Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Western website is up! nothing big, but cool

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/

Also there's a blog http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/ , just some tidbits, but there's this fun thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BIGG3m-8ZMQ 

BREAKING NEWS! The Octarian threat is real! Thank goodness that brave soul was there to contain the invasion!

ProJared, GameXplain and NintendoLife went to a Ninty event for the game. They apparently played about 5 hours. Here are their previews respectively.

ProJared's interview with Corey from Treehouse.

Gameplay from GX.

• Thumbs Up 1

A second online mode is confirmed, called Splat Zones, which is king of the hill style, however it requires a level 10 rank from turf wars, and won't be unlocked until enough people reach that rank

Just to source shit.

Nintendo has detailed its plan for ranked multiplayer battles in Splatoon -- its upcoming third-person shooter coming to Wii U this May.

Ranked Battles will focus purely on objective gametypes, but Nintendo specified it would be released post-launch. In order to unlock the ability to play ranked battle, a player will have to obtain level 10 in online Turf Wars, the regular battle mode shown when Splatoon debuted at E3 2014.

“Once you reach level 10, you’ll be able to play Ranked Battles,” a Nintendo representative told IGN at a recent hands-on event. “However, we’ll be watching the global progress of how many people reach level 10 and, once that’s hit a certain threshold, we’ll turn that on for everyone to play.”

Nintendo explained some of the reasoning behind this decision. It believes Turf War -- the mode shown at Splatoon's E3 2014 debut -- will provide players with a stable foundation of the game's core mechanics. And it emphasized these skills would be necessary to succeed in Ranked Battles.

Nintendo did not reveal how many players would be required to unlock Splatoon's objective modes.

The Japanese game maker also revealed that Ranked Battles would use a dynamic leveling system, one that would match players of similar skill levels in online skirmishes. The system uses letter grades starting from C-. This ranking is independent of player’s overall level.

Nintendo did not reveal how many players would be required to unlock Splatoon's objective modes.

unlock Splatoon's objective modes.

modes.

Looks like they are hiding more than just Splat Zones behind the unlock... Well if they are all objective based, what does that leave? Capture the flag? honestly that seems like a given, but what else who knows

Looks like they are hiding more than just Splat Zones behind the unlock... Well if they are all objective based, what does that leave? Capture the flag? honestly that seems like a given, but what else who knows

You'll probably have the generic shooter modes, capture the flag, along with a few other flag capture modes. Obviously bombs can't be featured in a kids game, so some variation on those gamemodes.

You'll probably have the generic shooter modes, capture the flag, along with a few other flag capture modes. Obviously bombs can't be featured in a kids game, so some variation on those gamemodes.

With how much creativity thats been pumped into this game so far i'd be surprised if they just went with standard third person shooter modes.

With how much creativity thats been pumped into this game so far i'd be surprised if they just went with standard third person shooter modes.

Even the most bizarre presentation and creative skills can be by the books.

Even the most bizarre presentation and creative skills can be by the books.

Yeah I know but it'd be cool if we had some cool modes like a race to the finish where you had to make the best use out of a limited supply of paint and make use of your squid form to get to the end of a map and stuff like that, there's just so much they could do with this gameplay that i'd be pretty saddening if they just settled on the by the books stuff (not that i'm suggesting that will be the case but still).

Yeah I know but it'd be cool if we had some cool modes like a race to the finish where you had to make the best use out of a limited supply of paint and make use of your squid form to get to the end of a map and stuff like that, there's just so much they could do with this gameplay that i'd be pretty saddening if they just settled on the by the books stuff (not that i'm suggesting that will be the case but still).

Well, by no means am I saying, they'll only have generic shooter modes, I'm just saying that at least a few should be expected.

Well, by no means am I saying, they'll only have generic shooter modes, I'm just saying that at least a few should be expected.

Yeah I know, I just have some unbelievably high expectations for this (which I should probably tone down).

You guys, here's something interesting, look at the bottom left corner of the screen

YjuPng3.jpg

Canned messages, but it does make you wonder if there will be a larger extent in the full game

Probably to replace the lack of voice chat in the game, you get context sensitive messages in order to communicate with the team.

Probably to replace the lack of voice chat in the game, you get context sensitive messages in order to communicate with the team.

I would like to point out that canned messages are smart, since the online servers are global, not localized, you could have a team member from Russia, Japan, and Brazil, none who speak english, but with the canned messages all being localized you can still send out basic communication(Global servers, while having the downside of lag, has the advantage of having more players available, which considering the relatively small wii-u userbase means it'll have more players)

edit: Also 60 FPS confirmed

91018-minion-slowly-smiling-gif-sudd-xmr

Dat 60 frames. Dem colours. Ho. Ly. I need this game in my life..! May can't come any sooner I swear! <3

Oh and the Inklings sound adorable and the music is kickass!

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I never really care about voice chat in public games. As for friend matches, well there's always Skype isn't there?

• Thumbs Up 2

God damn, the more I see this game the more I seriously can't wait to play it.

This game is very adorable, i will sure probably get my copy once it released. overall we should do an Skype group for this game.

I really want to host a Splatoon SSMB tournament if it get's enough interest when it's out.

Watch this space, still need to get the MK8 tourney off the ground too, will wait till the final DLC is out though for that.

• Thumbs Up 9