Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

It's the gate of the Megaman X stage. In the first game, it was used to travel to The World after Vile made his first appearance.

Anyway, nice to see there are "fighting events" were characters dispose of enemies during cutscenes using their attacks: it gives more meat to the pace and the action that's going on

Also, while i'm at it, i'm gonna throw a prediction about the plot (i'll spoiler it just to be sure):

Chizuru is actually a double agent that works for Ouma and the Dragonturtle is actually a device that absorbs energy while traveling through dimensions, becoming in the end the 99 lookalike saw in the opening. Sure, that still doesn't explain the golden chains, but it smells like a good hint to me.

It's the gate of the Megaman X stage. In the first game, it was used to travel to The World after Vile made his first appearance.

Maybe, I can't completely tell what it is, since it's so far away. Then again, it could be anything? 

EDIT: I just thought of another possibility. What if it's the ring-shaped gate from The World? 

Edited by Operationgamer17

• 3 weeks later...

If you saw certain clips from the opening, you may have seen what appears to be 99 from Namco X Capcom. But, only the head looks exactly alike. The rest of it appears to look different (as you can see here: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/projectxzone/images/6/61/PxZ_2_final_boss1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151008233709). I've come up with a theory based on this. What if it isn't actually 99, but rather, a prototype of it? It could explain the similarities and differences in appearance.  

Speaking of the opening, did anyone else notice that Xiaoyu was missing in the group shot?

Edited by Operationgamer17

If you saw certain clips from the opening, you may have seen what appears to be 99 from Namco X Capcom. But, only the head looks exactly alike. The rest of it appears to look different (as you can see here: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/projectxzone/images/6/61/PxZ_2_final_boss1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151008233709). I've come up with a theory based on this. What if it isn't actually 99, but rather, a prototype of it? It could explain the similarities and differences in appearance.  

Speaking of the opening, did anyone else notice that Xiaoyu was missing in the group shot?

99 itself was the "final" prototype. Also I posted clearer pictures of said 99-look alike last month - http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19026-project-x-zone-2-brave-new-world-sega-namco-capcom-and-no-theres-still-no-sonic/?page=11#comment-975297

If there's any other information that I would like to have elaborated on in PXZ2, it's Saya's status itself based on a bit of a spoiler in Endless Frontier/Endless Frontier Exceed. And that spoiler being the fact that

the Saya we know now might actually be a clone of the original from Namco X Capcom. Since that in itself was hinted in Endless Frontier/Exceed

Edited by Jetronic

I found the first game at Gamestop for 15 bucks yesterday so I'm giving it a whirl. I don't know what's going on in the story because I'm literally skipping every line of dialogue, it's just way too generic and anime-esque for me to handle

Not sure what I think of it so far. It's alright and easy to understand, but it might end up being too easy for my tastes. I can see it getting pretty repetitive down the line, too.

Sorry if someone already said it but it kinda bugs me how the first one had hardly any characters anyone that's not REALLY into JRPGs actually knows. I mean, how did they expect to sell it in the West like that considering it was marketed as a massive crossover between three of the biggest game companies?

Anyway, on that note, I'm glad they have added more characters the Western audience actually knows this time around, even if there still aren't many I, personally, like.

Some type of stream will be happening on nico nico within less than 2 hours. 3 other things (I think it's 3) are mentioned in this tweet but I can't for the life of me get a decent translation of it. Xiaomu's name is mentioned and something about "Legend of Valkyrie" which I'm assuming is Xiaomu's playable appearance in said Legend of Valkyrie game within PXZ2. I have no idea what else is mentioned.

Here's the stream, showing a chapter set in the Megaman-X stage:

The only 2 new things that have shown up in this video are 2 new main villains: Shturm (from Captain Commando, in addition to Durk and Shturm Jr.) and the return of Vile, this time in his Megaman-X 3 appearance.

Here's the stream, showing a chapter set in the Megaman-X stage:

The only 2 new things that have shown up in this video are 2 new main villains: Shturm (from Captain Commando, in addition to Durk and Shturm Jr.) and the return of Vile, this time in his Megaman-X 3 appearance.

High quality, although 3 hours, higher quality.

Edited by Jetronic

-looks at the different languages that the game is localized in-

Aaand as i feared, the italian version seems to be toning down the jokes and/or flipping up entire pieces of dialogues just for the sake of trying being creative. I really hope there will be a language selection option, because if it keeps like that, i'll be very inclined to just play the game in english.

But reguardless, i hope we will get all the remixes: i need so badly that remix of Vergil Battle 3.

Bamco confirms that the game will have no cut content: we get the full package of remixes, folks.

