Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Prepare your wallet

kimplix

I fucking swear, Goat Simulator has been discounted like 7 fucking times this sale.

I honestly feel like it's a waste of money. I saw my friend play the game and it seems like that type of game you play for 5 minutes and then never play it again.

I thought everyone loved Goat Simulator... =S I remember everybody here was praising it when it first came out but I guess that was all just one big joke huh?

Two days now and none of these discounts have interested me. Come on, at least one or two more games on my wish list need a bigger discount!

Of course, I've never played a Civ game before, so the joke will turn right back around to being on me if I don't like it.

That's probably the best context to play Civilization V in.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is 80% off in the Flash Sale. Buy it. It's one of the best indie games I've ever played. I'll definitely get it again since I played it on my 360, but I sold it and therefore I don't have access to it anymore...so.

• Thumbs Up 3

Overall, I think I can safely say that this year's sale was pretty crap in my opinion. Far too many repeats, far too many games that weren't interesting, not enough sales on the interesting titles. The only games I picked up were State Of Decay, Sonic Transformed (which will only load the race sound, stays at black screen), and Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II. It wasn't a complete bust, but I was really hoping for a big sale on Saints Row IV and Rust, the earlier only went to half price, the later wasn't discounted period.

Gabe, I am disappoint. Here's hoping that the winter sale is better.

I'm gonna have to be in agreement, the sale wasn't good at all this year. Goat Simulator being on sale multiple times in favor of more deserving titles was just... bleeeehhhh.

I bought Goat Simulator thinking I was in for something amazing but was disappointed when it turned out to be kinda lame.

Who the fuck sells this for $10. Why.

At least I made up for it with Broken Age.

Just a reminder. The 29th is the LAST day of the sale, not the 30th. The 30th is when the sale ends...so yeah, if none of the games in your wishlist didn't make it into any sale at all then now is the time to buy then whilst they're discounted...or you could risk it and wait for it to be in a Flash or Community Sale.

I agree that this year's summer sale has been pretty disappointing overall. I only bought four games (I literally just bought FEZ because it was on flash sale) and if none of the other games I want end up in a sale, might as well just buy one or two of them at their given discount price. Damn. So yah, tis been a lacklustre sale this year. =/

But what bothers me most of all is that Aquaria was once again not in the Summer Sale! Why why why WHYYYYY.

It's been my first summer sale and it was... erm...?

Well, I got a lot of games, and still got my eyes on one or two on the last day, but it didn't exactly blow me away, what games I did get I thought 'they really could and should have discounted this more.' 

There's been one or two games on the sale which frankly shouldn't be there. Watch Dogs discount was completely ridiculous and to add insult Ubisoft price matched on their own store so what was the point? COD games are frankly so over priced any discount is mute.

I certainly agree that too many of the same games keep popping up, Goat Simulator being one of them, but also Prison Architect seems to pop up a lot too.

Which brings me onto another annoyance... Early Access Games... ok some of these, yes... but really, early alpha titles and some games which barely have a main core? Nope, shouldn't be here at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that Rust probably should have gone on sale, since it's received a lot of praise and seems to be very popular. I'm hoping to get it eventually, but I was really expecting it to be in the summer sale. There were far too many times where Goat Simulator was discounted too, like Solkia said, around 7 times, if not I can safely say 5. 

tumblr_n7xt7oMEe11r1cafco1_400.png

Well, despite all the repeats, I'd say that I got a pretty good haul again… and Final Fantasy 8 finally went on sale, even though it wasn't outright shown (really should have just said it was a Final Fantasy sale instead of waving Final Fantasy 7 in the thumbnail), but was still a huge plus!

But yeah, god damn, Goat Simulator has -really- overstayed it’s welcome in the sales. It's practically the new Killing Floor or Super Meat Boy of sales, as if they -need- to have something steering away attention from other games that could really use that spot.

Well, I ended up buying about 16 games so I can't say I'm disappointed. This was my first Steam Sale though.

Final day is up.

So many sales, and I can't see what any of them are =p

^ Haha I had that too.  Clicking one and then going back fixed it.

Looks like there are no more votes or flash sales today.

If you were waiting for a Daily/Flash sale on a game and it never came up, today is the day to buy it at the regular sale price.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just snatched up LEGO Lord Of The Rings. I liked the films, and I like LEGO, and I've heard good things about it.

Mostly repeats today though, though ere are some further discounts. I won't get Saints Row IV though as I can barely run The Third.

tNBkpOI.png

There were plenty of other things I wanted that were on sale, but I tried keeping my budget to a minimum and decided to wait on most other things. I finally picked up BioShock Infinite's season pass if only to motivate myself to beat that wretched game and play the hopefully more enjoyable Burial at Sea segments. And I've had an itch to replay SA2 lately, but I don't have my Dreamcast with me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure valve is going to do a Winter Adventure thing with the amount of money they got from people buying those trading cards.

RPG Maker was the only thing I actually went for, with Castle Crashers + DLC and Halo Spartan Assault being purchased with the Summer Adventure Cards I didn't need.

Ehhh.... maybe next year.

Here's my small haul for this year...

image17.jpg

Overall, I've done pretty well. I got all of this for around £22, which is less than what The LEGO Movie game would cost usually. However, Sonic Transformed won't work properly, after loading screens I run into a black screen but the sound is fine. I'm still trying to find a fix for that. However, all of the others (except for State Of Decay which lags a lot, but I was expecting that) run fine, and I'm especially happy with the two LEGO games. I was meaning to get LEGO LOTR, so it was good I could get it on the cheap. I already owned The LEGO Movie on 360 but I don't use my 360 much at all anymore, and the tray jams all the time.

I was hoping to get Rust, but eh, whadd'ya gonna do. I'm pretty happy with what I got anyway. :)

I have to say this

DLC Quest is originally $2.99 but during this sale is $ .99

Get this game. It is fucking hilarious and is just one giant middle finger to the industry in every aspect. But it's also really fun to play.

However I wouldn't pay more than $ .99 for it. It's really short.

• Thumbs Up 1

53b08a6087951.png

Really lame sale this year imo. I bought a lot more stuff last year, and the one game I really wanted (DkSII) wasn't even deeply discounted. Oh well. I'm excited to play Spec Ops in particular.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks to Solkia, I just bought DLC Quest. It's takes the piss out of the video game industry so why not? It also cost mere pocket change so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's what I got this year;

dIp49x5.png

Only six games...good thing since that means I didn't have to spend too much money on Steam games this year.

Bad thing too though since the games I wanted most (AVGN Adventures, Skullgirls and fucking AQUARIA!) were never in the flash sales or, in the case of Aquaria, no sale at all! So yah, disappointing Steam sale this year and I hope the next one will see better discounts on the games I want!