Awoo.

Rayman Adventures (iOS, Android)

Junko

But why they have to start making mobile games, too? I always loved the Rayman franchise, and I don't want it to end up as Sonic.

Alright, I may said that a bit too early, we will see it. Making one or two mobile games is not a fault... :)

Literally my only concern with this game is that the touch controls turn out fine. They've been done well before, so it could work for this if they're careful. 

Otherwise, I'm happy we're getting a new 2D Rayman at all since the other two apparently didn't do so hot. People say Legends would have done better if it had released when it was supposed to, but I'm not entirely sure about that myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, SonicBR. Most publishers make mobile games nowadays. Ubisoft and Rayman included. It's not becoming the main focus of theirs.

• Thumbs Up 2

But Ubisoft wasn't focused on making mobile games. There was Origins and Legends, two great games which were made recently...

And they aren't now.

What's your point here?

I know they are not, I just said I don't want them to go that way. (Making only mobile games like SEGA.)

I meant SEGA is going on a bad way, they don't care about PC and console players now.

I know they are not, I just said I don't want them to go that way. (Making only mobile games like SEGA.)

I meant SEGA is going on a bad way, they don't care about PC and console players now

SEGA's restructing includes mobile and PC :v

But why they have to start making mobile games, too? 

Because the mobile market is pretty much impossible to ignore at this point.

Let me put it this way: throughout this generation of game consoles, even the PS4, the most popular of the main three, has sold over 20 million consoles so far. The iPhone (mainly the 6 and 6 Plus), for example? 61 million in the previous March quarter alone, and that's on top of the 74 million they've sold during the holidays.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ive seen the art before realizing its a mobile game. I almost got excited. And now im sad. Lol.

It would be nice if it came out for Windows Phones at least so Windows 8/10 users could play it on the PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

How are the mobile Rayman games? I've been out of the Rayman loop lately (I STILL haven't finished Origins).

How are the mobile Rayman games? I've been out of the Rayman loop lately (I STILL haven't finished Origins).

Pretty fucking good considering.

For a mobile game it looks good. I dunno how it'll play though, since I felt like Jungle Run was the absolute best way to convert Origins to the mobile format. The new Rayman games are very difficult and reliant on precise controls

If it was between having this game and having no Rayman game at all, I'd gladly take this one. It should only cost a few dollars too, so I'm not complaining

Man, I can't believe that even Ubisoft are catering to the mobile market.  Since when has there ever been a desire in the video game industry to have video games that are both high quality and portable?!  Truly the end of gaming as we know it!

p8JyPowm.jpg

But seriously, getting sick of these mobile complaints, as though developing portable versions of games on what is essentially a miniature version of a computer (read: what games are developed on) is somehow a new, let alone bad, idea.  Heck, if anything, today's mobile market ensures better quality than ever.  Remember the good old days of buying the Game Boy version of a popular console game and not being surprised at the fact that it looks and plays absolutely nothing like its obviously more cutting edge counterparts?  Today's mobile market makes it possible to import a light-weight, less expensive version of popular games that you can take on the go, something that's generally been the dream of gamers since forever.  If you want to complain about things like the freemium model that is attached to many mobile games, feel free.  Very few games do it right, and there are plenty of inherent problems with the model.  If you want to complain about companies charging you full price for a half-completed product and then charging you extra for DLC that should have been on the disc to begin with, again, feel free.  If you want to complain about quality control quickly becoming a thing that comes after the release of the game, as opposed to before, then again, feel free.  But when you're complaining that mobile games simply exist, as though it's a new or even bad development, or imply that they're taking leverage away from dedicated consoles, which are quickly becoming obsolete anyway because of the advances of modern gaming rigs, then you're just being silly and purist and come across as someone enjoys games only for the most superficial of reasons.  And it's getting really old seeing these same complaints on every single game that's not on PC or a dedicated console.

Anyway, the art for this game looks really beautiful.  As others said, it looks a little underwhelming for a 20th anniversary game, but on its own, it looks pretty okay.  I'd rather them rehash something good than try something new and turn out bad.  Still waiting for that new 3D Rayman game that we'll probably never get, but whatever.  Might see if this works on my mom's tablet since I lack one of my own.  Really need to get one.

