Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

It has it's moments.

People will tell you to get it just to be able to play as Vile. Honestly? Vile plays like shit, and his weapons are mainly a joke. His level design is also completely fucking counter-productive when paired with his gameplay. The opening stage is a real shitbitch to play, and it just gets worse.

Also, MAverick Hunter X can be downloaded from PSN for like $9.99

Vile's not that bad, he is essentially suppose to be the hard mode for the game and even though I don't like using him that much myself he is still pretty cool to use though I think the reason why they made him the way they made him is because he is suppose to be a literal war machine, powerful but slow and easily taken down unlike x who can do things better without all of the tools that vile has.

Maverick Hunter X was a great remake; didn't fuck up what makes the original Mega Man X the classic it is while introducing more story elements, nice 2.5D graphics, some really great music remixes and giving us the option to play as a character we never played as in the X series.  Sure, it was quite easy when compared to the original (which of itself is one of the easer Mega Man games out there) and it didn't have nearly as much additions as Powered Up had, but its a very solid remake that I would have happy payed 10 bucks for (didn't have to thanks to PS Plus; looks great on the Vita biggrin.png)

Thanks for the advice you guys, I was just thinking of keeping my eye out because Best buy sometimes has a half decent used game section, and I might check the  (somewhat evil) gamestop as well, just htought powered up might be good to pick up as I have 2 road trips coming up XD if I managed to find metal slug anthology as well now that would be awesome

I was already running by BB which is about a half hour away from me to pick up my new wii-u remote

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Part of me wishes MHX would have been more successful so we could have say a more well told story than what was done originally (where everything kinda falls apart with X6), not to mention the updated art and shit, because honestly all of the pre-X4 art (specifically for the Maverikcs) look dated as fuq.

Same goes for Powered Up, though im not sure if I was 100% with the whole Chibi art style, but hey it at least gave the Robot Masters personalities and the ability to play as them (a aspect that was absent from 9 and 10 for some reason).

Part of me wishes MHX would have been more successful so we could have say a more well told story than what was done originally (where everything kinda falls apart with X6), not to mention the updated art and shit, because honestly all of the pre-X4 art (specifically for the Maverikcs) look dated as fuq.

Same goes for Powered Up, though im not sure if I was 100% with the whole Chibi art style, but hey it at least gave the Robot Masters personalities and the ability to play as them (a aspect that was absent from 9 and 10 for some reason).

Now playing as robot masters does sound like fun.... Say I just had a funny little thought, you know how we are suppossed to get a megaman related news on thursday, well heres a thought: The original ducktales game used the original megaman engine, so if the updated game uses an updated engine, what if they used that engine to develop remastered megaman games? just a thought

Now playing as robot masters does sound like fun.... Say I just had a funny little thought, you know how we are suppossed to get a megaman related news on thursday, well heres a thought: The original ducktales game used the original megaman engine, so if the updated game uses an updated engine, what if they used that engine to develop remastered megaman games? just a thought

Now, that's a great idea biggrin.png

Besides, this year is the Blue Bombers anniversary (even though Capcom apparently forgot about it) so there has to be a new Mega Man game this year, whenever it is a new classic game, X game or any one.  Maybe they can go the Generations route and have Classic Megaman team up with X and take out robot masters throughout those respective series (with alternate paths in every level for X and Classic).  That wouldn't require a ton of work (take some of the more memorable bosses in the series, give them the Ducktails treatment, re-use some of the base assets and copy the gameplay from Megaman 9/10 and the X4) and you have all the tools to make a great anniversary game :)

That does sound like a good idea and it would be nice if it could attract more people to the fanbase and show capcom that people still care about our little blue guy (megaman).

Megaman announcement at Comic-Con 2013?

Capcom is rolling like a tank at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, and will showcase a wide range of its forthcoming titles — including Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and DuckTales Remastered.

However, it's the tantalising promise of fresh information regarding Mega Man's 25th Anniversary that caught our eye. After warning fans to "keep expectations in check" last year, Capcom has remained tight-lipped about how it intends to mark the occasion of Mega Man's birthday, although the fact that he has been included in the upcoming Smash Bros. game for Wii U and 3DS hints that big things could be happening behind closed doors.

