Awoo.

JezMM

Read the opening post.  You don't just post your work here to get feedback, you have to give feedback to the person above you too, that way everyone gets some.

Oop, sorry. I like Condor's girl drawing, especially the one on the right that looks like a Shy Guy (Shy Girl?). Can't wait to see it colored!

Oop, sorry. I like Condor's girl drawing, especially the one on the right that looks like a Shy Guy (Shy Girl?). Can't wait to see it colored!

You need to post more than a sentence or two in the future, this topic is supposed to be about helping people and just saying "you like" something doesn't do that.  If you can't think of anything bad to say at least try and say a bit more about what you think they did well.  Try reading some earlier posts in the topic from various members if you need inspiration for the sorts of details you can comment on.  You don't have to make a wall of text but at least a paragraph is optimal.

In the name of keeping the topic moving, I'll give some feedback on both your stuff though.

Condor:

These are some really nice character designs I have to say, the personality of the left and middle ones come through nicely and of course, the masked one is suitably enigmatic - it's worth mentioning that such a neutral pose reveals nothing at all of her (in this image anyway), so if that isn't your intention, you might want to experiment with her body language a bit more in future poses.

Anatomy-wise this looks pretty good, and you did good work on the creases in the middle girl's top where she bends at the hip too - middle girl's hand holding leftmost girl's arm is a little dodgy looking (it's a really annoying angle though, not much you can do other than just study references for that sort of thing, and even then there's stuff that looks fine in a photo but translates weirdly into 2D art lol).  This arm looks a little shorter than the one making the V sign too - obviously it could be that she's standing a little behind her and the arm is coming towards the camera, but if this was the case, her head  wouldn't be in front of leftmost girl's head.  I can understand the intent to put focus on her loud pose though by having her head in front of leftmost girl's head, so your call on what you want to do about that if you choose to edit.

The final thing I'd say is just a personal one - for me I've always thought cartooney styles with big heads look better when you draw smaller necks - that is to say, draw the neck in proportion to the shoulders rather than the head.  That's how most cartooney styles I see do it (that inspire me anyway) but up to you if you think it looks weird to draw smaller necks, I just think the opposite.

Xtremer Sadiqachu:

This is very cool!  When I saw "stick men" I was a little concerned it wouldn't be creative but you absoloutely make the most of the simplistic designs to do some super fun stuff with the animation.  I adore the transitions where you keep just a small portion of the previous moment and flip it around and let it grow into something new.  There's never a dull moment throughout the whole thing which made me think "ah they clearly lost inspiration/got lazy here", it's just an awesome flow from start to end.

Obviously they all fly by in a flash but the characters do seem recognisable and individual from what we see of them here too, so that's good.

As gorgeous as this is, my only small fear is, if this is an episode opening, it might be a little long to play at the start of every episode if they're going to be shorter than 10 minutes.  My only other suggestion would be whether there's any simple way to just make it look a bit more textured that plain black and white.  Perhaps adding some kind of light texturing to the backdrop or something, or maybe adding some shadows (like, just copy pasted/semi-transparent/slightly separated versions of the main lines) as if the lines exist floating in front of the whiteness.  Obviously that might be a lot of work to do from what you've already done so far, these are just thoughts/ideas.

Hopefully someone who is more well-versed on animation can give you some feedback too if they want to.

I don't really have any new art and I don't want to keep posting when I've mainly been doing so just to tidy up confusions and make sure everyone gets feedback.

The next poster can ignore my post and give feedback to either of the people above me.

For the record, since a friend asked me the other day, anybody is welcome to come in just to give feedback and be skipped over on getting feedback themselves like I've done here if they so wish.  It's just the posting of art without giving feedback to anyone else that is not allowed.

Edited by JezMM

Condor:

These are some really nice character designs I have to say, the personality of the left and middle ones come through nicely and of course, the masked one is suitably enigmatic - it's worth mentioning that such a neutral pose reveals nothing at all of her (in this image anyway), so if that isn't your intention, you might want to experiment with her body language a bit more in future poses.

Anatomy-wise this looks pretty good, and you did good work on the creases in the middle girl's top where she bends at the hip too - middle girl's hand holding leftmost girl's arm is a little dodgy looking (it's a really annoying angle though, not much you can do other than just study references for that sort of thing, and even then there's stuff that looks fine in a photo but translates weirdly into 2D art lol).  This arm looks a little shorter than the one making the V sign too - obviously it could be that she's standing a little behind her and the arm is coming towards the camera, but if this was the case, her head  wouldn't be in front of leftmost girl's head.  I can understand the intent to put focus on her loud pose though by having her head in front of leftmost girl's head, so your call on what you want to do about that if you choose to edit.

