Awoo.

Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014

Gabz Girl

It had to be this long till Argentina could get to the semifinals. Of course I'm happy for this and because someone will be having a poster for dinner today

10299511_10152558502824207_1137119463800

I'm sorry but that was cheap putting in a fresh goalie going into penalty round.

No matter you came far Costa Rica. You didn't lose a single regular time match. Tied one in groups and tied in knockouts theb winning in penalty wwith Greece. I'm really proud

Costa Rica did so well holding off Holland. A whole match and extra time, and then the inevitable penalties came...damn, they were one of the greatest teams in the World Cup this year and I hope they will return for the next one.

As for Holland, the tactic of switching the goal keeper for penalties was a clever one and it seemed to work well in LVG's favour so kudos to him! However, I was quite disappointed with Holland's display as the team didn't play that great and couldn't get a ball past CR's goalie Navas. Still, I'm pleased to see them through to semis and I hope they can stand a chance against Argentina.

Holy shit! We're only 30 minutes into the Brazil vs Germany game and already Germany scored four goals!

Edit: Make that five goals now.

Oh, I didn't know they'd already started filming Space Jam 2. The decision to change it from the victims of the Monstars being NBA stars to the Brazilian football team is a weird one, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I tried to think in a witty comment to do, but nothing can match what happened today today.

But somehow I do not feel bad, though I still would like a different result.

Brazil is actually getting their ass whooped in the World Cup? What kind of sorcerery is this?!!

The injury of Neymar and the suspension of Thiago Silva sure was a fatal blow to Brazil's team

Match-fixing. Calling it. D=

Haha, no Brazil are just shit. They've overachieved to reach the semi-finals and are being taught a football lesson by Germany.

Not that Germany are unbeatable. I'd fantasy Holland to give them a decent game.

I'd like to see a German vs Holland final.

EDIT: and now it's 6-0.

Haha, no Brazil are just shit. They've overachieved to reach the semi-finals and are being taught a football lesson by the German's.

Not that Germany are unbeatable. I'd fantasy Holland to give them a decent fight.

I'd like to see a German vs Holland final.

I rather have Argentina. Don't want an European final, we got Euro championships for that.

Okay now it's getting ridiculous.

For Germany.

I know it's vital to make a lot of goals and ensure the victory, but this is really too much!

Do they even know what "sportsmanship" means?

The brazillian fans are giving Germany cheers.

Wow. 

Okay now it's getting ridiculous.

For Germany.

I know it's vital to make a lot of goals and ensure the victory, but this is really too much!

Do they even know what "sportsmanship" means?

They want to break records. They also want to show Argentina or Netherlands that they are the boss.

And to think that Brazil has to show again to play the match for the third place... I feel sad for them ph34r.png

Germany have been so professional in this game. You'd think this second half they would coast, but no. Players still making darting runs forward, great skill for the seventh goal, disciplined defending, pass and move...it is a masterclass.

In amongst all this, we've forgot that Miroslav Klose is now the all-time leading World Cup Goalscorer.

Neymar and Silva would not have changed much. The first goal would have been prevented probably, but it would still have been one-sided.

EDIT - oh, Brazil scored. As the commentator just said "Oscar, scores the most pointless of World Cup goals". But the German players' reactions just reinforces my point about their attitude.

Brazil can still win if they catch the Snitch, right?

I mean, the score's 7-1 now. They can avoid a Krum situation here.

Oh, wait, time's called. nvm

• Thumbs Up 1

fussball-facepalm-2014.jpg

Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that this logo appeared to look like a facepalm. Clearly that's what all of the Brazilians are doing right now after seeing their own soccer team get their ass handed to them. Seven times over. On their home turf (with five goals in the first half hour, no less!) in the very stadium the government poured billions of dollars into creating, in spite of all of the protests waged against it and the subsequent government crackdowns against them. laugh.png

Haven't seen a no holds barred beatdown this bad since the Seattle Seahawks bitchslapped the Denver Broncos at the Super Bowl earlier this year.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow 7:1. That's crazy. Would've been nice if it was 7:0, but uhhhh... good for Brazil, I guess.

Found a few funny pictures on GAF:

image8puwh.jpg

BsDV6HUCQAA6cM9.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

So...that's what happens when Neymar and Silva are not there to save their precious football team.

Dayum Germany kicked their asses. XD I thought for a minute it was going to be 10-0 by the second half, and it almost was! Seriously, I'm impressed by the Germany team. As for the Brazilians, I feel sorry for all the supporters since they looked really upset after the beat down Germany gave 'em but the football team itself was not that amazing at all. They got through to the semis by pure luck and of course lots and LOTS of fouls. So it's right to see a fair team like Germany go to the final instead of the team that wasn't so great to begin with.

Now I really want Holland to beat Argentina so we can get our Germany vs Holland final...and REVENGE (for Holland)! XP