Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

I'm gonna have to agree that 3DS Sonic games have lackluster graphics, the models look more like DS models to me, if Nintendo can make 3D Land look pretty why can't Sega?

You're right.  Both Boom games seemed to have serious problems making the characters' mouths look right half the time.

I like to believe he stole some of the nuts Amy tends to store in her mouth.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

I mean, yeah, Nintendo systems are always more than a little bit behind the times, but I was saying even for Nintendo standards, the in-game models for Shattered Crystal are particularly dated-looking.

I mean, yeah, Nintendo systems are always more than a little bit behind the times, but I was saying even for Nintendo standards, the in-game models for Shattered Crystal are particularly dated-looking.

A lot of 3rd party games do. It's the same case scenario as on the Wii where you could have gorgeous first party titles like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and you get games that look like dog turds like the Wii/PS2 versions of Splinter Cell: Double Agent. It's because 1st party devs (and to a lesser extent, experienced teams like Sonic Team) really know what can and can't be done with the hardware available, where 3rd party ones can really struggle to get something that remotely resembles passable.

Goddamnit, if that rumour from Hogfather is true, the comedy of errors will run ever deeper.

Im sorry what happened?

Im sorry what happened?

It's possible that the reason the game was delayed because there was no one available to work on it as they've been moved onto another project for the time being. He's still getting full verification for the rumour though. 

It's possible that the reason the game was delayed because there was no one available to work on it as they've been moved onto another project for the time being. He's still getting full verification for the rumour though. 

That would be incredibly sad and tragic if that was true.

I've honestly gotten to the point where Sega's decisions dont surprise me and I dont care. So I'll just be here waiting for the game to release so I can play it.

Wait! Did Sega edit the first trailer of the game before TGS 2015 so that it's called "Sonic Toon: Fire & Ice TGS 2015 Trailer", saying 'the game is delayed to 2016'? But Japanese Sonic fans already knew that the game was delayed to early 2016, right?

Wait! Did Sega edit the first trailer of the game before TGS 2015 so that it's called "Sonic Toon: Fire & Ice TGS 2015 Trailer", saying 'the game is delayed to 2016'? But Japanese Sonic fans already knew that the game was delayed to early 2016, right?

Not only is Sonic not very popular in Japan despite being his country of origin, but the developers in question aren't based in Japan, so news will probably travel slower there than here.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you just hate it when developers stop developing a game?

I was referring to one of the rumors XD

While I questioned the choice to make a sequel in the first place, the game does look fun and from the interviews and statement's I've seen from the developers, it seems like it's headed in the right direction. The at least made the sequel to the right game (I thought the demo for Shattered Crystal was fun). The delay is a really good sign tbh unless it is true that the developers have moved on to another project as said above, which would be sad.

Really hoping that this does well, but I have no expectations pretty much. This game has potential.

wasnt mc donalds supposed to have sonic boom meals?

I don't think so.

Edited by DarkLight

How many...

e8EFok4.jpg

times can.....

cuuQ58C.jpg

you use....

MuQhCLJ.jpg

the same boxart?

gp2zAMN.jpg

Here's a look at the figure. Sorry, it's a bit fuzzy.

g6Vzxs4.jpg

Here's a sharper look at the side. The quills are really short.

Ln3OkeF.jpg

Edited by Jason the Jackass
Fixing images
  • Thumbs Up 8

I know that toys you get out of kid's meals are usually not that great, but like...

Wow, do you think they could make it any cheaper?  Like, these are about on par with the kinds of prizes you get out of those mystery capsule machines.  Probably won't be rushing to get these anytime soon, so my adulthood is saved. XD

• Thumbs Up 4

What kind of meal did you get? 

Hamburger kids combo and added a large drink for $1. It's a small lunch but I need to diet anyway. XP

Their Western Bacon Cheeseburgers are awesome.

I know that toys you get out of kid's meals are usually not that great, but like...

Wow, do you think they could make it any cheaper?  Like, these are about on par with the kinds of prizes you get out of those mystery capsule machines.  Probably won't be rushing to get these anytime soon, so my adulthood is saved. XD

The Del Taco ones were literally just cardboard.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow, that toy looks like shit. It's just a blue blob shaped like Boom!Sonic. Even McDonalds toys look better than this!

I don't think anyone is going to remember this once the game is finally released.

Edited by Gabz Girl