Awoo.

The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Part2 : True Colors

The Tenth Doctor

‘True Blue’ was the collection of music of world famous blue hedgehog, Sonic. And ‘True Colors’ will be the compilation CD featuring theme songs for characters of the world of Sonic the Hedgehog.

This is what Jun Senoue said about the Cd, but what will be on it? what will the bonus tracks be? Is this where Crush 40 may hide an Endless possiblities remix? I think so.

so lets discuss what else will be on it. it says its about his friends, so large bets on stuff like I am all of me, unknown from M.E., dreams of an absolution and Team Chaotix. Bonus tracks? I think it'll be endless possiblities by Crush 40 and something by Bentley Jones (maybe a remix from Black Knight?). what do you guys think?

I want a Team Chaotix remix. and maybe add on some DOAA remixes and This Machine and I will be fine. And source plz?

Edited by JTW

I want a Team Chaotix remix. and maybe add on some DOAA remixes and This Machine and I will be fine. And source plz?

Heck I agree with you. I'd love to hear a Team Chaotix remix. the source?

Jun's statement

Its on the Stadiums main news as well.

I want some Black Knight remixes. Badly. The gameplay and concept might have been spotty (at best), but the music was second only to SA2, imo. We got some neat material in Face to Faith, so I just hope they didn't put all their extra material in that.

Not that Unleashed's music was bad either, by any stretch of the imagination.

Interesting. I put together a playlist of every character theme, and it far exceeds the space of one disc, so it'll be interesting to hear what choices he makes.

For bonus tracks, a Crush 40 Endless Possibilities would be pretty cool (or even a better, a Lee Brotherton one - Crush 40 are great but Lee is a lot more flexible in style, and I think Crush might put a bit of a downer on such an uplifting song unless they do it Heroes-happy), since the theme is "characters", it'd be cool to include "Metal Sonic" from Howard Drossin's Virtual Sonic album from way back... it's quite a fitting song for the character and has vocals and all.

Hoping it'll be the ZG version if they include Catch Me If You Can, not that it matters of course since it's not the existing songs us fans will be waiting for, lol.

Worth A Chance would be a nice sombre inclusion too actually. It is pretty much a shared theme song for Shahra and Erazor Djinn.

I also am fine with some more Un-gravitify remixes. The only remix is the one that shows up on the menu on SRZG. That one is EPIC.

Unless vocals are a requirement, I'd love Gamma's theme to be on the collection. Here are my other theme choices:

Tails: "Believe in Myself" (SA1 Version)

Knuckles: "Unknown From M.E." (SA2 Version)

Amy: I'd like to hear a remake of "You're My Hero" from the ending of the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast. I think it's a good song for her.

Dr. Eggman: Either version of "E.G.G.M.A.N." will do.

Shadow: I'd either put "Throw It All Away" or "I Am...All of Me" on it.

Silver: I'd go with either the original "Dreams of an Absolution" or the LB vs. JS remix.

Metal Sonic: As JezMM has already said, Howard Drossin's "Metal Sonic" would be a good theme for old Metalhead.

I don't know if they'd do team themes or not.

Heck I agree with you. I'd love to hear a Team Chaotix remix. the source?

Jun's statement

Its on the Stadiums main news as well.

While I am fine with that, I really want them to work on their next studio album. The album without any ties to Sonic. But this will be a really good addition to my CD collection once I get some money for imports.

I want more instrumental, non-vocal themes.

Come on, the Angel Island remix was probably the best thing Senoue put out in years, we need more. My love for him will be rekindled if he puts out a remix of Wacky Workbench Past from Sonic CD. Go go, Takoyaki Man!

Edited by Jake

Unleashed was kinda lacking in the Vocal song department IMO, I dunno about you guys, but if they could pull it off, I'd love to see Endless Possibility remixed by Crush 40, or even Bently Jones/ Lee Brotherton. *Imagine's Touching-Slow version of EP*

I could imagine LB doing the ending song (whatever it was) if the lyrics were rewritten to be less cheese.

I don't give a toss about Crush 40 though, don't care to see them show up again really.

Edited by Jake

I could imagine LB doing the ending song (whatever it was) if the lyrics were rewritten to be less cheese.

I don't give a toss about Crush 40 though, don't care to see them show up again really.

LB Singing "Dear My Friend"? I didn't think of that...It could work.

Hoping it'll be the ZG version if they include Catch Me If You Can

Gods yes, that would be a nice song to hear. If not Crush 40, then I'd love to hear what kind of spin BJ could put on it.

I'd love to see what else they could do with the tracks from Black Knight, but as Adventurer said, hopefully they won't just call it quits with Face To Faith.

If they could do something with the older tracks, that would be awesome. Brand New World from Sonic CD would be incredible to hear remixed, or an extended remix of Sonic Boom (there was a snippet remix in Sonic Gems Collection, but it really needed to be longer :( ).

Speaking of Virtual Sonic's "Metal Sonic", does anybody know the lyrics to that song? And if anybody do, could you please post them? Iv'e been trying to make out the lyrics in that song time and time again for six years now, and it's just fecking IMPOSSIBLE!

