Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

It's actually really dishearting that a game with such great gameplay is going to be dragged down so much by a a lack of online features that should honestly be standard fare for online shooters

I'm sure the core gameplay is going to be great, but the devs' shitty decisions in regards to online are going to make it a lot less enjoyable for me

well something fun for UK-ians at least

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/252030-splatoon-nintendo-direct-coming-may-7-in-uk

Splatoon- Nintendo Direct coming May 7 in UK

Apr 30, 2015 by br26

Nintendo has just sent out a press release announcing that a Nintendo Direct will be coming May 7 at 15:00 BST which will feature new information on Splatoon, coming out May 29 in the region. No word yet if this is the same for the North America and Japanese regions.

though this could be a showcase

I'd like a demo too. Though honestly I'm somewhat expecting a recap of everything we already know. That way if there IS some announcement then it'll be even more exciting.

Don't judge me. >:V

Interestingly enough, the Direct is on a Thursday afternoon.

Seems like it might be hinting at a Splatoon demo.

Noice, looking forward to the Direct and potentially a Demo to try out! 8D

Just because Splatoon has had all these drawbacks with the online and stuff doesn't mean I don't want to play this anymore. I'm still pretty excited for it!

If you pre-order the game from GAME.UK, you get a inkling beanie:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GAMEdigital/media/grid?idx=0

CD2ViOOWYAAGrQf.jpg

It's cool, it would cost £8 more to the same Splatoon bundle along with that hat from GAME than it would from my current Nintendo order.

Also, it's bullshit that to announce this bonus item so long after opening pre-orders.

Surely it'd be up before the Direct then.

Not necessarily. When The Wonderful 101 got a demo after it's own Direct it went up at around 4 PM BST. The Splatoon Direct is 3 PM BST.

Also if you guys are looking into Splatoon apparel, check out TheYetee. They currently have two Splatoon designs as their tee of the day. They look bossin', but they're only available for the next 13 hours.

http://theyetee.com/

Splatoon will be getting a free update in August so you can play 8 player teams with just your friends.

...August.

Are you fucking kidding me Nintendo?

• Thumbs Up 6

At least it's coming and all the updates with game modes and maps are all free. That's only like, 2 months after launch.

Alright. My assumption is that they weren't planning on including friend matches at all, and after hearing the negative response to that, they decided they'd release it in an update.

So anyway INKLING COSTUMES IN SMASH WHEEEEEEEEE

I think I'll be using the Roller weapons the most. It looks super fun to use. I also can't wait to try the the solo modes.

I do appreciate that they listen but for fucks sake this is shit that should be fucking standard. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Maybe if we're lucky, Splatoon 2 will get a free patch to include voice chat.

• Thumbs Up 4

Better late than never, I suppose.

Other than the delays, game looks and sounds wonderful. Probably won't have enough time to play the demo for another week due to exams, but I'm on board.

At least you can join friends in online matches... I do wonder if I'll actually use that though. In Smash, for example, I enjoy fighting random people as opposed to friends (besides a few of them).

Uh, please don't take this as if I'm defending their choice to release friend matches after launch. :V

Honestly, the way I see it is that it's NOTHING compared to the wait us TF2 fans have waited for competitive matchmaking. TF2 is finally getting it after being out for 8 YEARS! 2 months is honestly nothing compared to that. And TF2 has had plenty of games before and after it that had that feature, but it never got it. I'm honestly so sick of seeing content that also should be there at launch being paid DLC instead of updates like TF2 or Dota 2. Is it dumb that this wasn't a feature at the start? Yes, yes it is. But 2 months for a free update is honestly better than a lot of things that could've happened or waited longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 months,2 days, 2 hours who fucking cares when we get it, there's no excuse. It should have been in at launch.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just going to wait till release.

I'm steaming about their stupid decision to release a staple feature in this type of game AFTER release.

The aforementioned Splatoon-themed Wii U bundle has gone live at Nintendo's UK store. The bundle has been updated to include a Splatoon-themed GamePad protector and a Splatoon Game Guide. Special Editions that also include the Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl amiibos also exist.

Here's a pic of the bundle with the Inkling Boy amiibo.

11117567-3094292716940286.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1