The final thing I'd say is just a personal one - for me I've always thought cartooney styles with big heads look better when you draw smaller necks - that is to say, draw the neck in proportion to the shoulders rather than the head.  That's how most cartooney styles I see do it (that inspire me anyway) but up to you if you think it looks weird to draw smaller necks, I just think the opposite.

Ah yeah, this was done under request so, they aren't my original designs but rather someone else's with my style. The girl on the right is given a mysterious and content vibe. I see what you mean by the arm thing tho, and yeah the hand was a bit of a struggle. As for the neck thing, I try to avoid making it too small as to avoid the illusion of a massive (well, more massive) head. But yeah, thanks for the feedback and advice smile.png

Hmm, okay. I think I understand how this works. I shall begin by talking about Xtremer Sadiqachu and his animation.

Unfortunately I'm no expert in the field of animation, but I am attempting my own animation project and as a beginner, I can appreciate your style and effort in this peace. Despite being simple in design, each character has a unique appearance and can be easily identified. I'm also tickled by the off-the-wall, almost random slapstick (Pun intended?) humour featured in the short.

It also had a fitting jingle to it, I'm not sure if you made that too though...

Perhaps it's just me, but it did seem to drag on at the end though. I would've ended it once the title and your name was displayed. I'm also unsure how you could make a variety of stories with next to no background, but that's just one of my random concerns. The short does intrigue me and make me want to know more, and if that's what you were hoping to achieve, than I'd say mission accomplished! smile.png

Okay, is this when I show my work?

rNkPEfi.png

TSS 13th Anniversary, Special Compilation Picture.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alrighty, I'll attempt to give your work some critical analysis. The key word being 'attempt'.

I want to start by saying how impressed I am you managed to include all those characters. It can't be easy to pick out which avatar represents someone when so many of us change icons so often. It's great to see so many memorable faces!

Now for the bit where I frown a lot tut occasionally.

An understandable sacrifice when putting together a large cast shot is detail. A number of the characters do look noticeably simpler than others. This isn't necessarily a big issue, but it is there. There's also a lack of depth to the image- essentially, everyone appears to be standing on one-another's shoulders, rather than behind those in front. I believe a cause of that is the flat colouring- again, an understandable sacrifice for a large cast shot.

I would also note that the image lacks a focal point.

To remedy these issues, perhaps you could try scaling the characters more, and perhaps providing simple shadows at their feet? The focal point thing could be fixed by maybe making the text the centre of the image, with the cast surrounding it- both in front and behind.

And perhaps recruit someone to add shading to all the characters after you've drawn them, if you're struggling to manage by yourself?

I hope that helps!

And here's my pic then- something I doodled for perspective practice. Any advice regarding that would be appreciated!

post-2021-0-33890300-1395869703_thumb.jp

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll take the next turn ifn ya please.

Well, if you were aiming for a touch of practice work with prospective shots, then I’ll have to give you your props on a job well done. Even with the slightly different action lines the two characters here utilize (their wright distribution in reference to how they are standing) you still managed to pull off the angle work to pretty good effect.

If you’re looking for Intel on the perspective work up front, then I’ll have to point right to the big guys arms. He’s got the classic big guy gorilla frame, and you interpret that well in the shoulder region. You can really see the top of his shoulders, but at the same time, his lanky arms seem to be positioned a tad too traditionally. Rather than following the flow of his lower body away from the viewer, the arms seem to cast downward without the added distortion attended to everything else. Since his arms are so lanky and bulky, I would expect a fairly extreme distortion there. Certainly not enough to make them match the scrawny lower body, but more than I see here. I think you can utilize his forearms much in the same way you did his chest. Use the meatier thicker portions to overlap the smaller stuff underneath a little big. That should help sell the desired effect.

On top of that, I think a lot of the perspective work has to come out of the interaction with the environment. How you draw the surrounding space can make or break these things, so while this duo is a good start, the real challenge has only just begun. You’d be surprised how big of a monkey wrench an improper horizon line or some stray element can do to turn off an otherwise flawless perspective shot. Pay attention to your angles and follow through. If the rest of the image reads as well as the characters, I think you will be just fine.

