Awoo.

Star Wars Battlefront - Developed By DICE (2015; PS4, XB1, PC)

Willsy

I never played a Battlefront game in full. Would this be a good start?

Sure, but I'd recommend waiting a while for a Game of the Year Ultimate Deluxe Edition or whatever as there isn't a whole lot of content at the moment to justify a $60 price tag, IMO. It's generally FUN content though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I'll wait for either that or a price drop.

In the meantime? There's the older games to look out for, I suppose. I do love me some old games. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone really surprised at this point? No? No I didn't think so. We're talking about EA here, the company that values quantity over quality. 

I suppose you can't spell dead without EA

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone really surprised at this point? No? No I didn't think so. We're talking about EA here, the company that values quantity over quality. 

The sad thing is that compared to previous Battlefront games, even in quantity this game is lacking severely.

I didn't mean quantity of what's in the game, i mean quantity of pumping out sequel after sequel and having plans of sequels to those sequels.

I wonder how long it'll be till we start entries like these...

Star_Wars_Battlefront_-_Renegade_Squadro

Battlefront_Elite_Squadron_cover.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I got Battlefront for Christmas, and...as a Star Wars fan, it's a disappointment and another example of how much shit EA thinks they can pull. This had potential. This could have been something great. This could have been a COD killer. The graphics are amazing, the gunplay/hero gameplay can be fun, the world feels exactly from a Star Wars movie!...But there's only four maps, gunplay most of the time feels completely unbalanced, hero selection is complete bullshit, the voice acting is absolutely awful, the season pass is overpriced as fuck considering how little content is in the main game, the single player elements are just tutorials, and a survival mode, and most of the game modes for online aren't very fun at all. Fail EA. Just...fail.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't call this game a fail, but it definitely needs work.  They nailed the Star Wars feel in the gameplay, graphics, and sound design, but there's a depressing lack of content and many of the game modes aren't worth playing in my opinion.

Walker Assault is the best game mode by far.  There's just so many things that can happen at any given time, and stealing a victory from the Empire at the last second with a desperate Airspeeder run is fucking beautiful (and kind of unfair really, but Airspeeders are about as durable as a sheet of paper).  Fighter Squadron is pretty fun; I enjoy how the game handles when flying... but I'm always reminded of how close it is to old Battlefront space battles... it's right fucking there, we just need to be able to board larger ships and destroy them from the inside and it'd be golden... oh and it needs to be in space.

The heroes are generally pretty shitty.  Luke, Vader, and Sheev are pathetic.  Han and Leia are ok, and Fett's fucking op as hell jesus christ homing rockets and a super jetpack how is that fair...   In DICE's defense though, I never liked using the hero characters.  They've always been shit, and I don't think there's any decent way to make them not feel stupid.

I like the game.  I wish EA and DICE would talk more about patch notes and the balancing issues, but man, it game feels perfectly Star Wars in just about every way.  I'd recommend the game to any Star Wars fan if they can find the right price (I caved for $40 after Episode VII, kill me).  I'm curious to what the Season Pass is going to offer; I'd pay for it if I get my money's worth out of it...

just don't be Batman

please don't be like Batman

• Thumbs Up 1

just don't be Batman

please don't be like Batman

"And for our first DLC pack, we're happy to announce"

"BOBA FETT: A MATTER OF FAMILY"

"PLAY AS THE BOUNTY HUNTER BOBA FETT AS HE GOES THROUGH DARTH VADER'S EVIL CARNIVAL IN ORDER TO FIND HIS FATHER'S HELMET"

"AND WE HAVE THE EXCLUSIVE BOBA FETT 1980s COSTUME!"

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 3

"AND FOR OUR FIRST DLC PACK"

"PLAY AS THE BOUNTY HUNTER BOBA FETT AS HE GOES THROUGH DARTH VADER'S EVIL CARNIVAL IN ORDER TO FIND HIS FATHER'S HELMET"

* And Replaces all music with the Star Wars Disco Mix, and Disco Mixes of other iconic star Wars Theme*

• Thumbs Up 2

"And for our first DLC pack, we're happy to announce"

Funnily enough, I would take that! Because at least it would be fun singleplayer content

• Thumbs Up 1

So I finally tried Hero Hunt today, and on my second game, I got a really good match. Not only did I managed to kill the hero three times in the same match, I got to play as all three of the villains, and won the game with 33 kills to 12 deaths. I went on a major killstreak with Vader, pushing my score from 4 kills to 22 kills (The Emperor is a pretty awful character), and then I managed to kill Darth Vader and become Boba, getting another 11 kills. It's probably been one of my favourite moments on Battlefront so far to be honest.

My favorite moment so far was a few minutes ago where I blew up some Rebel scum with a thermal detonator and one of them did the Wilhelm Scream upon dying.

Like, it isn't a big deal or anything, but it gave me a huge ass smile.

24 minutes ago, Tom DeLonge said:

This is one of my best recent moments.

I've recorded way too many clips so I'll have more to come..

Gee, I guess Han was right! Ancient magic is no use against a good blaster!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so fucking disappointed with DICE with the weapons, because words really don't describe how unbalanced they are. It's totally fair if I'm pumping 30 shots into someone, but they kill me in 1-2 shots thanks to the EE-11 or the DL-44. It's fucking infuriating, especially since I'm trying to plat the game, and almost every trophy is dependent on luck based bullshit. For example, there's a trophy to get the most kills in a game of Blast. There's also kill 10 non-AI enemies in Fighter Squadron, and more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuuuuuuuuk yaaaaaaaaaa

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm so fucking disappointed with DICE with the weapons, because words really don't describe how unbalanced they are. It's totally fair if I'm pumping 30 shots into someone, but they kill me in 1-2 shots thanks to the EE-11 or the DL-44. It's fucking infuriating, especially since I'm trying to plat the game, and almost every trophy is dependent on luck based bullshit. For example, there's a trophy to get the most kills in a game of Blast. There's also kill 10 non-AI enemies in Fighter Squadron, and more. 

The Dl-44 is horrible in this game. Back in the Battlefront 2, the only time the DL-44 was actually useful was when Han Solo had it. He was argueably the most powerful character in the game because his DL-44 would just destroy enemies. That was the good thing about Han back in BF2, you knew he had an exclusive and strong blaster. Now that 1/3 of the new Battlefront uses what's basically the same blaster Han had in BF2, the balance is completely nonexistent. 

What's the EE-11? The E-11, you mean? That's not very powerful. It's still my favorite weapon in all of Star Wars.

2 hours ago, McGroose said:

The Dl-44 is horrible in this game. Back in the Battlefront 2, the only time the DL-44 was actually useful was when Han Solo had it. He was argueably the most powerful character in the game because his DL-44 would just destroy enemies. That was the good thing about Han back in BF2, you knew he had an exclusive and strong blaster. Now that 1/3 of the new Battlefront uses what's basically the same blaster Han had in BF2, the balance is completely nonexistent. 

What's the EE-11? The E-11, you mean? That's not very powerful. It's still my favorite weapon in all of Star Wars.

I meant the E-11 yes. And on top of that, I don't see how the DL-44 is horrible in this game when the majority of gunfights I end up in is ended with me being killed in one-two shots with that OP weapon. 

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I meant the E-11 yes. And on top of that, I don't see how the DL-44 is horrible in this game when the majority of gunfights I end up in is ended with me being killed in one-two shots with that OP weapon. 

Horrible as in terribly balanced. It should have been reserved for only Han Solo. At the very least, it should be something you unlock very late in the game, not an excuse to pay an extra 10 dollars just to have the edge over those who didn't spend the extra couple bucks to get it early.