Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

The next one is also a Splatoon based one. I like how that comic takes fun of particular parts of games.

Huh, apparently quite a lot of the dialogue was changed between the US and EU versions of the game.

Apparently the US version is more deliberately cheesy-90s and puntastic.

...kinda glad we didn't get that. >_>

Huh, apparently quite a lot of the dialogue was changed between the US and EU versions of the game.

Apparently the US version is more deliberately cheesy-90s and puntastic.

...kinda glad we didn't get that. >_>

To be more precise, the EU dialogue is a direct translation of the Japanese script.

RIP Cats and Dogs

Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!

Well that sucks. I was looking forward to some nighttime turf war action...

Oh well... Lets hope the new date won't be too long of a wait.

I hear good leak about Mario Sunshine DLC, but am pretty sure its a good fake one. it look something in project.

Information Leak

CICGgGQUsAAVltp.png

CICGgGPUYAU_Udq.png

CIBzmKFUkAEHpcz.png

A recent datamining of Splatoon revealed some of the upcoming DLC content, including a new Skyscraper map, pictures of Tower Control and Rainmaker (2 New Modes), and 33 unreleased weapons!

• Here are the 33 unreleased weapons: 
Sploosh-o-matic – Squid Beakons & Killer Wail
Neo Sploosh-o-matic – Point Sensor & Kraken
Neo Splash-o-matic – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
N-ZAP ’89 – Sprinkler & Inkstrikes
Custom Dual Squelcher – Squid Beakon & Killer Wail
Luna Blaster – Ink Mines & Inkzooka
Luna Blaster Neo – Splat Bombs & Bomb Rush
Range Blaster – Splash Wall & Inkstrike
Custom Range Blaster – Splat Bombs & Kraken
Rapid Blaster Pro – Seekers & Inkzooka
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco – Disruptors & Killer Wail
L-3 Nozzlenose D – Burst Bombs & Kraken
H-3 Nozzlenose – Suction Bombs & Echolocator
H-3 Nozzlenose D – Point Sensor & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller Deco – Seekers & Bomb Rush
Inkbrush Nouveau – Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush – Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Strong01
Triple Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Diffusion01
Bomlobber
T_BigBall_Launcher01
E-liter 3K Scope
Custom E-liter 3K Scope
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Bamboozler 14 Mk II
T_Gatling_Standard00
T_Gatling_Standard01
T_Gatling_Hyper00
T_Gatling_Hyper01

I'm actually disappointed that so few weapons have the Bubbler, considering it's my favourite special weapon.

tumblr_nqem8dPuKt1u3akyno1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqem8dPuKt1u3akyno5_1280.jpg

The Luna Blaster weapon will be added to Splatoon today at 7 PM PT! What it lacks in range, it more than makes up for in fire rate and explosive impact. This blaster-type weapon is perfect for getting up close and personal. For far away foes, build up that special gauge and blast ‘em with an Inkzooka, or ruin their day with a surprise Ink Mine!

…is anyone else getting Space Channel 5 vibes off of this thing?

This should please our squids, we hit 1 million sold. However I still haven't added to that total sadly, I'm waiting until I have consistent internet

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236859-splatoon-sells-1-million-copies-worldwide#comments

Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide

23 June, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 2 

CIOdMuiUAAA1gre.jpg

Splatoon(スプラトゥーン)  ‎@SplatoonJP 

スプラトゥーンの世界累計販売100万本突破というニュースが入った!

我々イカ研究所の研究成果がこれだけ多くの人々に受け入れられたということか……なんか涙が出てきた。

まずは応援してくださった皆さんへの感謝をお伝えしたい。

Well guys, that's some fantastic news! 1 million kids have become squids, thanks to 1 million copies of Splatoon sold worldwide. Let's keep the tally moving upward!

• Thumbs Up 3

This should please our squids, we hit 1 million sold. However I still haven't added to that total sadly, I'm waiting until I have consistent internet

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236859-splatoon-sells-1-million-copies-worldwide#comments

Meanwhile at Neogaf, someone accumulated into a wall of fame a fair amount of people who had...less than optimistic views for Splatoon's sales and its potential as a new major IP for Nintendo. Let's have a look at some of the predictions, shall we?

I am expecting slightly better sales than wonderful 101. So no, not a major new IP.

It's on Wii U.

So no.

You mean the next major Nintendo bomba?

Its totally going to flop. It doesnt have anything the mainstream audience want.

Nope. It'll get lukewarm sales at best and be forgotten about.

If Splatoon ends up being a hit, I'll drink my own urine.

Needless to say, restaurant orders of roasted, baked, and fried crow tripled in sales overnight worldwide (and somewhere, urine swallowed...).

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh God that last comment.

Anyway, congrats to the creators! I am glad this is game is selling so well, specially for a new IP. 

That celebration pic is so cute <3

Here's some rough number estimates from Big N themselves

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236874-splatoon-hits-1-million-sold-official-press-release#comments

Splatoon hits 1 million sold - official press release

23 June, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 13 

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo has hauled up its nets, tallied its catch and crossed another milestone. Sales of Splatoon, the new squid-based game for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, have crossed 1 million worldwide, according to Nintendo’s internal figures. That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

“Ever since Splatoon launched on May 29 in the United States, we’ve seen thousands of people go online to have fun in this colorful, chaotic competition,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “This milestone puts us in a nice position as we prepare to launch 11 more exclusive Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games before the end of the year, plus amiibo, digital offerings and games from our third-party partners.”

Splatoon multiplayer pits teams of four online players against one another as they try to splatter a majority of the playing area with their team’s colorful ink. Players can transform into squids and swim through pools of their own ink to move faster or maneuver up walls to access hard-to-reach areas.