Also, while the european version will be multi-5 (English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish; still don't understand if there will be a language selection button or not), the american version surprisingly will not just be in english but will also have French and Spanish languages avaible.

I guess it will be convenient for people in Canada and Mexico?

• Thumbs Up 1

So, it appears that despite being a solo unit, the Ace Attorney representatives are still getting quite a bit of spotlight. Granted, this'll be my first PXZ game, so for I all know, maybe, it's usual for even the solo units to get as much love.

ANywho, this was drawn from a player of the demo:

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31587

Played the demo this morning. It's pretty Phoenix/Maya-centred, actually, so for those curious, this is what happens (spoiler warning!)

Spoiler:
Prologue-1
Reiji and Xiaomu of the Shinra Special Unit arrive in Roppongi where monsters have appeared. They are to work together with BSAA (Resident Evil) on another disturbance elsewhere. They are picked up by Professor Urashima in her new ride.

Chapter 2: That Man, Like A Dragon
Phoenix and Maya are stuck in front of Club Sega in a monster-infested Kamurocho, which has been sealed off by a set of walls (to keep the monsters inside). They are to meet with their newest client, but are cornered by a couple of zombies. Then their client arrives and saves them. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) says he's being framed for the happenngs in Kamurocho and he wants Nick to prove his innocence. Majima (Yakuza) arrives too, demanding to know who's behind the chaos in Kamurocho, to which Heihachi answers it's Shadaloo (Street Fighter). Majima knows Nick and Maya, as Nick has represented the Tojo Clan previously and even helped prove Majima's innocence. Reiji, Xiamu arrive as well as Jill and Chris (Resident Evil) and finally the Dragon of Dojima, Kiryu (Yakuza). They tell Phoenix and Maya to hide in the sewer while they take care off the monsters. After the fight, Kiryu tells the group about an urban legend that the manhole Phoenix and Maya entered connects to another dimension, and indeed, the two aren't there. The group enters the manhole to save Phoenix and Maya.

Chapter 3: The Family Together, And Turnabout
Phoenix and Maya find themselves in the Demon World, where they arrive just as Demitri and Morrigan (Darkstalkers) are about to fight. Morrigan offers to send them back to the human world. Meanwhile, Heihachi Mishima finds his son Kazuya Mishima and grandson Jin Kazama (Tekken) in the Demon World, who are about to fight, but they get surrounded by demons. Reiji, Xiamu, Jill, Chris, Kiryu and Majima arrive to fight off the monsters.

It's then that Demitri and Morrigan arrive, together with Phoenix and Maya. Finally, Bulletta/Baby Bonny Hood (Darkstalkers) also pops up, saying she's here to kill Phoenix. Bulletta is hired by Shadaloo to kill Phoenix, so he can't defend Heihachi (and it's easier to kill Phoenix than Heihachi). There are too many monsters, so the fighters can't send Phoenix and Maya away. Morrigan notices Maya's magatama, and says she'll infuse it with demon power. She orders Maya to infuse the magatama with the wish to become stronger (Maya wishes she'll be as strong as the Steel Samurai and the Pink Princess, and for Nick's "objection" to be able to hurt the monsters), after which Morrigan infuses her demon powers in the magatama, making Phoenix and Maya available for battle (as support characters to Demitri and Morrigan). After defeating Bulletta, Reiji thinks it's wise to have Shinra take custody over Phoenix and Maya.

Besides the support attack you can see in the PV, Phoenix and Maya have two skills you can use on the map (not on the battle screen):
Objection (SP: 30): ignore Block
Spirit Channeling (SP: 80): EXP 25% up, CP 25% up

There were those courtrrom bits we got, and also there's recently been an interview with Eshiro concerning Ace ATtorney's involvement in PXZ2:

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31587&sid=7afdc717868b3068082cb95e225f0ef1 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait: at 1:08, what's that golem? Also, are those things under him Dino Crisis' velociraptors? They look too slim to be RE hunters (my first assumption).

Well, I'm glad that unlike the previous 2 games intro, they actually showed a lot of the villains this time aside from the Original ones.

People are saying that thopening shows the final roster, but I can't believe that. For starters, Xiaoyu is missing in the intro. Plus, this video shows empty slots along with all the pair units we know about that are in. This contradicts the earlier "confirmation" that all the playable characters are shown in the opening.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ytvP5UZmhgc

Wow, i've noticed that so far, this sequel in terms of villains is strongly prominent on the Capcom side, while Namco remains ok thanks also to the Ouma key people and SEGA only has a few of them (plus, not major villains either; the one that seems with the most importance is Shadow).

I hope that the final game is more balanced in this reguard.