Awoo.

Animated Spider-Man Series General Discussion

Brad

It's a shame that Ultimate Spider-Man (the show) is full of a lot of good ideas, but the execution falls pretty flat. Even if Marvel didn't have the rights to continue Spectacular, it would have been better for everyone had they simply made another series similar in tone and spirit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spider-Girl's pose there is hilarious.

Yeah, I'm getting some Eschergirls vibes with that one. It appears that she'll likely be the "Ms. Fanservice" of this season.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm kinda sold on Spider-Ham.

The idea is so unbelievably stupid it might bring the show back around the other side and make it entertaining for all of the wrong reasons.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm kinda sold on Spider-Ham.

The idea is so unbelievably stupid it might bring the show back around the other side and make it entertaining for all of the wrong reasons.

They already aired an episode about Spider-ham I think it was in Season 1.

Yea, Peter was turned into him after eating an enchanted hotdog from Loki....yea.

I feel like Ultimate Spider-Man gets some more hate than it deserves. Admittedly, it can be pretty cheesy and the silly feeling on the show is one that would fit Deadpool better than Spidey, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun watching it anyways.

It's still not Spectacular Spider-Man by any means though, which is a phenomenal cartoon in its own right.

• Thumbs Up 1

They already aired an episode about Spider-ham I think it was in Season 1.

Yea, Peter was turned into him after eating an enchanted hotdog from Loki....yea.

Then that makes the idea of making him a mainstay character even more stupid / even better.

You guys do know that Spiderham was one of Marvel's 70's/80's what-if comics right? he does exist in an alternate timeline, he's been glanced at whenever inter-timeline travel happens to spidey, but this will be the first time we have a long term encounter between him and main spidey as far as I know

So hey you guys, I just watched the first 3 episodes of the season, and apparently the interdimensional spidey arc isn't for a while, they are actually doing the new warriors initiative first, and the first one to happen was Agent Venom. Oh and Spidey is battling task master to get these new heroes first

the first episode of this arc(after the 2 episodes with the avengers) isn't too bad either, but I have decent tolerence

Oh boy, I can't wait to see how they'll ruin Miles Morales... Why does this show get a THIRD season and Spectacular Spider-Man doesn't?! Why couldn't Sony have just given up the movie rights to Marvel/Disney instead of the television rights? -_-

MarvelDisney.jpg So here we have another look at the upcoming Spider-cast. Also the Guardians of the Galaxy are getting a show it seems.

• 11 months later...

It's coming back, with a new title. Sigh.

Ultimate Spider-Man will feature the collection of villains known as The Sinister Six, as that team joins forces with Doctor Octopus and Hydra, and several new baddies in Spidey's rogues gallery. Now titled Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six, the show will see Spider-Man fighting evil with the help of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Venom, Iron Spider, Miles Morales, and the newly introduced Scarlet Spider.

Both are scheduled to premiere in 2016.

can you hear the bump echo

Eh, I'm not too bothered. Miles being a regular is cool, at least, and I've been meaning to catch up since apparently the show gets at least a little better.

On the other hand, fuck Drake Bell, lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'm not too bothered. Miles being a regular is cool, at least, and I've been meaning to catch up since apparently the show gets at least a little better.

On the other hand, fuck Drake Bell, lmao

I think Drake Bell does spidey's voice pretty well, also the show has gotten more interesting, whats nice is that they don't necessarily stick to the staple of heroes and villains, heck in the latter half of the current season Squirrel girl is something of a regular

No offence. But it sounds like Drake talking normally. When I watch him in Ultimate Spider-Man, I just wonder when Tiger is going to call him a boob and Josh will walk in.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he might have been referring to his recent transphobic comments, lmao.

He always sounds like his voice is cracking and midway through puberty though so

• Thumbs Up 1