As for the rest of the sketch, I really do like the stylized nature of the characters. They are both spunky and full of life. I like how you took the time to draw out some of the angle work that will never see the light of day (leg connections beneath the skirt for example) going the extra mile with busywork like that is the key to keeping your lines consistent and the end result where you want it to be.

All and all, choice work. Practice makes perfect.

Okay, I think I’ll throw up one of my theme’d pieces for someone to pick apart. SATAM anyone?

post-112-0-65691500-1395891624_thumb.jpg

Callin' DogTagz! Give me a bit...

EDIT:@Sega DogTagz: Aight, first up, I've been looking at your stuff for a long minute. I dig what you do. But now for this piece...

It looks good! You definitely have the SatAM Sonic style down, like a cel ripped right out of the show, dare I say. I especially love the background. It's got a lot of nice detail without being busy or distracting from the focal point (Sonic and Sally). It's got a very authentic feel. And the characters themselves have a strong silhouette.

As for my criticisms? Well, I have a few... The first thing that stuck out to me is how bright Sally is compared to Sonic and the rest of the piece. It appears to be a night scene, but her colors are still saturated, while Sonic's colors are a little more muted in comparison. Granted, she isn't super saturated, but I think maybe just a value shade down with a tiny bit of the blue/purple mixed in like on Sonic would bring her to the same level. Best example I could find from the show the piece is inspired by: Sally's colors with normal lighting. Sally's colors in a darker setting.

I also noticed Sally's foot that she's standing on seems like it's on the same plane as Sonic's foot. The characters themselves are close together, and there's nothing wrong with the poses themselves, but it doesn't feel like there's room for both their feet. Maybe if Sonic's foot was turned slightly away from Sally it'd break up the space a bit?

Last note, and it's a very, very, very nitpicky thing, but the lettering... it clashes with the cartoony imagery and can be a bit distracting (I remember this is something Jessica Abel harps on in her book "Drawing Words & Writing Pictures, and it makes sense). Drawing the lettering yourself or finding an appropriate comic book style font would have been more suited to this picture.

All in all, it looks good, these were just some things that stuck out to me as this is the critique thread. Hope it was some use!

Alright, I'd like to share the inks of a piece (old colors in link) I did a while back to get some feedback...

tumblr_n331lrA3Jk1s44s5jo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Zaysho

Zaysho is mine.

First off, I like your style. It's quite distinctive and reminds of another artist's design. Personally it holds its own charm to it. I like your use of shadows with just black and white as you make look distinct enough to not make it blend into the illustration. At the same time, it gives the whole thing a sense of depth. 

With that said, I do wonder where the lighting is being focused on. It is centered? It is on one preferred side? It's just something I've noticed.

Here's my first contribution to the thread:

it_s_sabrina_newton_by_thechaosblue-d77s

• Thumbs Up 1

I got tcb

You have a good grasp on proportions, and angle. Your hair is nicely shaped and detailed, as is the entire figure. There isnt too much advice I can give you, other than try and work on developing a coloring technique, as it can enhance your drawing in ways a straight sketch, as good as it is cannot, and try developing backgrounds as well, as it will help balance the overall pic. So yeah, overall your character has a nice style, feel and balance, and I hope you continue working on expanding your overall drawing repitore as well, and drawing in general

Here, did this one in just an attachment to speed things up, its nothing overly fancy, made them this week(head early this week, right head friday, bodies yesterday), still having challenges on just getting moving with drawing, but ya I am trying to get in more practice. Do want to try and make these OC's recurring though, had a couple funny scenarios, would want to flesh out the design a bit more though

• Thumbs Up 1

I have captured Mando!! D:

