Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

Other 2 things in the trailer:

*Juri is back as a Street Fighter villain. Hopefully this time around Bison will show up instead of Seth.

*Sigma (Megaman-X) is also a new villain, and i say fucking finally: in the first game, when Vile was revived, there was a whole plot point vacating around the question "well, if the Feydooms can do that to Vile, why not doing with Sigma, wich has even more negative emotions?".

Am I the only one that finds it kinda weird that Felicia, Valkryie, and Ulala are in the thumbnail but not the trailer itself.

Other 2 things in the trailer:

*Juri is back as a Street Fighter villain. Hopefully this time around Bison will show up instead of Seth.

*Sigma (Megaman-X) is also a new villain, and i say fucking finally: in the first game, when Vile was revived, there was a whole plot point vacating around the question "well, if the Feydooms can do that to Vile, why not doing with Sigma, wich has even more negative emotions?".

Probably because bringing back sigma would've been the most obvious thing. Vile was more unexpected since he's hardly ever around and has shown plenty of hate for just X.

Am I the only one that finds it kinda weird that Felicia, Valkryie, and Ulala are in the thumbnail but not the trailer itself.

Yeah their wasn't even any assist shown.

We have screenshots for that: http://www.gamershell.com/ds/project_x_zone_2/screenshots.html?page=2

They also tell a couple more things:

*Ulala still summons Opa Opa, but now she summons Alex Kidd and the protagonist of Altered Beast instead of Space Harrier and the Alien Storm robot.

*Space Channel 5 has a proper stage now.

*The Morolians are back as enemies.

*Valkyrie assist has changes and now she summons creatures from her game (i don't have a lot of knowledge about that, so i dunno who are those).

*The stage where Valkyrie assist is shown is taken probably from her games; also Robordians are back as enemies.

*The stage where Felicia assist is shown was also in Namco X Capcom, but i can't remember if it was from Ghosts 'n Goblins, Darkstalkers or something else entirely.

*The stage where Felicia assist is shown was also in Namco X Capcom, but i can't remember if it was from Ghosts 'n Goblins, Darkstalkers or something else entirely.

It's Morrigan's stage. You can see Aiensland castle in the background.

Yeah that's the Deserted Chateau in Scotland + Demon Realm. This all but confirms Morrigan is in. 

Felicia is using a special from Pocket Fighter with the Showgirls.

Also REALLY glad to see more Sega cameo's with Altered Beast and surprisingly Alex Kidd. That's problemly the only way Sonic, Pac Man and other cartoony looking characters are gonna show up in these games.

E3 Demo footage:

What we got from this:

*There's now a full "Player Turn" & "Enemy Turn". No more number turn anymore.

*Enemy Turns now have one of the enemy themes from Namco x Capcom.

*Still no enemy attack animations, but boss special attacks return, as shown by Juri.

*Doing all different attacks in one turn doesn't automatically give a "+1 Attack".

*Attacks overall seem to inflict more damage, so that kinda compensate the huge health bars. Special attacks also have better animations.

*Characters also seem to have their own SP Bar along with the XP Gauge.

*Yuzo Koshiro is the main composer of this game.

*The remixes now sound better. So far we know that in the game we will have:

-Ryu/Ken: once again Volcanic Rim and Ryu's Theme, but this time around is the SF4 version of it.
-Yuri/Flynn: Furnace of War.
-Akira/Kage-Maru: Ride the Tiger again.
-Kiryu/Majima: Kiryu's Dead Souls theme and Funk Goes On.
-Jin/Kazuya: once again Jin's Tekken 3 theme.
-X/Zero: Megman-X 3 Opening Stage theme.

Edit: an interesting thing: when defeating Juri, Yuri mentions to call all their companions, and with Flynn names Repede, Rita, Judith, Raven and (jokingly) Patty Fleur. The only two original Vesperia party members not mentioned are Estelle and Karol. Uhm...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh no, don't put in more Vesperia characters, choose a different Tales game please like Xillia or Symphonia.

Oh no, don't put in more Vesperia characters, choose a different Tales game please like Xillia or Symphonia.

There's probably not going to be any more Vesperia characters in the game. Those are probably just mentioned as a reference.

Keep in mind, guys, that this is just a gameplay demo, and does not represent the final game in terms of characters that appear in the chapter, dialogue, etc.

They're just cameos that appear as part of Ulala's attack.

Oh aye, it was the same with Space Harrier and Opa in the original. Still nice to see 'em.

It's hilarious that Alex Kidd actually beat Sonic to the punch for this game, cameo or not.

As it should be: technically, both Opa Opa and Alex Kidd were supposed to be the original SEGA main mascots before Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has Blaze been seen yet? Like, from Streets of Rage? I was wondering if she'd be an assist or even just a cutscene character.

I don't think she will be since Alex is a solo unit. she could be paired with Adam or Skate, but I don't see it.

Japanese release date stated for 12 November 2015.

Limited editions will include in order to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Namco X Capcom a special 3DS theme, a prequel scenario centered around Xiaomu that rewards an item, all the remixed tracks of the first game and a bonus assist, wich is Xiaomu cosplaying The Adventures of Valkyrie.

No news about the western release date, nor if these bonuses will be the same for it, will be integrated or will not be present altogether, but there's an upcoming Anime Expo from 2 to 5 July where Bamco may say something. In any case, it cannot be that far from the japanese date.

Stay tuned, i guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Say what if Sonic is added as a bonus character for the western release? (I'm only half joking :P)

I wish those scans were a bit larger: in one screen i can see Dokumezu (wich means Saya and her Ouma forces are coming back), but in the screen with Strider and Hotsuma, i can't recognize the enemy they're facing.

So, Reiji and Xiaomu are the protagonist once again plus a new Shinra agent? I wonder if Kogoro and Mii will be left out then (we know that the Oros Phlox organization may not come back, especially since the voice actor of Drei has passed away recently).

Also, if the title card of the first scan will be used for the cover, it looks nice: i especially lol at Phoenix taking so much space.

I wish those scans were a bit larger: in one screen i can see Dokumezu (wich means Saya and her Ouma forces are coming back), but in the screen with Strider and Hotsuma, i can't recognize the enemy they're facing.

So, Reiji and Xiaomu are the protagonist once again plus a new Shinra agent? I wonder if Kogoro and Mii will be left out then (we know that the Oros Phlox organization may not come back, especially since the voice actor of Drei has passed away recently).

Also, if the title card of the first scan will be used for the cover, it looks nice: i especially lol at Phoenix taking so much space.

You can click on each one to enlarge them if you need to.

I know, but it still sadly doesn't answer my dilemma. I'll wait for the larger version that will inevitably come out later on.

Reiji and Xiaomu from Namco x Capcom are confirmed to be the main protagonists, along with their new partner whose name I can not read.

http://www.japanese3ds.com/post/122946948554

Looks like that mini prequel scenario for Xaiomu is shown in that scan too, though I can't figure out what it is.

I know, but it still sadly doesn't answer my dilemma. I'll wait for the larger version that will inevitably come out later on.

What? But they are super large. View them via these links if they aren't big enough

http://36.media.tumblr.com/5c904de1d1674333271c458671671fb6/tumblr_nqtegeCIV01s2z1y6o1_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6d346a0522ae43d14f9905058ba73e62/tumblr_nqtegeCIV01s2z1y6o2_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/7c90b7e539fdf352f6dc85a251871c5c/tumblr_nqtegeCIV01s2z1y6o3_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/82a2925e71f0d7ecd861797b87706dc3/tumblr_nqtegeCIV01s2z1y6o4_1280.jpg