Speaking of Virtual Sonic's "Metal Sonic", does anybody know the lyrics to that song? And if anybody do, could you please post them? Iv'e been trying to make out the lyrics in that song time and time again for six years now, and it's just fecking IMPOSSIBLE!

He's...

going his own way...

Just...

like a black-eyed stingray...

He's born and raised with a body which screams come on!

Like a bitter homely kind of people that

just too much for the heart of the future...

He's out to get you gonna make you shout..

He wanna touch he wanna scan you out...

You can run all you want but no you're gonna pay...

He's put together the wrong way...

The wrong way...

He's put together the wrong way...

The wrong way...

From Sonic Retro. I think they're really cool, almost-surreal lyrics. I love the final lines especially.

Edited by JezMM

I don't see why everyone is expecting a Crush 40 version of "Endless Possibilities". It's a song about SONIC, not chip or any other supporting characters. That's, y'know, the point of this CD. C40 might have a cover of the song on one of the other two albums, but certainly not on this one (imo).

As for remixes, I want Julien-K to expand upon "Throw It All Away", and Crush 40 to do "This Machine". C'mon, it would totally work. In fact, also throw in All Ends or Paramore doing "Believe In Myself". That'd make the CD worth it.

From Sonic Retro. I think they're really cool, almost-surreal lyrics. I love the final lines especially.

Oh God, THANK YOU JezMM, THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how much of a relief for me it is to FINALLY get to know what those lyrics are. Considering Metal Sonic is my favorite character, and this is his only vocalized theme song ever, ive just been dying to find out what they are.

Those lyrics are really cool btw, and they make me appreciate the song so much more than i did before i knew them, since they really make it clear that this is a song ABOUT Metal Sonic as a character. Considering the song is probably (sadly) the least well known of all official vocalized Sonic songs, i almost think it would be appropriate to start a topic about that particular song alone, with the lyrics at display. You know, just to raise awareness of it among the fanbase. I think there are a great deal of Metal Sonic fans out there who dont even know that the character have an offial vocalized theme song.

Oh, and speaking of obscure character themes, i personally love this old song about Amy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-B951LjTXU

Edited by batson

I don't see why everyone is expecting a Crush 40 version of "Endless Possibilities". It's a song about SONIC, not chip or any other supporting characters. That's, y'know, the point of this CD. C40 might have a cover of the song on one of the other two albums, but certainly not on this one (imo).

I've always considered "Endless Possibility" to be "Sonic's theme" for the game, rather than a main theme. "The World Adventure" is what I'd call the main theme, with "Dear My Friend" as Chip's Theme, and "Werehog Battle Theme" as the Werehog's theme. And of course, Eggman and Dark Gaia have their own themes which appear in multiple cut-scenes.

In addition to this... there's not gonna be another best of album for a while probably. It wouldn't be that crazy for them to include Endless Possibility just for funsies.

Oh God, THANK YOU JezMM, THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how much of a relief for me it is to FINALLY get to know what those lyrics are. Considering Metal Sonic is my favorite character, and this is his only vocalized theme song ever, ive just been dying to find out what they are.

Those lyrics are really cool btw, and they make me appreciate the song so much more than i did before i knew them, since they really make it clear that this is a song ABOUT Metal Sonic as a character. Considering the song is probably (sadly) the least well known of all official vocalized Sonic songs, i almost think it would be appropriate to start a topic about that particular song alone, with the lyrics at display. You know, just to raise awareness of it among the fanbase. I think there are a great deal of Metal Sonic fans out there who dont even know that the character have an offial vocalized theme song.

You're welcome! I agree it's an awesome song, and even though it's only sort of "half" official music, I consider it to be Metal Sonic's theme myself too.

You're welcome! I agree it's an awesome song, and even though it's only sort of "half" official music, I consider it to be Metal Sonic's theme myself too.

Well, strictly speaking, the song is just as official as the all the Sonic games, cartoons and comics, since it comes from an album licensed by Sega. But yeah, i think i know what you mean, that it might not be considered a true part of the "present day" Sega of Japan version of Sonic, but something that belongs a bit more to the old western version (since its from an American made album).

Oh by the way, i just realized that there is no link to the song in this thread. So for those of you who havent heard the song yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjllJDMCzU

Edited by batson

I like what we're comin up with! Also I'd quite agree with a BJ version of "Dear, My Friend". Oh! Imagine a version of "Worth a Chance". That would sooo work.

• 3 months later...

I don't recognise that artwork actually. Wonder if they made one specifically for this, or it's unused from Unleashed or 2006 (can't quite decide which one it looks more like).

Unless someone can enlighten me on what it's from.

Crappy cover art is crappy.

Seriously, that is one of the most boring covers I've ever seen. The Best of Crush 40 cd might not have much going on in it's cover, but at least it looks professional. This just looks like it was fan made in photo shop. I also like how even though the cd is supposedly filled exclusively with songs for characters OTHER than Sonic, that he is the only character on the cover. Fail...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1