Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

I'm pretty god damn sick of the people complaining about Capcom making nods to Mega Man. It's the same tired dance; people look for any fucking reason to demonize Capcom when the reality is that just about every one of these references are done in good nature and a gesture for the fanbase. Would you actually prefer it if Capcom just never acknowledged Mega Man? If so, then you're being completely unreasonable because that makes no damn sense, and like Chris said, the alternative would be like Rareware who doesn't acknowledge their IPs whatsoever.

I hate the Mega Man fanbase (or at least those who complain every single time the company makes a reference to the character) more than Capcom at this point.

i can see where they are coming from. what they mean by Capcom to acknowledge mega man they mean make another mega man game. But hey it is getting annoying especially considering there are some things that they get(comics and other stuff) but they still complain to the point where im starting to think maybe Capcom shouldnt make another game 

What have we gotten from this franchise so far since Xover that's even worth mentioning? Smash 4? I'm sure Capcom will take good care of the money that gets milked from that deal.

It's not a nod, it's a fuucking marketing ploy like making Dinosaur Planet a Starfox title was.

money money money. that is all I am seeing from this shit.

If Capcom makes another Mega Man game right now they will most likely go bankrupt. So yes maybe these nods are being done for money but you're making it out as if that's somehow a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

i can see where they are coming from. what they mean by Capcom to acknowledge mega man they mean make another mega man game. But hey it is getting annoying especially considering there are some things that they get(comics and other stuff) but they still complain to the point where im starting to think maybe Capcom shouldnt make another game

From the way some of us fans (myself included), have been acting about these nods, we don't deserve a new game. Maybe it's about time to let this whole "Capcom is evil" thing die down. In reality, they aren't evil, but they haven't been making the best decisions as of recently. I'm having my fangasms with the Archie series, and the merchandise. I can't believe I was blind for so long. I'd still like another game, but hey, Mighty Number 9 is doing that for us.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you honestly think they're going to bother with more than this kind of thing even after being refinanced?

They could Kickstarter, they could outsource, They could officially support fan products (thank you western branch). Hell they could poop out a flash game on iPhuck that's actually decent quallity.

What have we gotten from this franchise so far since Xover that's even worth mentioning? Smash 4? I'm sure Capcom will take good care of the money that gets milked from that deal.

we got

rockmen2.jpg

top_04.jpg?format=original

top_05.jpg?format=original

sonic-and-mega-man-worlds-collide-megama

theres some other stuff but i can remember

Do you honestly think they're going to bother with more than this kind of thing even after being refinanced?

They could Kickstarter, they could outsource, They could officially support fan products (thank you western branch). Hell they could poop out a flash game on iPhuck that's actually decent quallity.

We live in a coorperate world, dude. Like it or not, it's about money.

It's not a nod, it's a fuucking marketing ploy like making Dinosaur Planet a Starfox title was.

money money money. that is all I am seeing from this shit.

Let's look at the facts here:

• If Capcom truly wanted to cash in on Mega Man's inclusion in Smash Brothers, they'd be developing a game actively to launch alongside Smash (as far as I know, they're not);

• XOver was designed to break into a new market for Capcom. It wasn't meant to take care of the thirst for the series which the fanbase has, hence why it was never brought to America properly;

• Mega Man Universe, Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Online were all cancelled as a result of Inafune leaving or the projects having very little direction or interest;

• It's a nod. It's Capcom putting out feelers. Do you really think they'd create a Mega Man game post-Inafune without some sort of gauged interest? Their higher ups likely think the money will not be properly invested - and you know what, they're probably right! The point here is to prove them wrong;

• Dinosaur Planet being swapped into a Star Fox title was not a marketing ploy. It was an attempt to use a more popular franchise to sell the game since Rareware had very little direction with the game originally and it would not have sold diddly;

• Take the blinders off your eyes regarding money. Capcom needs money just like all other companies do. They're a business for fucks sake.

• Thumbs Up 8

Also, if they have to rely on Mega Man to shit out some extra sales on their fucking lameshit IPs I don't think I even want them around anymore.

Considering how their bignames have been dropping like flies, I don't think their own staff wants them alive.

