Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

12 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

The savior of Sonic everyone...yeesh

Well, this is an interesting takeoff at least...

... but why is he so muscular? :huh: Realism-kind of style doesn't fit with these Hedgies as far as I can tell...

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

200.gif

Sweet mother of mercy... That's-wow.

• Thumbs Up 8

I myself am just staggered by the implication that despite years of exposure to Sonic in both classical and modern designs, he still can't really draw the character. The realistic proportions and the toony proportions are mixed in the most unappealing, uncanny-inducing way possibe. The eyes are way, way too big and shiney, and somehow, while the rest of his body is shaded as to imply dimension, the face remains flat and toony. This is without getting into the fact that the hands have only four fingers, the shoes lack buckles and he completely botched the quills. 

This whole thing is like a truly nightmarish attempt to transfer the design traits of Sonic from SatAM into the aesthetic of the modern era while trying to simultaneously make it more realistic, and failing on all conceivable fronts. This is without getting into the fact that he's still clinging to design traits from the old show that haven't been in vogue for nearly two decades now. Guy really cannot move on. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I remember reading that Knuckles Chaotix book. His work there was...descent. It's mind-blowing how his Sonic-work can go from that to....this!!! It just proves he doesn't belong in Sonic; not now, not then

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, antyep said:

I remember reading that Knuckles Chaotix book. His work there was...descent. It's mind-blowing how his Sonic-work can go from that to....this!!! It just proves he doesn't belong in Sonic; not now, not then

I'm not yet unwilling to abandon the theory that he drew it like this on purpose just to screw with people. I know I've seen him draw better Sonic stuff than *this*. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That has to be the worst Sonic drawing he has ever done. The anus on his forehead, the giant teeth with the Mighty Mouth (you know the meme!), the BFG ears, the pencil legs and bulging arms. Its just wrong wrong wrong! NOT EVEN THE SHOE DESIGN IS RIGHT!!!! Or is this his Blue spined edgeymurawhatever he calls it for Lara-Su Chronicles?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

That has to be the worst Sonic drawing he has ever done. The anus on his forehead, the giant teeth with the Mighty Mouth (you know the meme!), the BFG ears, the pencil legs and bulging arms. Its just wrong wrong wrong! NOT EVEN THE SHOE DESIGN IS RIGHT!!!! Or is this his Blue spined edgeymurawhatever he calls it for Lara-Su Chronicles?

Not to mention he doesn't know the concept of eyebrows.

(Bedroom eyes don't count.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, chaosjam said:

Why on earth does the area right above his nose look like a scrotum sack?

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Why on earth does the area right above his nose look like a scrotum sack?

Because at some point, that became his go-to method for drawing eyebrows on Mobians...

Wow, for the first time, I don't know what to feel when I look at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

With each drawing of a cartoonish character he gets worse and worse at. Maybe he should probably hire an artist for this book instead of doing it himself. That's just me tho.

5 minutes ago, Tatters said:

Wow, for the first time, I don't know what to feel when I look at it.

Pain. That is the only think you should feel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the weirdest thing is that he's a technically competent drawer, but he consciously decides to create the most horrifying looking shit. Like seriously most of this stuff his horridly uncanny. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Chuckle 1

A voice told me not to look at penders drawing. I did, and I will now forever have nightmares about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say for certain whether it's the ugliest drawing of Sonic I've ever seen.  But it's up there.

• Nice Smile 1

I really thought that was a drawing of Shadow for a moment, maybe it is and he's trolling the fanbase. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooookay, that's kinda veering into 'Mocking HIm For the Sake of It'. The Sonic Picture was one thing given that he's spent years working on Sonic so he should be able to AT LEAST draw the guy decently. What say we just steer the conversation away from this for now- his lousiness as an artist is self-evident. 

• Thumbs Up 6

22 minutes ago, horridus said:

Ooookay, that's kinda veering into 'Mocking HIm For the Sake of It'. The Sonic Picture was one thing given that he's spent years working on Sonic so he should be able to AT LEAST draw the guy decently. What say we just steer the conversation away from this for now- his lousiness as an artist is self-evident. 

Yeah you are right. My bad. I don't know how to delete a post though. 

Just now, chaosjam said:

Yeah you are right. My bad. I don't know how to delete a post though. 

No need- just edit the post and get rid of the picture. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, chaosjam said:

Glad to see he hasn't lost his touch.

Spoiler

Can't lose something you've never had.