Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

Project Cars on Wii U being delayed to 2015 is so stupid.

The hype will be over.

It will be over-priced.

It will be inferior to the other versions (well, it is already)

People who wanted the game would already buy it for a different platform.

It's a huge mess and it's going to bomb in sales. Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, and now Project Cars.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”

Heard about this from Kaabii a few days ago. It's even more pathetic because, apparently, the Wii U version IS the best version! That's what the creators themselves said, the ones who started Project CARS on Kickstarter.

But of course Bamco decides to delay it for God knows how long and it's pathetic because there are hardly ANY racing games on the bloody Wii U, unlike the other consoles which have got a lot of racing games coming out at the end of the year. I swear when gaming companies decide to make these delays specifically for Wii U, it's like they do it on purpose. To prove this; "See? SEE? Games don't sell on Wii U! Nintendooooomed!"

• Thumbs Up 1

We haven't even seen a single screenshot or trailer for the Wii U version.

It probably doesn't even exist yet.  mellow.png 

Heard about this from Kaabii a few days ago. It's even more pathetic because, apparently, the Wii U version IS the best version! That's what the creators themselves said, the ones who started Project CARS on Kickstarter.

But of course Bamco decides to delay it for God knows how long and it's pathetic because there are hardly ANY racing games on the bloody Wii U, unlike the other consoles which have got a lot of racing games coming out at the end of the year. I swear when gaming companies decide to make these delays specifically for Wii U, it's like they do it on purpose. To prove this; "See? SEE? Games don't sell on Wii U! Nintendooooomed!"

It WAS the best console version before they cancelled the PS3/360 versions and moved to PS4/Xbone. Now it's basically the worst one but hopefully, like Driveclub (also hopefully), the 30 FPS doesn't totally hinder the games playability.

At least with Driveclub, that game is going to look phenomenal. The limitation this is going to be 30fps.

With Project Cars, they're not even focusing on the Wii U version anymore. No screens or gameplay footage and now a delay. It probably took a backseat once they cancelled the PS360 versions.

Oh, I didn't know it was originally coming to 360/PS3. Nor that there are no screenshots or vids of the Wii U version. Erf, I guess there is a reason to be concerned then. =|

And oh wow, dat Earthbound deal. I'm definitely going to get the game now!

It is a shame regarding Project Cars to be delayed since it is pretty much the only simulation based racing game on the console and one of the few racing games on the Wii U (on top of which one of the few good ones if it also counts the Wii games on the Wii U). This game is the first simulation racing game since F1 2009 on the Wii (2009), the first to have cars since Ferrari Challenge on the Wii (2008) and the first to have standard cars since R: Racing Evolution on the Gamecube (2003) that has been a long time at least on Nintendo home consoles. There were plenty of arcade based games but very few simulation based which makes it interesting. A part of me is saying that it got cancelled due to that there hasn't been any progress shown and it seems Slightly Mad had a change of plans (originally it was PS3/360/Wii U and PC, with the latter two being the best in terms of performance) due to the new consoles scrapping the old ones making it easier to develop. Well at least the older consoles do have some alternatives with GRID Autosport just been released and probably the new consoles benefit for more games. The PC version looks great and at some points almost life like however my laptop will not be able to run it so the only option for me would be the Wii U. If it doesn't get released then it is pretty much good bye to the Wii U since the remaining games either do not appeal to my tastes despite being most likely to be good games, unsure how Mario Maker/Mario vs. Donkey Kong Wii U are going to be released (eShop?) and still not sure regarding Bayonetta. Also there hasn't been any update on The 90s Arcade Racer for a while and might be a case of US only.

The plus is that there might be a chance if it does come out next year to have upgraded to 60fps and have a game that while would be cutdown compared to the other systems to at least be strong enough to stand on its own. As far as I'm aware, this is Slightly Mad's first Wii U game and sometimes knowing a system can take longer to get the grasps (then again they did work on 3 PS3 games so it might not apply here?).  I don't blame Bamco since they are just the distributors in this case (like Codemasters who publish and develop their own games but Bamco distribute the games). Just have to wait until SMS decide and annouce more news.

Just picked up a used U off craigslist! Woo hoo! I'm ready for Smash Bros! ... well almost.. Need the parental pin and the seller isn't replying :P

• 8 months later...