• Thumbs Up 7

Is Mobile Gaming really that comparable to our current handhelds? I don't think so. I mean, yes Mobile Gaming is clearly a good genre because there have been some really good creative time wasters to come out of that genre (I won't go into some of the ugly things it's brought with it mind you) but our current handhelds are at a point where games don't even need to be console downgrades anymore. Case in point, Rayman Origins was a full console port for the 3DS/Vita ports and Legends was a full port of the Wii U version.

But that isn't a topic for this thread. Just something I thought I'd mention. 

On another note, Jungle Run is a really fun game. Tried to 100% multiple times only for the game to erase my save file (which was annoying >.>)

I'm in a weird boat right now. I want to give it a chance, but I really can't stand touch screen controls on a dinky ass phone. Here's hoping it will release on the Amazon App store so I can't actually play it somewhat comfortably on my Fire HDX.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually played both Jungle and Fiesta Run because the games are absolutely fan-fucking-tastic, even with touch screen controls. Is the formula getting backlash because it's being recycled, or are we disappointed that we're getting another mobile game or what? Because all of the recent Rayman games regardless of what they've been on or whether or not the were based on touch screen controls have been really good. 

And has Rayman EVER celebrated an anniversary? Like, is this just the new standard for franchises to do nowadays because Mario and Sonic do it?​

• Thumbs Up 4

I feel like I'm the only one who actually played both Jungle and Fiesta Run because the games are absolutely fan-fucking-tastic, even with touch screen controls. Is the formula getting backlash because it's being recycled, or are we disappointed that we're getting another mobile game or what? Because all of the recent Rayman games regardless of what they've been on or whether or not the were based on touch screen controls have been really good. 

And has Rayman EVER celebrated an anniversary? Like, is this just the new standard for franchises to do nowadays because Mario and Sonic do it?​

Those are auto-runners, while from what I understand this is a normal platformer? that's why I commented on the controls.

Honestly, I think Rayman fits better in a two dimensional environment more so than a three dimensional one but I digress. I had a blast with Origins because it was fun and engaging, I didn't get the same feeling with The Great Escape which felt like a chore to play honestly (one of the problems I have with the game is the story, honestly where did Ly and Globox came from?).

I still haven't had the chance to play Hoodlum Havok yet but from the looks of it, looks a lot more fun than The Great Escape ever was.

If they ever do make another 3D Rayman game in the future, I hope it follows what made Origins such a great experience to play (inspiring art style, cartoony elements, etc...)

I want a new console 3D Rayman game like that opening CGI, not a game with rehashed levels mobile exclusive. Jesus look how cute it looks, damnyum Barbara.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I think Rayman fits better in a two dimensional environment more so than a three dimensional one but I digress. I had a blast with Origins because it was fun and engaging, I didn't get the same feeling with The Great Escape which felt like a chore to play honestly (one of the problems I have with the game is the story, honestly where did Ly and Globox came from?).

I still haven't had the chance to play Hoodlum Havok yet but from the looks of it, looks a lot more fun than The Great Escape ever was.

If they ever do make another 3D Rayman game in the future, I hope it follows what made Origins such a great experience to play (inspiring art style, cartoony elements, etc...)

They came from the original Rayman, at least pretty sure Globox was there, think Lyra was just a great fairy or something, never got far on my original PS1 copy of the original Rayman, that game was ridiculously hard

They came from the original Rayman, at least pretty sure Globox was there, think Lyra was just a great fairy or something, never got far on my original PS1 copy of the original Rayman, that game was ridiculously hard

I'm not against this since a lot of the Rayman mobile games (In particular, Jungle/Fiesta run) were pretty dang good. Controls will be a bit of a issue but seeing how Jungle/Fiesta Run handled it I'm sure it'll probably have a similar, simplistic scheme.

I can understand the disappointment of there being a lack of a game to celebrate Rayman's anniversary (And that there hasn't been a Rayman game in about 2 years) but Rayman's latest games are of pretty decent quality so I wouldn't be too worried of a mobile title.

Globox debuted in Rayman 2. Him and his species weren't in the first game.

Ly wasn't in the first game, either. That had Betilla.

Also, I'd much rather have a new 3D game. The two of them are the best in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Ubisoft necessarily has to celebrate Rayman's birthday, but I personally find it just a tad disappointing when they don't seem to hold the series to the same level of prestige as we do.  Or at least, they don't make a note of it if they do.  It's a direct contrast to Sonic who celebrates a little too much that he's been able to exist for longer than Bubsy Bobcat.

• Thumbs Up 5