Megaman Legends 3 resurrected for Wii-U

As long as it's not a shitty iOS game or an announcement of an announcement (a Sega)

• Thumbs Up 3

I want to get excited, but ive been burned to many times to not expect the worst.

So Capcom, do whatever you want, but if this somehow ends up being something brilliant, then ill be hyped.

Mega Man 11. Developed by fans and with Capcom's cooperation.

Whatever this announcement may be, I'm not putting my bets on it being something I'll give a shit about. I don't care enough about Mega Man anymore to be let down.

Megaman is in Smash

Anything's possible

Expectations are low as fuck for this

Edit: Hey remember when at PAX Capcom hinted towards developing a MM game

Guess this is it.

Edited by Nintendoga

So Capcom are hinting at a new Mega Man game?  I thought that was obvious when Nintendo announced the Blue Bomber's appearance in Smash.  I didn't expect it to be so soon (when Pit was unveiled in Brawl, it took about 3-4 years till Uprising came out), but I do hope its a great game; Mega Man fits so many types of games that him in anything would be awesome. 

I don't know if this is stupid or not, but how would you guys feel about a Insomniac developed Mega Man game?  The Ratchet games have awesome weapons and its gameplay (tweaked to fit Mega Man abilities the slide, Rush's powers, and the series infamous difficulty) would be a great fit for Mega Man.  I would imagine they would re-boot the classic series with Mega Man traveling to different worlds to take out the robot masters across Mega Man 1-3 (27 levels and bosses would be perfect length for game) and implementing weapon upgrades similar to the Ratchet games (come on, who would not want to see a tricked out version of the Metal Blade :)) alongside hidden weapons based off of other classic Capcom games (like how you have to hunt for parts of the RYNO weapons in the Ratchet series).  If any developer can bring the classic series into the modern age effectively, I would have to say Insomniac would be the best fit to bring the Blue Bomber into 3D on the Wii U, PS4, and the X1. 

I watched Megaman NT Warrior in Japanese, known as Rockman Exe, and I really enjoyed it. He's my favorite Rockman. I tried one of Rockman games once as a demo I think, but didn't really care for it. I think I just need to try it again.

I recently, partially thanks to Project X Zone and looking back on what gaming has lost in favour of gritty cinematic games, started wanting to get into Mega Man a lot more. Thus far I've only ever owned 2 megaman games.. ZX on DS, and 2 on Wii VC. It's the 50Hz version, so I was never able to enjoy it, and I'm hesitant to buy it again when I know a classic collection exists.. even if the classic collection is more expensive than buying them all separately 8l.

But for now, I've ordered MegaMan Zero Collection, which was surprisingly cheap considering it never came out in UK. It just makes me really sad that Capcom are really doing fuck-all with MegaMan, when before 2010 they would release games starring him really regularly.

I still get sad to this day that MML3 was cancelled, that must have been the biggest kick in the nuts to MML fans who'd been waiting all this time. It'd be like Shenmue III finally being confirmed, and then cancelled a bit later.

So I really hope Capcom keep making MegaMan games. And I don't just mean giving official branding to fan 8-bit games, or even just making more 8-bit games, I want to see more stuff like X, Zero and ZX that plays with or expands the classic formula. Heck even another 3D venture like Legends would be amazing at this point in time, though I can't say the idea of an MM FPS appealed to me.

MEGAMAN GENERATIONS

50% CLASSIC MEGAMAN

50% MEGAMAN X

100% AWESOME

YOUR FAVORITE MEGAMAN STAGES REIMAGINED IN BEAUTIFUL HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS

AND INCLUDING A DEMO FOR MEGAMAN X9

COMING THIS DECE- I'm going to go cry now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Haha part of me wouldn't mind a Mega Man Generations esque game, because it's at least SOMETHING, not to mention said game would be of decent length.

