Awoo.

ProJared reviews Sonic Adventure 2

Rad Dudesman

0.jpg

VF8JmcD.png

So... what was Eggman planning on using this gun for before deciding to pop a cap in Amy's cabeza? Hunting elephants, or something? I mean, really, even when I was a kid, I couldn't take this novelty gun all that seriously.

The only problem I had with the gun was: that shit is big, how the hell did he fit that in his pocket? That's not even really a problem, it's more a funny observation. I never found it too dark or anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nep

I've already said I have no problem with the situation

I've already said I'd be fine with it were it a sillier gun

Why are you saying I'm against him taking an hostage

Why is this topic being proposed to be closed just because someone felt, even at the time, "this looks SLIGHTLY off", only difference being at the time I thought that the way it was off was awesome, now I don't?

Why is this topic being proposed to be closed

Because everyone didn't shut up.

Yes well excuse me then. I'll take note to not try to have genuine discussion in this board then, and only be around for the occasional exaggerated lashing at how shite Archie is- oddly enough, that never garnered such scorn as the one time I try to actively engage and explain thoughts with people- and oddly enough, people seem to actually register what I write on those occasions, even if only to disagree vehemently with it

I'd propose another topic, but I'm kind of afraid to.

we dont have an SA2 thread? if so it could be reasonable too.

(Knuckles is an all-around useless contribution unfortunately)

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way. Seriously, people like to cite this as one of his best outings and I just see it as one of the first that showcased his later flanderisation instead.

• Thumbs Up 2

we dont have an SA2 thread? if so it could be reasonable too.

There;s no such thing as reasonable when it comes to this game in case you couldn't tell from the last couple of pages.

Well, if we're looking for a new topic, I guess we can have a discussion over why, in Green Forest, Sonic jumped over from the halfway point (in cutscene) to the beginning of the stage.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way. Seriously, people like to cite this as one of his best outings and I just see it as one of the first that showcased his later flanderisation instead.

Well...he kind of had his own plot going, before being absorbed into the heroes` plight. So...huh?

Ohgodpleasehelpme

Guys, there doesn't need to be another topic nor a topic lock (yet). The argument is heated and excessively silly, but it's not particularly out of bounds in terms of being off-topic.

There also don't need to be people actually shitting up the thread more than any participants by making post after post after post about how the topic needs to be purged. If anything, I would be more willing to lock it on those grounds than any discussions about whether or not a certain facet of a game that is actually the subject of the thread is too dark or not. So yeah, trying to take the high road and bumping your gums about just how shitty you think the thread is- both here and in the status updates- is doing no one no favors.

So everyone should calm down. We can talk about the tonal implications of small facets in the game and other subjects, but we don't have to misconstrue people (I do want to apologize to KKM for arguing on a few assumptions I thought he was making without having read that he clarified; that's my bad) nor shit up the topic with meta-discussion about its usefulness.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah every other playable character contributed to the plot in some meaningful way and all Knuckles did was hunt down mah emmerrowds, and even his Master Emerald was useless in stopping the Biolizard. I think he was just put in SA2 because it would have been weird to leave him out entirely. Shit, Rouge doesn't even spend more than two of her levels hunting down emerald shards.

It's honestly always confused me- what we know of the development indicates Knuckles was a part of SA2 from the start, yet he's so poorly integrated into the game.

I think what people remember is that even if he's useless, he's got cool moments.

In hindsight, Knuckles didn't really contribute a whole lot to the game as a whole, but yea he had a few standout moments which is probably what people remember the most. Its kind of the last game where he had any moments like that honestly.

Regarding Knuckles, I find it almost a little strange that his story is so lacking and tacked onto the rest of the narrative considering, if I recall, the original plan was to have just Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman as playable characters with Tails, Shadow and Rouge as NPCs, then they came up with the duelling gameplay thing due to fan complaints of Tails not being playable.

Not sure if that's just a made-up rumour based off the announcement trailer only showing those three characters though.

His cool moments are a bit superficial though, his whole journey only starts because Eggman decided to take the Master Emerald for no indicated purpose, and he smashes to gather all of the pieces. 

I don't think much would change if he wasn't in the game at all :/

His cool moments are a bit superficial though, his whole journey only starts because Eggman decided to take the Master Emerald for no indicated purpose, and he smashes to gather all of the pieces. 

I don't think much would change if he wasn't in the game at all :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Regarding Knuckles, I find it almost a little strange that his story is so lacking and tacked onto the rest of the narrative considering, if I recall, the original plan was to have just Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman as playable characters with Tails, Shadow and Rouge as NPCs, then they came up with the duelling gameplay thing due to fan complaints of Tails not being playable.

Not sure if that's just a made-up rumour based off the announcement trailer only showing those three characters though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I think Knuckles was only put into the game because Rouge didn't have a rival to fight against; Sonic had Shadow and Tails had Eggman, but Rouge would have had even less to do if Knuckles wasn't there.

Speaking of, other than giving Shadow his epiphany, Amy didn't really contribute much of anything herself. Really, she could be written out of the plot without it affecting anything major.

Its not much, but yea she did. Knuckles is kinda superfluous to the overall plot honestly. I was just so used to seeing him around, it actually never registered how useless he was lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Thumbs Up 1