You got Mighty No. 9 on the way. Shut the fuck up about how much Capcom sucks for not releasing a game that they don't think would sell when they just took two high profile baths on games they thought would.

• Thumbs Up 1

You got Mighty No. 9 on the way. Shut the fuck up about how much Capcom sucks for not releasing a game that they don't think would sell.

somebody is going to say that they got 4 million dollars of that game all the money Capcom could of gotten from mega man fans if they had made another mega man game

If they don't think it'd sell, why are they bothering using it for marketing?

And yeah, Mighty No.9. Loving the status updates on that game.

Fucking tired as shit of this franchise. Bitter about the whole fucking thing.

somebody is going to say that they got 4 million dollars of that game all the money Capcom could of gotten from mega man fans if they had made another mega man game

I actually was going to say that, but the fact is that 4,000,000 isn't the thing here, the number of backers is. 60,000 isn't really a big achievement.

Ok im going to say this if fans really wanted another mega man game and i mean really wanted it they would of done something before mighty no. 9. that mega man legends 3 100,000 strong campaign it wouldnt have taken them over a year to get that many sigs. fans would have showed Capcom where the money really is at but they did the fans arent doing their part there may be some but they cant carry the slack of others. 

I don't think they are using it explicitly for marketing besides showing it off as a cool addition. Are you actually seeing this trailer with the Mega Man X suit on television or in internet ads? If not, it's just a trailer for a small audience.

The sum of support they received is good for the number of backers they had.. but it means that everybody chipped in a very high amount as opposed to a small amount.

4,000,000 / 60,000 = $67 per supporter. Most people would throw a massive fit over a game costing that much. smile.png

Edit: The Legends sub-series has a cult following. As far as I'm aware, it's one of the least popular Mega Man components created (but Inafune's favourite).

Inafune himself explained exactly why Capcom didn't do a Kickstarter themselves. The Japanese corporate mindset is completely at odds with the entire concept; and I'm pretty sure in the November Game Informer interview he said something along the lines of how he doesn't expect the Japanese game industry to get instantly better just because of what he did. And you can bet your ass if Capcom had done it, it wouldn't have been as successful as when Inafune did it.

You're basically asking why Capcom want to gauge interest in something they aren't sure about.

Did we really just complain about an extra thats been in the game since its conception?!...

Wait, is there even Dead Rising 3 thread?

Theres a Dead Rising General that I created but nobody bothers to use:

DS, but not the easy mode. I'm playing the games the way they were intended. So far, Zero 3 is a cakewalk.

Told ya it gets easier as it goes, glad your playing it the same way I did.

I won't lie, seeing that megaman x suit is really tempting me to get this but I know that the enemies themselves won't be very interesting to shoot at especially if they hardly fight back.

No wonder Capcom is in the shitter when it comes to cash. They have nobody to blame but themselves, with RE6 selling under expectations despite selling millions, and DmC being the worst-selling game in the franchise by far and Capcom having to reduce sales expectations twice to save face.

Considering the usual size/length of Mega Man titles, I think for a more 'traditional' title the series would benefit from a more episodic format - cheaper, can provide more content over a longer period of time, and a bit more suited for a more long-term storyline.

• 4 weeks later...

Capcom is going to celebrate its 30th anniversary with Megaman!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/7/5185372/capcom-celebrates-30th-anniversary-with-character-themed-eyeglasses

Megaman glasses! Aww Yeah!

The collection is part of a collaboration with eyewear maker Zoff. Glasses feature characters from Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil and several others in classic Megaman style.

QV0czWi.jpg

……………………………………...

Okay Capcom, do whatever the hell you want. I just don't….care anymore.

Capcom is going to celebrate its 30th anniversary with Megaman!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/7/5185372/capcom-celebrates-30th-anniversary-with-character-themed-eyeglasses

Megaman glasses! Aww Yeah!

The collection is part of a collaboration with eyewear maker Zoff. Glasses feature characters from Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil and several others in classic Megaman style.

QV0czWi.jpg

Mega Man shooting himself... there's a joke there somewhere about the current creek he's in, but eh.

These glasses look kinda cool, but I'm sure it won't fit my big, round face. Pity...

Those specs look pretty cool.

I seriously wish they would do more.

Specs?

If so, and if they all look as cool as that, I'm all for it!