• Thumbs Up 3

MEGAMAN GENERATIONS

50% MORE FUCKING CLASSIC MEGA MAN

50% KIND OF BUT NOT REALLY MEGA MAN X

100% MEDIOCRITY 

YOUR FAVORITE MEGAMAN STAGES BUTCHERED IN BEAUTIFUL HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS

AND INCLUDING A DEMO FOR MEGAMAN X7 HD iOS

CANCELLED THIS DECE- I'm going to go cry now.

Fixed

But yeah, I'm in the same boat as Sean. I'll just stick to X1,2, and 4 for my Murga Mayn fill.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

But for now, I've ordered MegaMan Zero Collection, which was surprisingly cheap considering it never came out in UK. It just makes me really sad that Capcom are really doing fuck-all with MegaMan, when before 2010 they would release games starring him really regularly.

Mega Man Zero is an excellent series. It takes the design philosophy of the first four Mega Man X games and cranks them up to absurd degrees, placing more emphasis than ever on speedy run and gun platforming. Unlike the other timelines, Capcom never whored Zero out more than they had to; the first three games get better as they go, while the fourth game starts out as a seemingly needless (but still great) installment but it ends on such a high note that it deserves the praise nonetheless.

The DS collection is great for having all four games on one cart and having a nice array of extra features, including the Zero 3 e-reader card features and reinstating a Japanese song in the fourth game that the localized GBA version removed. You're in for a treat.

Mega Man Zero is an excellent series. It takes the design philosophy of the first four Mega Man X games and cranks them up to absurd degrees, placing more emphasis than ever on speedy run and gun platforming. Unlike the other timelines, Capcom never whored Zero out more than they had to; the first three games get better as they go, while the fourth game starts out as a seemingly needless (but still great) installment but it ends on such a high note that it deserves the praise nonetheless.

The DS collection is great for having all four games on one cart and having a nice array of extra features, including the Zero 3 e-reader card features and reinstating a Japanese song in the fourth game that the localized GBA version removed. You're in for a treat.

SPOILERS

I think Zero 4 was inafune's way of teling Capcom to go fuck them selves for everything post-X5. LEt's be honest, with that ending, there's no way they could have forced him to make another.

Mega Man Game Boy games coming to 3DS Virtual Console

Quite a while ago, the first Game Boy Mega Man title (Dr Wily's Revenge) landed on the 3DS VC. That naturally led most of us to wonder, "are the rest of the GB games coming to 3DS?" Welp, after a year of wondering that myself, I'm happy to say Mega Man II, III, IV and V are ALL coming soon.

This is a great piece of news, as Mega Man V remains one of the coolest oddball (used in the most affectionate way possible) games in the series. Instead of Robot Masters, Mega Man fights Stardroids, and instead of a typical Mega Buster charged shot, he has a Mega Arm projectile attack (similar to the MM6/7 Rush upgrade). It's a very clever entry that's been hard to legitimately play for years, so pick it up!

Mega Man IV is equally impressive, combining aspects of the NES Mega Man 4/5 to create one new experience. I daresay it's the best of the NES mimics (I, II and III also mix enemies and bosses from the NES) and well worth a look.

But wait, there's more!

Mega Man Xtreme 1 and 2 are ALSO coming to 3DS! Like the aforementioned GB titles, these two remix aspects of the SNES games (plus some X4 stuff in Xtreme 2) to create something new. Xtreme 2 is particularly interesting, with its playable Zero and DNA souls / parts system.

Now, we don't have release dates set just yet, but given how cool this information is (especially MMV), I thought it was worth sharing ASAP. I'll certainly share the dates as soon as we lock 'em down, and we should have even more VC updates in the coming weeks.

It's nice that Capcom West are doing what they can to support MegaMan's history, even if it's just through licensing. I wish the anniversary collections for Classic and X were more easily available though, they're rare and expensive as fuck.

EDIT: Also I ordered Zero Collection earlier this week and it still hasn't dispatched, I knew ordering import copies of games that are low in stock wouldn't go that smoothly ~_~

Edited by SuperLink