I'll say the first thing that caught my eye was the clothing design (tho thats just me). It's nice to see you go beyond standard shirt & pants style that plagues a number of artists. You also seem to have good skill with hair n hands. I know you said this was "nothing fancy", but regardless, smoothing out lines always makes something look neater and tends to catch the eye more with darker/thicker outlines. So for more complicated drawings of yours, try some traditional sketching techniques such as going over the outlines and thickening/darkening them.

~~~

This is not the final final coloring either so if there's anything else y'all'd recommend to this li'l thing, lemmie know.

I actually also wanna ask y'all what kinda background I should give this. Part of me wants to leave the paper look, but... I'm not sure.

2Lsxrkf.jpg?1

• Thumbs Up 1

Condor, let me talk about your art:

That pic certainly gives off a unique style - it's got a western feel, but with a slight manga-esque feel to it. Kinda like my style now that I think about it. I also like the way the characters have their own unique style to them, even if their hair kinda blends together/looks similar to each other. As for expressions, you're probably better at them than I am - I pretty much never draw my characters with teeth unless they're angry or something.

---

Speaking of, here's a pic I've done recently, cropped from a "model sheet". I didn't add shading though, but here it is:

i1FwnQt.png

If I can remove the white background I might even make it a new avi.

I'm in a nice mood. I'll get Spin Attaxx. tongue.png

16 years old and already getting the hang of digital art? I didn't start till December. I like the design overall and the facial expressions come out nice. I recommend trying out all sorts of wacky poses here n there. When I was around 13-16 I was plagued with drawing characters simply standing there, usually only bending they're arms/hands. Drawing characters in dynamic poses and such can really catch the eye. If you ever need any tips n stuff on doing poses feel free to IM me smile.png

Other than that, I like it. I really can see the love for this character.

~~~~~~~~~~

Forgive me, but I've been really anxious to hear y'all's thoughts on this. It's gathered a bit of attention. smile.png

(also how do I fix this friggin spacing issue with images?? Is it just me?)

couple_doodle_by_thecunningcondor-d7ccp7

• Thumbs Up 1

This is VERY cute.  I don't have too much to critique here.  Your anatomy and posing is great in this pic, I love the dynamic between him leaning in and her leaning away, yet the affectionate facial expressions clearly give a great idea of how these two feel about each other.

Struggling to find much to critique here.  To go super nitpicky, the girl's hips could be a little wider, below the waist she goes a bit skinny in comparison to the width of her shoulders.  If she's meant to be a bit top-heavy proportion-wise though as part of her character design that's fine.  ...Actually I think I might have gotten this the wrong way round, the more I look at her hips the more they look fine considering she's turned slightly away from the camera.  Actually I think it's her shoulders that might just be a touch wide, HER right shoulder mainly.  I think it would be just slightly angled upwards to the right for this angle, rather than going straight up.  Urg it'd be easier to just draw over it to show what I mean lol:

50r7.png

Blue lines are identical to just demonstrate how I feel the shoulder look more in proportion this way.

Anyway as you can see from my extreme nitpicking it's overall a lovely pic.  It looks great as a sketch but I totally endorse colouring it if you wanted to.

Here's mine, a new character design for my comic who I haven't entirely pinned down what role I am to have them fill in the story:

tumblr_n3dshvcxHz1s8insfo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 1

First response to this thread so I'll give my views on your piece of artwork here Jez.

I really like how you've painted her.  There's a really nice softness to the colours and the lighting overall on the character is really nice.  I particularly like how her jeans look.  The background is also pretty cool as well with the way the ghosts (I'm assuming that's what they are) aligned making it seem both cute and eerie and the same time.

My only real critique is with the arms.  If you were to straighten her left arm it would be quite a bit longer than her right.  Also I feel with her right hand the fingers are a tad too long comparative to the rest of the hand.

Other than that, I like your style.  It's very distinct and instantly recognisible.  If I just saw a piece of artwork somewhere that was yours but you hadn't posted it for example, I'd instantly know you did it.  Good stuff!

I guess I should go with my most recent piece for my first piece in this thread, a concept design for Espio if he were in Sonic Boom:

EStwlql.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling 'Doom!

EDIT: @SiLeNtDo0m: I gotta say, I really like your take on Espio! The accessories and additional touches to separate him from his standard appearance work without making him unrecognizable. It kinda drives home the "ninja" theme with him more. I also like the pose. It's dynamic and befitting of him, and if only he were ready to throw something (his hand appears to be empty) I think it'd just make the pose stronger.

The only thing that really sticks out to me is his left hand (the one behind him) gets somewhat lost. Maybe that's just the value and also the quality of the photo, but I think with the black of his back spikes starts to clash and obscure the darker values to push his hand back into the space.

Here's a quick fix I tried to separate the arm a bit. Excuse the crudeness of it.

EStwlqlfix.png

Hope that helps! I think it looks great otherwise!

Here's a WIP sketch I started today but I may or may not continue with it since I forgot to save before FireAlpaca crashed :/

04052014_bardockwip.png

I'm a little unsure of the proportions right now... I think drawing too much Sonic stuff lately has sorta messed me up in that department.