Note that broadband Internet access is required for online play. Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.

For more information about Splatoon, visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.

You Europeans need to get out there and pick up some slack, Japan made killer waves(368K is pretty darned impressive in Japan)

I didn't expect any less with this game in terms of sales! Splatoon's great.

I didn't expect any less with this game in terms of sales! Splatoon's great.

It is pretty nuts, that's around 10% of the total playbase on the Wii-u(possibly a little higher percentage I mean), in the first MONTH. With how good a word of mouth it is getting as well, that bodes well and it had super impressive performance for a new IP

Someone has hacked Splatoon and has been able to change the ink colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZA8LQYu1Tk

First test at 0:30 in the video showcases blue vs. green ink; another test at 4:55 showcases white vs. black ink.

No-one commenting on the fact Splatfest Number One is coming this 4th of July?

Well, it is, so hopefully we can gain enough shells to stop forking out 30,000 for a new ability slot or reroll.

2 New Weapons Tonight:

tumblr_nqk38yteYO1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Also being added to the mix today at 7 PM PT is the Custom Dual Squelcher. It’s got range, rapid fire, and Squid Beakons to give your squid buds a place to Super Jump to. And with the Killer Wail special you can zone your enemies for days!

tumblr_nqk36rb1pR1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Today at 7 PM PT, the Carbon Roller will be added to the weapon roster. This lightweight roller excels in the mobility department. It’s fling attack doesn’t toss a ton of ink, but it’s coupled with Burst Bombs for ranged splattage. Throw an Inkzooka in the mix and it’s on like Crusty Sean!

We finally got a new date for Splatfest!

tumblr_nqia3cmSV81u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The CATS vs. DOGS Splatfest is back on!

Sorry for the delay—we experienced some…tentacle difficulties with the Splatfest matchmaking. The first Splatfest will now begin on July 4th at 12:00 AM PT and will end on July 4th at 11:59 PM PT. That’s 24 hours of pure patriotic splattitude! Celebrate your inkdependence with nighttime Turf War battles and fireworks! 

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/122427280219/the-cats-vs-dogs-splatfest-is-back-on-sorry-for

Following this, we are gonna have a new patch! 

Update details:

Splatfest:

• When there are more members on one team than the other and the match-making process takes too long, members from the same team will be able to battle each other
    • Members will still receive Splatfest Points even when they battle against members of the same team
    • Note: Only the results from matches against the opposing team will be included in the overall Splatfest results
  • Adjustments have been made to allow some players at random to participate as early as 5 minutes prior to the official start time of Splatfest in order to make for a more pleasant gaming experience (Note: All players will be able to participate once the event begins)
    • This adjustment was made to lighten the server load at the beginning of the Splatfest
  • Adjustments have been made to the number of Super Sea Snails distributed to members of the losing team that have earned either of the top two Splatfest rank titles

BUT! There are going to be couple of buffs and nerfs to certain stuff...

Special Weapon Adjustments:

• Inkstrike: The amount of area covered will be more consistent regardless of where it lands
  • Kraken: The amount of knockback is increased when taking damage from an opponent while using Kraken

Ability Adjustments:

• Ninja Squid: Swim speed will be lowered when using this ability
  • Stealth Jump: The amount of time it takes to Super Jump will be longer when using this ability
  • Ink Resistance Up: The effects with respect to the amount of damage and speed when moving through enemy ink will be adjusted

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14946

The EU are receiving a different Splatfest open from the 4th of July - 5th of July and the theme will be Rock vs Pop!

bSRKmJJ.jpg

Do you side with Callie and the hardness of Rock? Or do you go with Marie and the popularity of Pop? The choices are yours and yours alone.

Also, voting for your team right now gets you a Splatfest tee based on the one you picked and you can wear it as soon as you vote up until when Splatfest ends. They're pretty good at 3 stars and 4 boost slots, so get them now!

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_nqqi82Z2Q11u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Tomorrow, on 7/1 at 7 PM PT, a new Ranked Battle will be added to the game! This new mode is called Tower Control. Hop aboard the tower placed in the middle of the map, and ride it to your opponent’s goal. stay sharp—you’ll have to protect whoever’s riding the tower from enemy attacks!

Once someone jumps onto the tower, it starts moving along a set path toward the other team’s goal. If the tower doesn’t arrive at either goal before time runs out, the team that’s moved it closest toward their opponent’s goal wins. Ride the tower all the way into the other team’s goal though, and you’ll get a decisive knockout victory.

Oh, and if you want a little early look at Tower Control, you can join the intrepid researchers of Nintendo Treehouse as they go on a fact finding mission in Nintendo Treehouse: Live with Splatoon Tower Control this afternoon at 3 PM PT. Tune into twitch.tv/nintendo for your early look at the new Ranked Battle! 

I sadly still don't have the game(despite having the amiibo), but have a really rocking cover of the theme

https://youtu.be/KknhlEq3Vzc

• Thumbs Up 2

The update nerfed Kraken too hard. It's still useable but it's so much less scary than it used to be since you can push it back by firing at it. It was a great special and still is, don't get me wrong, but adding push back to it similar to Bubbler was completely unnecessary. More reason for me to move away from Krak-On Splat Roller and focus on Splash-o-matic I suppose.

I'm looking forward the new ranked mode. Quite frankly I am not a fan of Splat Zones at all really. I think the penalties for losing control are just way too harsh at the moment. It's become an incredibly frustrating experience. Hopefully Tower Control will be more fun.

• Thumbs Up 2