Awoo.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World: SEGA, Namco, Capcom! And no, there's still no Sonic!

Tracker_TD

There's going to be a stream later seemingly focused on Xiaomu happening about 32 hours from now/this post time - http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv240928725

However, I have no idea about the details. If anyone can help translate or abridge what's there that would be great, because the most I can get out of it myself is that there will be a live drawing or something.

Seeing the possibilitiy that you can make Segata teaming up with Lucina and Chrom still blow my mind...

Thanks to a Japanese wiki, we know the final boss's name. But I'm having a bit of trouble with the spoiler tab, so I won't post it's name. 

Edited by Operationgamer17

Double posting again, but for 2 new/somewhat new stuff

1. Animated OP is now in HD on Bandai Namco's channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rqc-KcRAQ

2. The pose of xiaomu that was requested from her voice actress during the special stream is available as a wall paper/sketch

http://pxz2.bn-ent.net/special/10.html - wall paper

Sketched Version

%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So, thanks to Omegaevolution's channel, we now have all chapters (there are 42 in total with no prologues like the first game had). I saw all of them, so i'll give my two cents on what i saw (clearly nothing definitive since i have to wait the western version to understand all the dialogues).

Honestly, it's a slight disappointment from the first PXZ. Sure, the roster is better (even though i'm astonished they cut of people like Arthur, Hsien-Ko, the Endless Frontier crew and especially Kogoro and Mii) but the overall plot that ties together the various franchises doesn't feel strong like the one of Namco x Capcom or the first PXZ game. A lot of villains from the first game reappear and act like nothing happened (VERY jarring in some cases, like Aya-me), and despite their huge presence, neither Chizuru or Sheit manage to bring weight to the table of the Shinra vs. Ouma conflict.

The final boss is just a chromatic version of 99 from NXC and doesn't have a lot of shock value like Meden had in the first game; also, obviously the explanation of the origins of the golden chains is equally disappointing. And to top, the ending is... ok-ish, leaning on the meh side.

We (once again, despite 3 games) don't get to see Shinra's base of operation, hell, we don't even go back to Tokyo at all: the ending is just a huge celebration in Demitri's castle in the Makai, and that's it. Also, Reiji asks Xiaomu to get married, and considering i always found their romantic relationship creepy since, well, she's like hundreds of years old and knows him since he was an infant, you get the idea.

Honestly, the first game had a much better closure; sure, it was a bit rough on the edges, but it tied everything together while still leaving the possibility to a sequel.

Wich brings me to the huge dilemma: the future of this crossover series. On one hand, i would welcome with open arms a third installment (or in any case, a fourth game), but on the other... how can you top this in terms of franchises rapresented? Like, a lot of the characters are veteran from the Namco X Capcom days, and there are not that much excuses you can pull for the whole "different times and dimensions are colliding each other: interaction ensues" without being redundant (hell, i'm surprised they managed to stay fresh for three games straight). Unless you pull a reboot, of course, but that would be lame.

The best solution i could see is an original game that focuses only on the Shinra vs Ouma conflict or that includes just Namco and Nintendo franchises, because at this point, to me Capcom has pulled all of its best cards and cannot replicate a fresh roster without cutting away half of the veterans and being really obscure -a possibility, sure, but i find it extremely unlikely-. As for SEGA... i don't know what to think, because despite the improvements, there are just too many franchises to use that feels a disappointment in any case.

Reguardless, i hope there will be a future for this series, one way or another.

I'll still pre-order and buy the game on day-one, playing happily, don't misunderstand me though.

I feel this is likely the last game they'll do anyway, at the least using Game characters anyway.

I'd be very interested however if they do a game with Shonen Jump characters instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Characters trailer:

EDIT: European demo for January 21st

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, since the demo came out on the european E-Shop today, i gave it a try.

Overall, it feels a bit weird but fine: the timing of the attacks is not intuitive at all, so even if you are a veteran of the first game, you'll have to practice before managing to connect decent combos. On the plus side, enemies seem more weak this time around, so the battles are much quicker and don't get staled. The expanded RPG improvements are also a very welcomed addition that gives much more customization were there was almost no trace at all before.

Also, the italian translation seems to be ok enough, even though i still feel it may have butchered some jokes here and there; i hope the complete game has a switching language option, because i haven't find one in the demo.

• Thumbs Up 3

The demo came out us here in North America, so I decided to give a go as well. 

I'll  say this; I was not expecting to the get into the mechanics of the games as well as I did. I'm not much of a fan for this kind of genre, but honestly I got the hang of it down relatively easy. Well, easier than I thought I was going to, least compared to the first. It feels much more refined in how you engage enmities. Plus what @Chosen Undeadskaven said about certain tweaks to the combat to make it less of a chore. I feel more inclined to buy this over the first game and my experience with that demo. 

Plus my boys Majima and Kiryu got to wreck shiz up so extra points for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I forgot to mention is how the demo operates, and it's pretty similar to how the ORAS demo was handles, like each time to complete the scenario you get something special that you can bring to the main game. 

I also forgot to mention a particular aesthetic thing: unlike in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Phoenix's OBJECTION! baloon still uses kanjis and hasn't been changed, mostly for gameplay reason i guess (the baloon has to be of a specific size and they probably couldn't shrink the font to a decent degree). I don't mind it particularly, though.

10 hours ago, Jetronic said:

Xiaomu plz...

Xiaomu mentions A LOT of references in this game :P 

CZkp5B-WkAAm5p4.jpg

CZkp5COWAAACpYn.jpg

CZUxzPQWEAAJmT_.jpg

CZUs3XQWQAUWoyT.jpg

I don´t know how to take pictures on the 3DS lol

She also said "Die monster! you don´t belong in this world!" at some point when she and Reiji act acted as assistants.

EDIT: Oh, and this one I didn´t know about...

one of her end battle quotes is "I like Reiji, but it´s all about justice!" which is a reference of this 

15 hours ago, Chosen Undeadskaven said:

I also forgot to mention a particular aesthetic thing: unlike in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Phoenix's OBJECTION! baloon still uses kanjis and hasn't been changed, mostly for gameplay reason i guess (the baloon has to be of a specific size and they probably couldn't shrink the font to a decent degree). I don't mind it particularly, though.

They could've very much altered it for the better. However,  much as it bugs me,  it does sorta fit with the whole speak Japanese regardless of your nationality thing that PxZ has going for it.  That,  and it might unevenly stick out of no other character got that special a localization treatment.

Not that I don't wish that they'd exert enough effort for that. *Sigh* Maybe in another sequel. 

Heh,  at least dialogue and nationality-wise, they're apparently still the same good 'ol American Phoenix and Maya we know from the games. 

• 3 weeks later...

Game's out in Europe. I read a complaint from a GameFAQS user that the price was raised to $69.95 in Australia. Can anyone help confirm?

I can confirm that:

890d70366a3005a2f882f384be6908c6.png

No idea why the price is so high for. Usually 3DS games never go beyond $59.95. I've been wanting to try out these games but the lack of an English dub/proper localization is really off putting to me. :/ I probably won't be playing them anytime soon.

It's really cool to see the reception to the sequel be an improvement in nearly every way. For us in the states we gotta wait a few more days.