Edited by Zaysho

I have captured a wild Zaysho!

From what I can tell, this is really really good. You have a great handle of the shapes n proportions if ya ask me. Really, the only complaint I can give is the ear looks a tad messy but pfft. Everything else about it looks fine n dandy to me. (also, FireAlpaca, you say? I've heard good things about that... I need to try it out.)

~~~~~~~~

I actually have a question for you guys... which version of this doodle do y'all prefer?

This?

ISKYqQF.jpg?1

or this?

aAnvIcq.jpg?1

I hath caught the condor... AAAA whoops... wrong association thread, not that I dont want to... but I dont have anything new.... um sorry I think I might have to be skipped(give me 16 hours before skipping I guess, I'll see about doing something, otherwise skip; I will still comment on condors of course)

I can give critique though, I think the second solo one is better, the first one feels a bit shoehorned in, whereas the solo one feels more natural, although both have good styles, the girl feels the stronger of the two, and her reading alone makes a bigger impact and looks pretty good. In regards to the girl herself, the style is nice, the proportioning is strong, and the detailing is nice

I hath caught the condor... AAAA whoops... wrong association thread, not that I dont want to... but I dont have anything new.... um sorry I think I might have to be skipped(give me 16 hours before skipping I guess, I'll see about doing something, otherwise skip; I will still comment on condors of course)

I can give critique though, I think the second solo one is better, the first one feels a bit shoehorned in, whereas the solo one feels more natural, although both have good styles, the girl feels the stronger of the two, and her reading alone makes a bigger impact and looks pretty good. In regards to the girl herself, the style is nice, the proportioning is strong, and the detailing is nice

Hmm... okay. So right now it's 1 to 1. The first person I asked liked the first version better. So I'm unsure which to go with.

tumblr_n3ol65ZnYY1tucqcmo1_1280.jpg

I'm not sure if this post is legible but Condor doesn't have any artwork for me to critique, so here's my piece, a picture of my personal character, Suzanne.

It's time for another artist association, dood!

An interesting sketch of an original character, Mr Lix.

I can see a sense of personal style to it. As in the design isn't reminiscent of a cartoon or art style that I'm familiar with. I'd say that's a good thing. An artist should have the confidence to give their art and character designs a unique or personal touch.

It does kinda look like the...*ahem*...breasts look a little off in this sketch. Perhaps if you made them bigger and had them lower it might look more proportionally correct. The hands also look a little off too. It's a common problem for us artists though. 

I should mention though, that giving female characters, small hands, gives them a more feminine look. You've actually done that here so I don't reckon you need to change that. It's just the proportions that look a little wrong.

I hope you'd take the next step and colour her in. We'd get a better sense of the character then. Keep practicing and enjoying yourself with your art. After all, if it's not fun, why bother with it?

--------------------

Regarding my entry, I was hoping for some kind of critique over an old comic I started but never finished, years ago, but I never got it. So if Jez is okay with it, I'd like to try again here. I'm planning to continue the story, yet have only finished 5 pages and a front cover. If anything needs fixing up, I want to know about it before I continue the project.

Knuckles Chaotix Doujinshi - Maximum Chaotix

Front Cover:

8dXJmj6.png

Prologue - Page 1:

XYvXSme.png

Page 2:

lkGAoZX.png

Page 3:

l2YkNzI.png

Page 4:

HyEbHu1.png

Chapter 1 - Page 5:

IddgI40.png

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Ack I totally didn't interpret your post as a "claim" DanJ86!  I thought you were just bumping the topic to point out it had died or something.  I'll get to commenting on yours as soon as I can.

Oops we made a bit of a mess here, didn't realise, the topic sorta got buried.  When someone doesn't post their own art, you still give comments to the last person to post art.  In this case, Felix you should give your own thoughts on Condor's piece.  There is to be no situation in which a member gets to post art without giving feedback, since feedback is the point of this thread over posting your own stuff.  Not picking on you Felix, just bolded there for emphasis lol.

Felix:

I've seen your character Suzanne a fair bit Felix.  My only issues with this piece are some awkward anatomy choices.  For example, I feel her hands are a little too small.  For cartoony styles, you need be careful about choosing what to exaggerate and how it would affect them when they do common day to day human things.  In this case, her hands seem oddly small compared to her arms, but more importantly, hands in real life can cover half your face, whereas if she was to attempt to cover even her eyes, she'd barely manage.  Naturally you can stretch rules like this, she doesn't need GIANT hands because she has a giant head, but there needs to be a bit more of "meeting halfway" between cartooney and realism to make an appealing style.  Her boobs are also a little awkward.  Remember that while they are two seperate entities, what we see of them through a t-shirt is the way these two points stretch the fabric - in the average t-shirt it does not make for two very distinct shapes as you drew here. 

