't want to confirm anything as of yet". After the Wii U's third party disaster, it's only fair people are being cautious around the Switch's staying power in terms of third parties now, and if Bethesda, one of the biggest developers right now decide to pull out before it even releases, it won't look good.

Meanwhile, I'll just be over here waiting for news on Mario Kart 9 and Splatoon 2.

They don't want the XB1/PS4 versions to be overshadowed by the superior portable Skyrim.

Though, to be fair, the video technically didn't announce any games.

Just now, Nix said:

They don't want the XB1/PS4 versions to be overshadowed by the superior portable Skyrim.

Though, to be fair, the video technically didn't announce any games.

Of course. Nothing has been directly confirmed yet. Perhaps when they show the lineup of games sometime soon, those games will be confirmed. Until then, despite the footage we saw, we still have no games practically confirmed. Perhaps you all knew that, though, but still.

Real talk I think it's coming. We know Bethesda is doing Switch stuff, and a port of a remaster is about the simplest thing they can do. Bethesda's statement is probably just weird game industry technicality bullshit.

I don't care though gimme that Mario.

(I'm the reason third parties don't sell on Nintendo. Put all your blame on me.)

• Thumbs Up 4

The bit about Skyrim confuses me, but hopefully this doesn't mean they're pulling support. There has to be a reason it was included at all, otherwise I don't see why Nintendo would've dedicated as much screentime to it as their core franchises. If it's due to the game going to other systems first, then I suppose I could buy that. Though I still find it odd for it to be included if Bethesda didn't want to confirm anything just yet.

Either they're simply not announcing a potential port right now for reasons, or it's just stock footage to denote their support. They say in the article that nothing is confirmed but that they will announce upcoming titles regardless in the future.

What's the point of saying it's not confirmed after an official Nintendo trailer shows it quite clearly is? Can't be cancelled that quickly. That's a record.

How would the docking station improve the performance capabilities to the tablet? Would it have an extra 2GB RAM, or a support graphics card or something? Is that even possible? 

The Nintendo Switch may be much more sophisticated and impressive than I initially thought. 

BTW, has anyone counted how many various styles the Switch controller has?