Awoo.

Mario Party 10 (Wii U)

Winston

Some of my favourite mini games. I like more but these are like my top favorites for now. They are the ones I have the most fun with. so far lol.

Ice Slide, You Slide

zl_Cfz_TJWy_J4q_Tm_TCy1.jpg

Balloon Blast Bash

zl_Cfz_TJWv_As_Ggi_Sr_IK.jpg

Bob-omb Bogey

zl_Cfz_TJW4j_MHLIwcb_B.jpg

Rapid River Race

zl_Cfz_TJW1_OUQZewdv6.jpg

Magma Meltdown

zl_Cfz_TJW9v_ISzds1_OC.jpg

Platform Push

zl_Cfz_TJXAMYx_BCzhe_R.jpg

Bob-omb Combo

zl_Cfz_TJXDN8_Fy04q_KT.jpg

Spiked Ball Scramble

zl_Cfz_TJW69_M4_RB5us_O.jpg

Mega Cheep Chomp's Shell Shock

zl_Cfz_TJXOw0b_KLRl_Gd.jpg

Petey's Bomb Battle

zl_Cfz_TJXTCUVMn_PEXm.jpg

Picked up the game and have played through a few boards today... and it's actually not too bad!

I think my hiatus from the Mario Party series since 2007's Mario Party 8 has really helped me find some enjoyment in this one, particularly as I skipped over Mario Party 9 so I'm not going in with any negative preconceptions about the "party bus" gameplay. Sure, the linear boards and vehicle movement is a far cry from the original formula, but it still works well enough and makes the experience a whole lot more streamlined for solo play if nothing else. It definitely shines the brightest in Bowser Party, which I can foresee having plenty of laughs with in multiplayer sessions.

Even Amiibo Party has left me with half-decent impressions, despite scaling down the classic Mario Party approach to a simple Monopoly-style board. It certainly feels like the most "authentic" use of the amiibo to date, actually using the figure in-game and being able to customise it with special tokens and bases, so for novelty value alone it wins some brownie points. I imagine it'll get pretty repetitive if played in long stints, but just for short changes of pace from the normal Mario Party mode, it seems serviceable enough.

Possibly my favourite mode so far though is the Photo Gallery where you can get the characters to pose for pictures that you can them post on Miiverse. Seriously, I've wasted a good chunk of time just messing around, trying to create some cool looking snapshots... for now though, here's one of my three top characters in the game - Mario, Rosalina, and Spike! (who is just so goddam full of personality)

zlCfzTJduV0-3qC7TQ_zpsjz5v1p8k.jpg

So yeah, consider me one pleasantly surprised party-goer for the time being at least. It's not going to set the world alight or anything, but it's a fun little title that no doubt will raise a few smiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario party 10's music is too great, some are pretty boring and forgettable. But I have to say that im starting to warm up to some from this game and actually is kinda catchy.

Surprised no one has uploaded MP10 music yet, I only see one where all music is in one video but I dont wanna search the music like that so I'll just name them.

A few favorites of mine are the halfway point boss battles that all have the same music. There is just a regular one and a speed up version whenever a boss gets mad. I now like both of them. The regular version does not really fit well as a boss theme but Its still catchy and now I dont mind it as much. The speed up version is something I like, it sorta fits better with its up beat music and such. Not better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGF3RmKygQ

Then there is the music which comes from the snow mini games, the jumping and sliding one and the team bobsleigh one where you collect coins. Relaxing tone and its an okay theme for an ice stage. still not better than mp9 snow theme.

I like the main menu theme now. I grown to like it since I hear it every time I play it. and toads room theme. Really nice.

I like the water board music, second portion of the board that is.

I like the music in bowser party when bowser is ferociously running towards the players on the car and destroying anything in his way. I know i'd shit my pants if I see that terrible beast running towards me with that music playing lol (Not really) 

um...I know there is more but I cant remember so These ones I guess are the most memorable ones I like.

Honestly, it would of been better if they just brought some of mp9 mini game music on here since these ones are not as good as that one.

Edit: And now I pretty much done everything in this game a bunch of times, its time to actually get shit done and do some challenges which I actually did most of based on casual play. The ones I need are gonna be a paaain.

*Get 200 points in "Soar to score" * I cant even get 100!!!! ugh this may take awhile lol

Good thing is, I have a reason to play some minigames and since most of these minigames are fun, I'll have some fun doing it. I hope.

One thing I've noticed that I'm not quite sure if I like or not is that, after beating all of the Mario Party boards, any subsequent playthroughs randomly select any of the the mini-boss and boss battle minigames rather than giving you the board-specific ones. I went into Mushroom Park thinking I'd be taking on Mega Goomba and Petey Piranha... I ended up fighting Sumo Bro and Bowser!

Is there any way to disable this function, or are the boss battles indefinitely stuck on this roulette now?

Yea its stuck like that, that's what happen in Mario party 9 so I'm afraid your stuck with those.

Personally I don't mind it cause I still kinda treat them as any other minigame and hope I get the ones I like, which is the mega cheep chomp boss or the Petey piranha boss.

Edit: I think in Mario party 9 we were always able to choose the mini game boss but this one choose the game for you. Unless they give the last place player a chance to choose one.

So yea its still kinda stupid.

There is one thing I don't understand is why is there 2 bowser Jr mini games in the bonus games menu? Both of the mini games are so simple and super easy.

Mario party 9 had waaaaay better bowser Jr mini games and more of it too and appears on the board games. And there's no score of fastest time or highest score its just beating him and that's it. Idk I find it weird

So, is this game worth getting? I haven't played a Mario Party game in years and the past couple of iterations I've played haven't been anything fantastic.

It depends you would probably have to at least like the car mechanic that was introduced in Mario party 9.

If you played Mario party 9 and didn't like it then I say don't buy it because to me this game has less content then Mario party 9. I still enjoy Mario party 10 but it still feels like a really small game. Less boards, less modes, less bonus games, less strategy, more luck, less events, pretty much less everything than Mario party 9. I'd say the highlight of this game are the mini games cause most of them are really fun even some of the bowser minigames.

If you haven't played Mario party 9, I'd say say try that game out instead since it may be cheaper now and easy to get. If you really like it then go for Mario party 10.

Or you can just go straight ahead to Mario party 10 and see if you'll like it.

I'm also hoping for any DLC because this game needs it. It needs more boards especially for bowser party.