She's a cute character design though and you clearly made an effort to give her an interesting facial expression and pose.  Despite the anatomy issues mentioned above, she has a nice sense of "being" to her as well, she doesn't look flat or anything.

DanJ86:

A fun read!  The characters are all spot on which is really nice, and the comic flows pretty decently.  Your cover pages are very reminiscent of real official Sonic comic covers too which is a lovely touch and creative on your part.  A couple of small suggestions really:

• Perhaps connect the first two speech bubbles by Amy.  Just for a moment I was a bit confused on whether panel 2 or 3 came first here since panels 1 and 3 are nearly perfectly aligned as if they're grouped together intentionally.  Just something to pull the reader's eyes over to the right with absolute certainty.
  • The silly stick figure panels are fine, but I'd still suggest colouring them (well... greyscaling them, you know what I mean).  It just upholds the consistency of the location a little better IMO and makes the sudden shift in style easier to swallow.
  • In the "The Servers are the Seven Chaos" panel on page 3, I'm not sure what that... thing on the left is in the distance there.  D=
  • The cut-in character introduction effect is fine, but I feel it is a bit too big and covers too much of the panels, dimming their effects.  Charmy's book, Vector's desk slam, Espio's pose and Tikal's turning around are all "quieted" so to speak by being partially covered up here.

Hope that helps!

Guess I'll go with my latest, as already seen in my avatar:

tumblr_n4033gQN0S1s8insfo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I got Jez.

The shading (both in style and in usage) are quite good and very fitting for the mood you were going for and the little details like the markings/tattoo on her arm add a good amount of intricacy to the scene being depicted. I also like the placement of the signature as well.

My only recommendations are to smooth outlines out just a tad more. Though, I tend to deal with the same issue, I'm still learning myself. As tedious as it may seem, having smooth, flowing outlines (and even some that vary in thickness) can help catch the eye of the viewer. At least for art similar to this. Other than that, rad job. smile.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question for y'all... part of me wants to do some sorta caption contest thingy with this comic. Should I do that or just put in my own dialogue?

ZY6XDsu.jpg?2

(ech, imgur roughed up the coloring a bit. forgive any mild pixeliness)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

In the name of reviving the thread (since the last poster being banned kinda makes things awkward), the next poster can just post a piece of art to be critiqued, totally free.  Make sure to claim the post first if you need to upload/add a comment to your art so we don't have several people doing that at once and posting at the same time.

Whomever claims this opportunity, just remember we'll all totally judge you forever if you don't participate in the thread again at some point in a critiquing capacity.  =P

Also just as a refresher, here's the key points that are intended to keep the topic both fair and moving at a nice pace, that caused the topic to stumble now and then previously when they weren't understood.  Remember:

• Don't claim a post unless you have a piece of art ready to post with your critique.  Obviously it's still okay to just post a critique with no art of your own if you really want to give feedback on something.
  • You post your art at the same time as updating your post with the critique of the person above, not before.  Again, doesn't apply to critique-only posts.
  • You always critique the last person to post art - if there's been off-topic posts, or someone else critique'd them already but didn't want to post art of their own, you still offer your own thoughts on the last art to be posted.
  • Always give at least a few sentences of your thoughts.  Even if you 100% love it, say what things specifically make you love it.

'K Jez, here's one I did some time ago. Did some fancy SAI things and, well, here's the result: Charn, another OC.

tumblr_n4idizbZ521ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Calling Sonicsnumber1fan.

May I recommend using a line tool if the software you use has such a feature? It makes drawing objects with straight lines, like the table and the line separating your floor and wall a lot easier and makes them look less distorted. Paint.NET can be downloaded for free and it features a line tool and a load of other features.

I like the "Droste effect" you have going on in your picture (the "picture within a picture" on your portrait) and I do appreciate how you made it as detailed as you could in the smaller image. I'd like to see a future drawing by you with colors.

Here's my submission:

pc11_by_yeow95-d7hvcnm.png