Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

I beat X8 yesterday after locking myself up in my room to play it.

Things I like:

Female navigators! Female playable characters in Mega Man are always a good thing.

Even though nearly every stage is a gimmick, as I pointed out above, you're always constantly moving and the game makes interesting use of the obstacles compared to X5.

Axl is fun to use. He's like if Bass from RM&F was in the X series, except he didn't suck. I feel sorry for all the hate he got with X7; X8 did a good job with his character and his gameplay.

Bosses are fun, even if they can make you tear your hair out sometimes.

Things I don't like:

Metal farming. Thank god there's a glitch that gets you infinite metal. Farming in games is always dumb.

Vehicle stages. I can understand having one of them, but did we seriously need Gigavolt's flying section?

Some areas are designed to be way too frustrating. A few examples are the puzzle room in Antonion's stage and the very long spike-infested section before you fight Sigma for the last time.

I think it's a pretty good game. I wish its levels were more to the style of X1 and X4, but X8 does a good job at handling (most of) its gimmick stages anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite me being annoyed to a very small degree that Command Mission took place in some random city instead of expanding a bit on the setting of the rest of the X games, I really liked what it was, especially the original characters it introduced.

And speaking about Axl, it's really too bad about the fact that being introduced a bad game soured him to a lot of people, since he was much better in CM and X8.

Axl is one of my favorite characters in the series if only because of his X8 portrayal. His characterization (and voice) is worlds above his role in X7, and the gameplay style is different enough from X's, while still managing to be very fun on its own. Part of the reason I want to try out Command Mission now is because of Axl. (The other reason is the female cast, natch.) I know he's supposedly pretty terrible in X7, but I think the other two games redeemed him enough, and it's the only reason why I think it's a shame that the X series is over, since I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

I don't want to buy any new games for a while, but Command Mission might be next on my list. It looks alright as far as the genre is concerned, but I know a friend who loves it and recommends it to me and I'm willing to take her word for it.

X8 is also on the PC by the way, so if you somehow ever get your hands on it, there's that option. It might even run better due to the occasional slowdown in the PS2 version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh snap, I was never aware of a PC version. I still won't be able to play X7, but I don't think I am missing much there.

Axl is one of my favorite characters in the series if only because of his X8 portrayal. His characterization (and voice) is worlds above his role in X7, and the gameplay style is different enough from X's, while still managing to be very fun on its own. Part of the reason I want to try out Command Mission now is because of Axl. (The other reason is the female cast, natch.) I know he's supposedly pretty terrible in X7, but I think the other two games redeemed him enough, and it's the only reason why I think it's a shame that the X series is over, since I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

I don't want to buy any new games for a while, but Command Mission might be next on my list. It looks alright as far as the genre is concerned, but I know a friend who loves it and recommends it to me and I'm willing to take her word for it.

X8 is also on the PC by the way, so if you somehow ever get your hands on it, there's that option. It might even run better due to the occasional slowdown in the PS2 version.

It's hard as all hell.

It's hard as all hell.

I'll have to disagree. Command Mission is relatively easy, especially if you know the Boss enemies weaknesses. I will say this though... that hidden boss, 9 tails, is fucking HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD and sometimes mocks those who challenge him before they are ready, with doing shit such as reviving your party members and healing you XD

I'll have to disagree. Command Mission is relatively easy, especially if you know the Boss enemies weaknesses. I will say this though... that hidden boss, 9 tails, is fucking HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD and sometimes mocks those who challenge him before they are ready, with doing shit such as reviving your party members and healing you XD

I just think the fact that E tanks are the healing method in the game is shit. Made Rafflesia a real bitch.

I got X8 yesterday, it's pretty awesome so far, with the exception of Gigabolt Man-O-War's stage, and I'd say it's one of my favorite games in the X series.

I just think the fact that E tanks are the healing method in the game is shit. Made Rafflesia a real bitch.

you can extend your E tanks but I do agree, having that as one, if not the only, method of healing was a pain.

you can extend your E tanks but I do agree, having that as one, if not the only, method of healing was a pain.

Well, it's not your only method of healing, there's also having Cinnamon on your team.

Also, Marino = <3

Why has no one posted this video in this topic?

Because It belongs in the Street Fighter X Tekken topic.

I saw this a while back but forgot about it until now.

Awesome stuff. Chocked full of references and SYMBOLISM to past events and battles with inner demons. It also does something even better than the actual fight in Zero 3: X helping Zero fight Omega with the power of friendship.

• Thumbs Up 6

Both X7 and X8 have PC versions, but neither of them made it to America (or even Europe?). While X7 was a very bad port, X8 held up and runs surprisingly better than it's Ps2 counterpart and at a much higher resolution. I have the disc here somewhere.

It's also worth noting that X7's PC version isn't translated and only has the option to play it in Japanese while X8's has options for both English and Japanese.

In retrospect I probably should have tried looking for the PC version. The PS2 one isn't bad, but I just saw a copy of the Korean PC version of X8 on eBay and I'm kicking myself for not having seen it before.

Having the English voices is a plus, too. I wouldn't have even bothered with it if it was just Japanese.

In retrospect I probably should have tried looking for the PC version. The PS2 one isn't bad, but I just saw a copy of the Korean PC version of X8 on eBay and I'm kicking myself for not having seen it before.

Having the English voices is a plus, too. I wouldn't have even bothered with it if it was just Japanese.

If I learned anything from Mega Man 8, Mega Man games have crappy voices. Even though Maverick Hunter X had a good cast.

X sounded awesome :)

Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man X8, and Command Mission all have good voices. Capcom stepped up their game with the later titles. It helps that they were all done by one group as opposed to constantly changing actors like before.

Many of the old voices (bar X7) weren't all that bad within the actual gameplay, either. Mega Man's voice in MM8 during levels fits him well enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man X8, and Command Mission all have good voices. Capcom stepped up their game with the later titles. It helps that they were all done by one group as opposed to constantly changing actors like before.

Indeed they have. Well, just one question.

Do any of you think that a Mega Man anime is possible these days?

If I learned anything from Mega Man 8, Mega Man games have crappy voices. Even though Maverick Hunter X had a good cast.

X sounded awesome smile.png

Ugh, the voice acting in that game is terrible. I really hated Mega Man's English voice. He sounds like Astro from the 1980's Astro Boy series, but worse. And don't get me started on Dr. Light's voice.

Ugh, the voice acting in that game is terrible. I really hated Mega Man's English voice. He sounds like Astro from the 1980's Astro Boy series, but worse. And don't get me started on Dr. Light's voice.

Doctor WAHWEE! Hahaha!

Hey, it could be that, or Mega Man screaming!

NOO!!

Doctor WAHWEE! Hahaha!

Hey, it could be that, or Mega Man screaming!

NOO!!

Edited by Arle985

Ugh, the voice acting in that game is terrible. I really hated Mega Man's English voice. He sounds like Astro from the 1980's Astro Boy series, but worse.

And then they reused the same actor for X in X4, I think.

At least it was better in CM/X8/MHX when they had Mark Gatha voice him, though a bit of G Gundam nostalgia might be affecting that a bit. It's a little bit disappointing that he won't reprise that role, but he's doing more important things now (he's a doctor).

Edited by Ekaje