Awoo.

The Mario Kart TV Thread

Willsy

So this was the highlight for my final 3-star ranking gotten. I saved this for last exactly because of how hard I consider this game's Rainbow Road to be on 150cc... I had to go all out on my drifting to win, and also not get screwed too much with the rng, of course.

kept because at one point, I got a freaking boost from Toad bumping into me. I want to know how that happened, because that's kind of cool.

When in anti-gravity mode, it appears bumping into another kart spins you and actually gives you a quick boost. That is a really nice little detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlt5lNuEtI

I really love Mario Kart Stadium, it's easily my favourite opening track in the series. It's that perfect mix between simple and intricate, not too linear, not too confusing. I just flat-out adore it. Also helps that the music rocks the hell out and the graphics are beautiful to look at.

Me having fun with Ludwig's laugh

Having fun with Ludwig's laugh: http://youtu.be/0KdO3ifQx5k

I am having too much fun with MKTV. More fun than what is humanly possible, even if it is editing them via Movie Maker with some issues.

Waluigi on the Mario Circuit GBA is not mine but a COM because Ludwig in first place was so dull as a replay.

Only got one MKTV clip so far. It's a clip of me playing with my team against another team from the community I usually visit, somewhere in the end of the afternoon on Day 1.

It was the last race of the entire match (we do 3 GPs) and we were feeling pretty unmotivated since we lost GPs 1 and 2 by a bit. It's not a very amusing clip by most standards (can't compete with Luigi's Death Stare xD), but what made this race really interesting is that we managed to get 5 out of 6 players take the top 5 spots... and gain just enough points to turn the tables and win the game!

For a test to see how team games fare in MK8 it was really fun and memorable. tongue.png

Well this is from today's Daily Tournament, I managed to actually not totally suck and stay on Soniko's tail for most of the race and eventually clinch a victory!

I got wrecked in that tournament, I kept getting hid by randomly tossed backwards green shells. I know why Soniko fears them now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually in the Daily Tourney, though I wasn't aware you guys were racing. I'll come on tomorrow then. :)

Honestly, outside of Red Shells/Triple Red Shells, Green shells are the utmost worst items in this game from their ridiculous reach and endurance, triple green shells will always land at least one hit on you from ricocheting, it's bullshit.

Nice work Jolt keeping up with me on Electrodrome is impressive since it's my favourite track outside of Wario Stadium, you got lucky with items at the end there, triple reds I stood no chance against so close to the finish line ha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU8J1XObDI 

Tried a round of battle mode online with Spindash, Jimbo, Winston, Felix and me, this was the best one out of it. I was Peach, Jimbo was Luigi, Winston was Iggy, Spindash was Daisy and Felix was well, Felix. Got some good ridiculous snipes with green shells on Winston in the start, but the ending was best as I sniped him with a green shell when he had his final balloon, and you can just see me driving past waving, haha.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I know now. They last forever, so for all I know the person in first threw one, it missed the intended target, then hit me way back in 7th when I couldn't even see the person in front of me anyway.

Well this is from today's Daily Tournament, I managed to actually not totally suck and stay on Soniko's tail for most of the race and eventually clinch a victory!

*video of my ass getting handed to me*

Off all the races you had to post you posted my worse one. XD Anyways, I had a great time with you all today. You weren't lying about Felix and Mount Wario. Going to have to step up my game for tomorrow.

On the whole new "technique" found... eh, I don't think it's game breaking by any means, especially compared to snaking. I could go either way in terms of it being patched out or not. I probably wouldn't even use it anyway since I'm pretty sure the bike I use can't do it. If people are skilled enough to pull it off then they're probably already winning their matches anyway. :/

I'll leave you all with these. Don't know if they've been posted yet. *gifs*

e8qQJOc.gif

FmO3ryp.gif

Well, I don't think we really have to worry about it playing in the community Tournaments and friend matches anyway. We did a good job with a gentleman/lady's agreement to not do that Maka Wuhu crap in the 7 community.

So I just watched this and...

9e2e7ef8395d8eeb1c50bbc7a41146dd.png

"I WAS-A NUMBER ONE BACK THEN AND I'M-A NUMBER ONE NOW-A BITCH"

• Thumbs Up 3

Nothing really exciting or funny happened in this race, but it was one of the best races I've had so far in MK8. Both of us were pretty far from the pack by the 2nd lap and it was neck and neck throughout.

Though I can say that the mid-air green shell hit at the end was pretty cool, so there is that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Four races on Vs. edited into one video all with Wario including some bizarre hits I took on Royal Raceway because that race was nuts from start to finish. Somehow Mario Kart and 70's rock go well together.

Music is Highway Star. Cause that's what Wario is.

I am having too much fun making these.

If anyone wants to check out the single raw videos of each race, they are on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8PaT4f-0IQ

I made a sex tape for our very own little Feetlicks.

Enjoy!

But nah seriously, have a run I tried of Mount Wario. I bloody need it with how many times it gets picked with all of us online, lmao.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8PaT4f-0IQ

I made a sex tape for our very own little Feetlicks.

I'm pretty sure Mount Wario is located in Arendelle. Because Felix just can't let it go. *bricked*

By the way, captured this today:

http://youtu.be/q3tiQD6it5M

I swear the coin noise in slow motion is fucking terrifying. Goes perfectly with death stare.

Also, here's me tearing up Rainbow Road on 150cc:

http://youtu.be/Pv7wqEBeGuA

I kept that Super Horn the whole time. Didn't use it until I discharged it at the end of the race.

The Green Shell at the end was nothing short of legendary aim. I reckon, anyway. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

So just to clarify, there's no way of doing slow motion and effects when you upload to Youtube?

I just watched a replay of the SSMB tournament, I was racing Mick and unfortunately...she was fire hopping. I ask that you please not do that as it's not fair to players who prefer inward drifting vehicles (they can't fire hop). I'll post the replay later if people think I'm full of bull. It's not a constant thing like the Wario Time trial we first saw it in, but it was done.

I've tried fire hopping offline and I can't seem to be able to do it. Good, that means it's somewhat difficult to do in rapid succession, and it would be especially harder in online where you have other players to worry about.

Even if I do learn how to fire hop, I won't use it in any of the online features, since it wouldn't be fair on other players.