Awoo.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force...?

Wraith

Its funny that you mention Republic Commandos, since a big part of that game was seeing the star wars universe from the soldier's angle instead of a jedi's angle. What if Federation Forces is how the Federation Troopers see the world? A Place where they find joy and excitement despite dangerous creatures that outmatch them majorly walking around

I'm still sore that there was never a Republic Commandos 2, or indeed an Imperial Commandos game. So much potential, unrealized.

If it were handled properly, there could be a pretty neat spin-off series in Federation Force, covering a potentially darker, not to mention wittier side to the Metroid universe. While traditional Metroid only follows Samus around, exploring isolated, lonely worlds, Federation Force could follow a top tier squad of soldiers around a few of the Federation's hot zones, perhaps teaming up with bounty hunters with an in-depth knowledge of whatever localities they find themselves in.

Do it, Nintendo. Do it now.

honesty if it was made just like republic commandos was I would buy it sadly that likely won't be the case but if it was then I would be extremely excited for it seeing as how its one of my top favorite first person shooter games of all time

Heh, here's Mega64, showing that over-reactions can just get ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SE37PplM5ps

Edit: Yes I know its satire

• 11 months later...

Who want's to see 10 mins of gameplay for federation force?

Also Amiibo support

Clb-uD4WgAEaKaX.png

That's a very random drop of footage when NoA ignored it all E3 (despite eventually showing off Color Splash).

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if I try getting over how annoyed I am by this game's existence, it looks really fucking boring by Metroid standards. It's so slow-paced and the mission gameplay doesn't entice me whatsoever. I also didn't care for Hunters and this game looks to be based off that most of all than any of the console Prime games. I'm just gonna stick with Prime Trilogy and hope Nintendo delivers on Prime 4 for the NX.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:14 AM, Sean said:

Even if I try getting over how annoyed I am by this game's existence, it looks really fucking boring by Metroid standards. It's so slow-paced and the mission gameplay doesn't entice me whatsoever. I also didn't care for Hunters and this game looks to be based off that most of all than any of the console Prime games. I'm just gonna stick with Prime Trilogy and hope Nintendo delivers on Prime 4 for the NX.

I doubt they will. Most of the talent that worked on the original Prime Trilogy has moved on to Armature and 343 Studios, and for the life of me I can't think of any other studio within Nintendo that would be actually able to do a Prime 4. You know, I was thinking the other day that idTech could make a fantastic Metroid Prime, but that wouldn't happen in a billion years.

6 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I doubt they will. Most of the talent that worked on the original Prime Trilogy has moved on to Armature and 343 Studios, and for the life of me I can't think of any other studio within Nintendo that would be actually able to do a Prime 4. You know, I was thinking the other day that idTech could make a fantastic Metroid Prime, but that wouldn't happen in a billion years.

I would disagree with ID Tech handling a Metroid game. But I wouldn't actually mind seeing 343 tackle one. As you mentioned, some of the Prime Trilogy team moved to 343 and was made aware of this gearing up to Halo 4's release. But I honestly think they could pull it off better than any other team at the moment. 

Especially if it was more akin to Halo 4. But not exactly, if you know what I mean. Like the environments in Halo 4 were beautiful and the areas were wide, giving room to really explore. As well as a heavy focus on story compared to games of the past. Pretty much do that for Metroid but make it more Metroid-y :D 

Eh, Halo 4 was nice for the drama between Master Chief and Cortana, and not much else. Then 343 went on to completely undermine that in Halo 5. I don't know, 343 strikes me as completely unfocused.

• 4 weeks later...

Mission Briefing Trailer

I'm still fairly interested in giving this game a chance. Honestly, I think it looks like it will be a fun time.

The trailer showcase some co-op play, as well as Tanabe explaining more on how the game came to be. They also recomfirm that you can play through the game solo; however, the difficulty doesn't alter according to the number of players unless you use the Lone Wolf mod.

Also, check your eshop! Because a free demo of Metroid Prime: Blast Ball in up with online support. I'm going to give this a shot as soon as I get home from the Institute today.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, It's still way too slow paced, seemingly too easy and basic for my liking. Even the space pirates seem more like bullet sponge fodder as if it doesn't even account for 4 players shooting at them and does a whole lot of standing and slowly turning around. Hopefully this is just for demo showcase/1st level purposes.

The mission briefing video states that enemy strength doesn't scale according to the number of players present, so they consider single-player to be quite challenging.  Bad news for me if I decide to get the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2016 at 8:33 PM, FFWF said:

The mission briefing video states that enemy strength doesn't scale according to the number of players present, so they consider single-player to be quite challenging.  Bad news for me if I decide to get the game.

Turns out they've thought harder about this than the impression they gave suggested; apparently there are specific mods and attack drones that can support solo players.

Didn't realise this came out so soon! :o Will need to get it! I know it's to compliment the cartoon-like visual style. But I feel Metroid Prime: Hunters is visually better looking, no?