Time for some necromancy on this side.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39906/splatoon-yoshis-woolly-world-european-release-dates-leaked

If a (now removed) release list on Nintendo of Europe’s website is correct, then Splatoon is coming to Europe on May 29 and Yoshi’s Woolly World is launching on June 26.

Splatoon was previously confirmed to launch in May. The May 29 date is almost the exact same day as when Mario Kart 8 launched last year. Yoshi’s Woolly World was most recently set for release in the first half of 2015. If Woolly World launched on June 26, then it would just sneak into the first half of 2015.

Additionally, the listing mentioned that Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush and the Puzzle and Dragons Dual Pack are coming on May 8, and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M is set for release on May 15.

Legggooooooooooooo.

op9HToL.jpg

I don't know where they're getting the idea that Yoshi's Woolly World is releasing on Jun 26. The only game on the list with a release date on that day is Yoshi's Woolley World.

May is pretty full. Kirby should've been April.

• Thumbs Up 2

May is looking game heavy there, which is annoying because I want Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M. AND Kirby. Why oh why did they have to delay Kirby to a month that also has those games? ><

My gaming backlog is beginning to look like a serious problem.  I don't know what I'd do if I owned a console as well as a handheld.  It's kind of silly that I'm actually hoping for a dry spell later in the year.

May is looking game heavy there, which is annoying because I want Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M. AND Kirby. Why oh why they did they have to delay Kirby to a month that also has those games? ><

Now you feel the pain I felt prior to Arkham Knight's three week delay. ;)

Hi all :) I haven't had a Wii U for very long so I have very few games for it and was wondering if any of you could recommend some games to me :)

I'm not fussed on the genre although I'm not that keen on medieval themes. I'm also not keen on turn based combat unless it's creative and fun :)

Games I own,

3D World

Treasure Tracker

New Mario Bros. U

Mario Kart 8

Smash Bros. U

Games I'm getting,

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Games I'm considering,

Bayonetta 1 & 2

Thanks in advance :)

Wind Waker HD, even though it's a remake, is absolutely wonderful. The best thing about that game are the new Gamepad functions such as the map which makes the game a breeze to play and the special sail you get later on, which allows you to sail much faster and not having to pull out the bloody Wind Waker every 2 minutes. If you've never played Legend of Zelda before, I think it's a good starting point.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guarantee this is a fucking Vine thing. Makin' trap remixes of everything.

EDIT: Didn't check the article, ofc it's a Vine thing. Look at this trap mix.

Still waiting until they release N64 and gamecube library. man it could be awesome to play these games on the wii u pro controller.

Hi all :) I haven't had a Wii U for very long so I have very few games for it and was wondering if any of you could recommend some games to me :)

I'm not fussed on the genre although I'm not that keen on medieval themes. I'm also not keen on turn based combat unless it's creative and fun :)

Games I own,

3D World

Treasure Tracker

New Mario Bros. U

Mario Kart 8

Smash Bros. U

Games I'm getting,

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Games I'm considering,

Bayonetta 1 & 2

Thanks in advance :)

Well, I don't know if I'm good for recommendations, but I'll try...

Do you have the game based on The Amazing Spider-Man on the PS3 or 360? If not, the Wii U version has all the DLC on the disk. Though there is a lot of screen tearing for no good reason, but it's good otherwise.

Have you tried any Dynasty Warriors-type games? Hyrule Warriors is enjoyable, though if what I'm hearing about the Dynasty Warriors series is true, if you don't like that series, Hyrule Warriors won't change your mind. Still, if you haven't tried one, it's something to consider.

Game & Wario is a good one, especially Gamer, but it's a love-it-or-hate-it title, so my recommendation is that if you buy it, you don't buy it at full retail price.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

I know Zelda isn't coming out this year but this is the LOWEST this bundle has gone. It's usually $225 (with shipping) but now it's $205 (with shipping). $205 for a Deluxe bundle is a STEAL. There's even a chance it could come with Mario 3D World.

If you don't even have a Wii U, why would you be that concerned over Zelda anyway? You've got a LOT of games to catch up on if you're buying that.

So, does anyone know what is optimal for increased storage on the Wii U? I'm getting the Tropical Freeze elite reward and figured it was time to expand.

Should I go with a flash drive or an externally powered unit?