Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

It's the flying battleship Balrog from Strider 2 (wich already appeared in Namco x Capcom). I was going to use an image, but the extension of it is not supported here.

So, i guess we're gonna pay Hien and Meio another visit. Fine by me.

Also, first developer interview:

So, apparently, we got Vesperia from the Tales choice because one of the developers worked on it. Meh.

Ah I see, damn that was taunting me for awhile.

Still praying for Skies of Arcadia representation.

Sorry to Double post, but more screenshot here

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/076/705/552de341c3063.html

This confirms that .hack's Skeith is back, as well as Resident Evil 6's very own Nemesis, Ustanak, their are also Q-Bee's shown in another screenshot likely confirming Jedah being back as well as a Tales of Vesperia stage set in Halure, the same spot that Yuri and Estelle were at before they got teleported through space and time in the first Project X Zone.

I mentioned Skeith a few posts back, but the rest is new.

But yeah, not really happy they're bringing back silent/animalistic villains: Bamco said in another recent event that God Eater rapresentation will be back, so i'm betting the Vajra will be back too.

Edit: Also, Dural is coming back too. She's in Akira's Super Art screenshot. Considering how she's related to Kage-Maru, this will be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm noticing a new style of animation for the special attacks in those screens. This pleases me greatly.

Interview to the developers by Famitsu: http://nintendoeverything.com/project-x-zone-2-devs-on-development-story-improvements-and-surprises/

I wonder what they mean about having a "deeper" story, since the first game had already some fucked up/dark elements already. If it's an improvement, fine by me i guess.

Also, please take a look at the screenshot: it shows that the combat interface is changed a bit, especially the enemy block gauge.

It's not just Sonic I want you know; Klonoa, Pac-Man, Ristar...and for human characters the cast of Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. =P

In addition to that, I'd also highly care for the inclusion of NiGHTS, Ameterasu and Phoenix Wright series characters to boot too!

• 3 weeks later...

This week's Famitsu has an incredible update on the game, announcing both veterans and newcomers. Put your seat belts on, people:

Returning:

*Ryu and Ken (Street Fighter)

*Gemini Sunrise and Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)

New pair units/assist:

*Nana Kazuki and Ciel Alencon (God Eater 2)

*Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

*Aty (Summon Night 3)

And...

-drum roll-

*Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey (Ace Attorney)

Now the party can begin.

tumblr_mjgnd83Qqk1rtywn4o1_400.gif

I swear, now i'm very very close to pre-order this game. I just need one more reason and it will be settled.

EDIT: I'll post the scans as soon as they'll be avaible.

• Thumbs Up 6

Awesome! Phoenix has Sonic's hair so people won't ask for him anymore!

Axel being in is great, though I wish Blaze were with him too. The game's looking pretty great so far, even if I still don't know anything about most of the characters, hehe.

*Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

And so, Tracker held aloft his fists and shouted "GRAND UPPAH" out of pure joy.

I'm sold, one of the main folks I wanted in, and he's here. Best of days.

• Thumbs Up 3

I now find the need to play this game. 

Here are the scans, courtesy of Twitter:

*Gemini, Sakura and Axel

*Nana, Ciel and Aty

*Ryu, Ken and Phoenix & Maya

Apparently, Phoenix ad Maya works together as an Assist unit (as also indicated by the blue name, relegated to assists). It will only affect gameplay though, so storywise, they'll still be 2 separate characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are ze new scansCE0kM4_UkAECgHs.jpgCE0k7XvUEAA4OPj.jpgCE0kGoLUsAAbLpB.jpg

Here are the scans, courtesy of Twitter:

*Gemini, Sakura and Axel

*Nana, Ciel and Aty

*Ryu, Ken and Phoenix & Maya

Apparently, Phoenix ad Maya works together as an Assist unit (as also indicated by the blue name, relegated to assists). It will only affect gameplay though, so storywise, they'll still be 2 separate characters.

Does "blue" always mean that?  Could it be different this time (should be awesome either way)?

Also,  taking this series' localization track record into mind,  do ya think it's likely we'll get the classic English text bubbles for Phoenix's gameplay ( text bubbles confirmed by the scans) in the localization? Or only subtitles underneath? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Does "blue" always mean that?  Could it be different this time (should be awesome either way)?

Yes: it was something present in scans for the first game too (usually red to pair units and blue to assists: here red is replaced with purple since it matches the new logo).

Well who knows,  maybe the blue is different, as well this time. Although I wonder,  what's the difference between all these "units" anyway?  And about that localization "OBJECTION" question I also had. .....

Well who knows, maybe the blue is different, as well this time. Although I wonder, what's the difference between all these "units" anyway? And about that localization "OBJECTION" question I also had. .....

Play the two demos on the eShop and you'll be golden.

Well,  I can't help but ponder that the blue color code means something different than assist.  Perhaps a new form or "class" of main unit. 

No it's not: if you see the scans it's used also on Axel and Aty (wich are assist), and have been used before on other assist characters (like Leon and Natsu here and here).

Having multiple characters in a single assist unit in nothing new though: in the previous game, Ulala summoned characters from Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone and Alien Storm, and Devilotte summoned Tech Romancer and Side Arms mecahs.

-but i'm pretty sure you'll never be convinced even if the developers would come here telling you clearly that, so i'm 90% sure i'm just wasting my time-

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah,  I've noticed that.  Urrgh,  Well so much for the hype. Making them an assist team seems rather a dumb move. 

Yep, I knew Sakura would be back of course, she is one of SEGA's Poster girls after all.

But, holy shit YES, Streets of RAGE finally being acknowledged in a Crossover, I'm sad  Axel isn't on a team with Blaze, but okay that'll do, and Pheonix is also a lovely addition.

But who are the Namco characters, I have no idea what game their from.

Nana and Ciel are from God Eater 2 (wich hasn't come over the west yet, so i can't judge them properly; the only thing i can say is that they look too moe so far, so i hope they will have good personalities to compensate). Aty is from Summon Night 3, a Banpresto-made series i knew nothing about till today, despite my vast franchise knowledge. Hell, i don't even know what the genre of the series is, so i can't tell much (it's justified though, since Banpresto loves to intertwine its own franchises; i wouldn't be surprised if SN characters appeared in a Super Robot Taisen title).

Yep, I knew Sakura would be back of course, she is one of SEGA's Poster girls after all.

But, holy shit YES, Streets of RAGE finally being acknowledged in a Crossover, I'm sad  Axel isn't on a team with Blaze, but okay that'll do, and Pheonix is also a lovely addition.

But who are the Namco characters, I have no idea what game their from.

They're from God Eater 2, a game that's not out in the States (yet). Their names are Nana Kazuki & Ciel Alencon.