Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

Looks like he is now ready to sell these prints and so far, as of this post, looks like he managed to sell 6 of them:

That’s not all.  Look at this!  https://kenpenders.com/product/new-kilo/

He’s changed the name and this isn’t Tails anymore!  Looks like he’s going to be in the comic after all.  I KNEW this wasn’t a real commission.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 4

Wow, just...wow.

Wonder if he changed the name to see how far he can go on the "redesigning character route" before it gets noticed too heavily?

And regarding those commission drawings on sale, I am surprised that I don't see that "what if" one from 2020, unless he somehow sold them all already?

5 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

That’s not all.  Look at this!  https://kenpenders.com/product/new-kilo/

He’s changed the name and this isn’t Tails anymore!  Looks like he’s going to be in the comic after all.  I KNEW this wasn’t a real commission.

Kinda makes you wonder how many of those commissions are in fact commissions, doesn't it?

I'm honestly kind of baffled. Penders never had any real use for Tails in any of his stories, and if he could make an effort with Rotor then what was stopping him from just making 'Kil'o' a regular, gray fox in an iron man suit or something? Like, why keep all the stuff that blatantly makes him 'Tails'? Discounting the hideous, freakish rat-paw hands, anyway...

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/18/2023 at 4:41 PM, horridus said:

Kinda makes you wonder how many of those commissions are in fact commissions, doesn't it?

I'm honestly kind of baffled. Penders never had any real use for Tails in any of his stories, and if he could make an effort with Rotor then what was stopping him from just making 'Kil'o' a regular, gray fox in an iron man suit or something? Like, why keep all the stuff that blatantly makes him 'Tails'? Discounting the hideous, freakish rat-paw hands, anyway...

I guess he thinks since he got away with K’Nox, he can get away with Kil’o. Besides that, he hasn’t hidden Sonic or Robotnik’s involvement in this thing, so they’re all free range.  That said, it’s only a matter of time before we see him draw hideous versions of THEM.  

Tails has the most generic design for a member of his species of the game cast. He's the easiest to get away with.

3 hours ago, Razule said:

Tails has the most generic design for a member of his species of the game cast. He's the easiest to get away with.

Ken could've gone a bit further and just given him an extra tail just to make his version more "unique." Heck, just give him two more and use them like Doc Ock's tentacles. Or bump it up nine and rip off Prime's version of Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, going by the theory that Tails is actually a young kitsune, giving him nine tails as an adult would be the better option.

Yeah, though that would have taken more effort than he wanted to, although didn't he plan to have Tails as a kitsune at some point during his tenure?

Anyway, final completed image of the Archie artwork:

10 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Honestly, going by the theory that Tails is actually a young kitsune, giving him nine tails as an adult would be the better option.

That honestly pissed me off.  Bob Repas told me they were going to make Tails a full kitsune once he got older because he was a Chosen One and there was going to be this whole arc.  But that never happened and I’m still cheesed about it.

Can't remember if this was posted at some point somewhere in this thread, but more uncanny valley artwork with Presidential Candidate Pikachu:

• Thumbs Up 1

So now it looks like he has redesigned Lara-Su once again, including giving her a nose ring, which I really cannot see in the artwork, so...

Still not a fan of this design either and if anything, she looks worse than before. But that's just me...

• My Emmerdoods 1

3 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

So now it looks like he has redesigned Lara-Su once again, including giving her a nose ring, which I really cannot see in the artwork, so...

Still not a fan of this design either and if anything, she looks worse than before. But that's just me...

I don't know why, but the way her face is shaded gives the impression that she's like... older, in a rather unflattering way. The only other significant changes I can detect is that her hair is different now, in addition to the nosering you can barely see.

I'd take this as a pretty concrete sign about how un-serious he is about this. If he hasn't finalized the design by THIS point or show much care about the pages he HAS done and the fact they need to be redesigned, then frankly there's no reason to believe he has any real intention of completing this anytime soon.

Which is something I've suspected for a while, but still, good evidence all the same.

• Thumbs Up 3

Meanwhile, he's started drawing a picture of Wednesday Addams.  He says it's a commission, but I seriously doubt it is at this point; Wednesday is a very popular show now, so he's likely doing this for attention and to look busy at his table.  Besides that, why on earth would people pick a Sonic artist to draw something he's never drawn before?

6 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

Meanwhile, he's started drawing a picture of Wednesday Addams.  He says it's a commission, but I seriously doubt it is at this point; Wednesday is a very popular show now, so he's likely doing this for attention and to look busy at his table.  Besides that, why on earth would people pick a Sonic artist to draw something he's never drawn before?

It's possible, though we really don't have solid proof since commission requests are conducted privately (the terms anyway).

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone on here is at WonderCon to see if this recent statement can be backed up:

I imagine he may have sold a few issues, but the app advertising? Kind of funny that he showed a preview/demo at a previous event, but not this time. Still one more day to go, so we'll see...

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

It's possible, though we really don't have solid proof since commission requests are conducted privately (the terms anyway).

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone on here is at WonderCon to see if this recent statement can be backed up:

I imagine he may have sold a few issues, but the app advertising? Kind of funny that he showed a preview/demo at a previous event, but not this time. Still one more day to go, so we'll see...

Actually I stand semi-corrected.  He doesn't say it's a commission, just that it's a drawing he's working on.  As for the app, it's the same app preview he's been showing since 2016.  I agree with Horrendous, that's all we're gonna see of this thing.

Even the convention tweets feel recycled at this point. Back issues always selling well, app being liked and a drawing that fills the weekend.

Only Ken Penders could sue someone for making a character that is somehow too similar to one of his own, then turn around and give us the absolute genius that is Kil'o. FML

• Absolutely 1

New sneak preview from the looks of this:

Still looks uncanny valley despite the "upgrade". Also, pic of him and his booth:

Edited by Promethean0416
Adding.

If people are impressed by 2008 motion comic technology, they must be crawling out of rocks to specifically go to these cons to see Penders.

It’s great to see Penders is catching up on Living Books’ animation though. Truly, revolutionary.

• Chuckle 1