Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 hour ago, babsiwuff said:

Well THIS is a thing.  Apparently Ken had photos from pre-production of Spider Man 4, and the photos went absolutely VIRAL.

I have to admit, Ken's a huge hot mess, but he does have a ton of connections.  It's a good reason why he's so obnoxiously full of himself, but I'll admit, I've met some of the folks he knows, and his connections are weirdly solid.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1597048420501291009?s=20&t=v-cVOkXiRMz74OSkWpl-Qg

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

Yeah, this was a surprise. Heck, after posting those tweets, he gained a few hundred followers within a day. Even NY Times featured him on an article:

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/spider-man-4-pics-show-john-malkovitchs-vulture-costume/

I imagine that with his Sonic/Lara-Su Chronicles stuff not getting him any kind of attention or mention, this is all that's really left for him- boasting about who he knows and what that gets him, rather than actually doing anything noteworthy himself. Prolly gonna see more stuff like this in the foreseeable future. God knows, it'd be easier for him than actually making substantial progress on LSC. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, horridus said:

I imagine that with his Sonic/Lara-Su Chronicles stuff not getting him any kind of attention or mention, this is all that's really left for him- boasting about who he knows and what that gets him, rather than actually doing anything noteworthy himself. Prolly gonna see more stuff like this in the foreseeable future. God knows, it'd be easier for him than actually making substantial progress on LSC. 

I have a feeling he only brought this up because he wasn't getting enough attention for the Lara Su Chronicles and he just went to the whole "hey, guess who I know" route.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I have a feeling he only brought this up because he wasn't getting enough attention for the Lara Su Chronicles and he just went to the whole "hey, guess who I know" route.

Bingo. It's also pretty convenient that he's decided to bring this up AFTER he made that big show of leaving twitter forever. All that showboating, and he drops this knowing it's going to give him the most (positive) attention he's ever had. 

12 minutes ago, horridus said:

To no one's surprise, he's complaining about no mentions of TL-SC during the news breaking.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

9 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So much for his whole "leaving Twitter" stint if that's really the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Yeah, this was a surprise. Heck, after posting those tweets, he gained a few hundred followers within a day. Even NY Times featured him on an article:

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/spider-man-4-pics-show-john-malkovitchs-vulture-costume/

For clarification, that's the New York POST; which is a tabloid. :)

6 minutes ago, babsiwuff said:

For clarification, that's the New York POST; which is a tabloid. :)

A heavily right leaning tabloid, at that. I would assume that fact is eating at him a little, but then I remembered the whole 'Scourge the Hellhog' debacle and remembered that he doesn't really have any actual values, despite his very vocal posturing. 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

To no one's surprise, he's complaining about no mentions of TL-SC during the news breaking.

That's because he haven't done anything with Lara Su yet and more people are interested in Spider-Man than his Lara Su comic.

30 minutes ago, horridus said:

A heavily right leaning tabloid, at that. I would assume that fact is eating at him a little, but then I remembered the whole 'Scourge the Hellhog' debacle and remembered that he doesn't really have any actual values, despite his very vocal posturing. 

He tried to pass off the exposure of that as something of "witch hunt", funnily enough. Typical "It's not fine unless it applies to me" behavior from Penders.

43 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

He has a tallent for finding the worst fonts.

I can't even read that font.

Oh man it still looks as shit as it did in that trailer. Ken, you're spreading yourself even thinner and its pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on his website, and from the looks on the poster, he found some assistance to maintain it from the looks of things.

Anyway: https://kenpenders.com/the-republic-coming-soon/

Well, wonder how long is "soon" since he announced its forthcoming release on Twitter about over a month ago? Next year or in 2025 after the next election?

Decided to look through his site, and it feels like an unfinished WIX.com site.

Also noticed how Lara Su has absolutely no bio or history for her character (the relations tree is bigger than anything about her), while Remington and St. John have more character bits by comparison despite the latter being a prologue character.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Decided to look through his site, and it feels like an unfinished WIX.com site.

Also noticed how Lara Su has absolutely no bio or history for her character (the relations tree is bigger than anything about her), while Remington and St. John have more character bits by comparison despite the latter being a prologue character.

You really gotta love how it acts as an unintentional summation of this entire project and Lara-Su herself, doesn't it? It's not really about her as a character- it's ultimately about her role as a set piece in moving along the greater story of her family. 

I swear, Ken cannot resist trying to make things all about himself. No matter how tangential he has to get (let alone inaccurate).

2 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

He's also exposing what fans he has left to a site run by alt-right shitlords.

Wait, what? His new providers are alt-right??

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Wait, what? His new providers are alt-right??

No, no, the site he's linking in the tweet is.

38 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

No, no, the site he's linking in the tweet is.

Oooh okay, I got ya. My bad there, completely misread things. Having said that, it is to be expected, given that whole deal with the New York Post and all. 

On 12/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, Shaddy Zaphod said:

He's also exposing what fans he has left to a site run by alt-right shitlords.

Bounding is alt right? What did they do?