Awoo.

JezMM

Looking pretty good, Gabe! The only two critiques I can think of are the lack of shading and that there's not enough contrast between the sky and grass. Otherwise, it's pretty cool.

So here's my piece:

uber_geist_2_by_briraka93-d9ethil.jpg
Edited by Briraka
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

So, Briraka! 

I'm a fan of this piece. You definitely convey a bit of an uneasy atmosphere here and do it well. I like the colours of it especially how those arm/tentacle thingies seem to be glowing that radioactive green against that almost indigo background. The redness of the character in the foreground is a nice contrast to the cool and dark colours. It almost reminds me of Eversion in a way. Yeah, I actually don't have much to critique here except I think maybe it would look a bit better if it wasn't as...pale I guess is the word? I'm terrible at critiquing, don't sue me. XP 

Tmt4PwN.jpg

So here is my drawing for here. It's not completely finished, but it's an Indian WDM-3B locomotive. Please give some criticism to this, I want to know what I should improve on! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have Os!

Dude, I absolutely, positively adore your art! All the details just blow me away with everything you do! I can never pull something off like that!

Your Sonic artwork is really great too! Very expressive! As for criticism, it's a tiny little nitpick but Sonic can be a little too fat. This barely and I mean BARELY detract from the quality of your sketches, though and it's still amazing to see!

Keep on keeping on!

Oops, forgot to add my art. Uhh...

WNCLNtE.jpg

Here's my most recent piece.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo, Failin!

I'm liking the little scene going on here! I also like how you've drawn the face, it's pretty expressive! Something I would say is that rulers would be very useful for the Ninjago/LEGO characters, as they're primary made of up of straight lines and angles at their core. I'd also recommend either using a scanner for uploading drawing if you have one available, or if not have a fiddle with the contrast and brightness to help the pencil lines pop out more, or maybe even going over it digitally (which would also allow you to add a splash of colour to it).

Here is my latest picture:

Spoiler

zuPP2Cb.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Galabance presents an adorable animated picture. And I am here to critique it! 

Dude, I really like a lot of what's going on here. It's a simple idea done great that doesn't try to do too much because it doesn't need to. Just a girl looking at herself in the mirror with her phone. All the colors work well with each other. Her reflection reads well and isn't overpowered by any of the objects behind her, but they can still read quite well to where I can still tell that they are a window and a door. 

The blinking is synced very well with both points of view and the blur and lighting effects really help show that this is being view from inside her head, not just the viewer looking at a picture.  If I needed to critique on anything here, I'll say turn the blur down on her hair a little bit. While this works very well with the point of view, it is a bit intense ans sort of hurts my eyes a little with them constantly in view. And while it isn't particularly necessary, Otherwise all the little touches really make this work and overall I'll give this a nice big thumbs up! Fantastic job!

Now here's mine!

steam_2.png

It's a fan art piece for a game called Codename: S.T.E.A.M. (A.K.A. Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace.) I really lik the game, so I drew a group picture with all the agents -- including the Fire Emblem amiibo extras -- NPC and Villains. 

Characters in no order: Abraham Lincoln, Henry Fleming, John Henry, Tiger lily, Lion, Tom Sawyer, The Fox (Made up relative of Zorro), Califia, Randolph Carter, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Dorothy, Queequeg, Stovepipe (Robot Lincoln/Human-sized A.B.E.), Katherine (S.T.E.A.M. Communications Officer), Ike, Marth, Lucina, Robin and Starface (villain).

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, YoshiUnity said:

Now here's mine!

Alright, YoshiUnity, let's see what we have...

Well, I gotta say this is a pretty badass piece you got here. I haven't played Codename: S.T.E.A.M yet, but I've always loved fan-art that has most, if not all the characters in it. The hatching style of shading really gives off an edgy vibe, which I think is a good very good thing. I think the piece flows very well, the characters placed in an order that makes it fun to look at. Very nice choice of colors, (reminds me of the game itself,) shading is nice, as I've said before, I like the expressions, the Fire Emblem characters on the side is a nice touch. Only thing I'd say is a few of the characters eyes are a little mismatched... But overall, I really like what I'm seeing. I'd definately set this up as wallpaper if I've ever gotten into Codename: S.T.E.A.M (Which I'll probably get aroudn to eventually.) Nice work!

Oh wait, am I supposed to post art as well? Well, if you insist... 

tumblr_o3v1dioIoI1rammm1o1_540.jpg

Forgive the roughness of the sketch, I have a tendency draw a little to hard with a pencil, making it impossible to erase some lines.

So basically, these characters are meant to be a parody or homage of sorts to the Mario Bros. Though rather than Italian Plumbers, they're Scottish Custodians known as the McGinnis Twins. 

I'm not the best when it comes to drawing more "Chibi-esque"(For lack of a better term as far as I know) characters so I'm wondering if I need to do anything mroe to that, especially the girl. Nothing too dramatically chibi, just something along the lines of how Mario and Luigi are drawn.

In addition, I wanna know if I've succeded in the whole "Mario Bros Expies" goal I was aiming for... Could their designs be more Mario-like or is it too Mario-like?

That's pretty much it, any kind of feedback, even stuff that I didn't bring up can be pretty nice. Again, I do know the sketch is rough, it's why I usually trace on Illustrator.

• Thumbs Up 1