Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Who wrote that? Aren't Lost Ones and Republic like...not even a thing? Filmmaker? Really?

Also his lore for the comics isn't used in the "present day" as it all got wiped a few months ago. Really does seem to be written to make him out to be far more important than he is.

If I had to guess, either Penders or his lackey BobR wrote it when he applied. I highly doubt the people at Super Con know the details of what happened.

Looking at the IMBD page, he only worked on King of the Hill for two episodes.

Who knows if that's in direct correlation with his art quality.

Looking at the IMBD page, he only worked on King of the Hill for two episodes.

Who knows if that's in direct correlation with his art quality.

At least Hank always gave Penders the advice he needed to hear

I wanted to do a "toilet sounds" joke instead but I like the editing prowess :c

• Thumbs Up 1

It was storyboards yeah? I imagine his time in comics would have helped him land that one. That and storyboards aren't always the prettiest things to look at, most are far far removed from what the final product looks like. I imagine it didn't matter too much what his style looked like on those, besides the occasional ones on DVD extras no one gets to see those things beyond the production crew anyway >.<

He worked on a BRATZ direct to DVD movie? I'm going to have to dig that up because that sounds incredible..

Pssst.

tumblr_inline_n6bc1cMeX01re1bwb.jpg

This is that Cmr Mykhal Taelor guy he was on about earlier. Also according to Penders, part 1 of TLSC is subtitled "Shattered Tomorrows".

Okay...so he's a human apparently. I assume this guy stumbles upon the echid--oh sorry, Echyd'na alien race and something happens! At least it doesn't look as frightening as the Lien-Da poster.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pssst.

... Why is Grape Ape wearing a spacesuit there?

• Thumbs Up 2

Eww he just won't quit with those photo type backdrops will he. Let's colour shade it blue'ish and make it like he's on another planet. Also where's his face? He seems to love his upwards crotch shots too, dunno what's up with that fetish. Kinda gives off a Ruby Spears Megaman vibe almost. Wouldn't have hurt to show one boot too, looks like he's sinking into the ground rather than coming over a hill.

Is one of his eyes red and the other I assume to be black/brown?

EDIT: OK it looks like both eyes are red

These monstrosities are multiplying! we must destroy them with FIRE! and NAPALM! and Pehaps a Nuke!

But ya they are just terrible

Pssst.

This is that Cmr Mykhal Taelor guy he was on about earlier. Also according to Penders, part 1 of TLSC is subtitled "Shattered Tomorrows".

For a second there I thought it was a character model from Reboot...

But then I looked again and realized what it really was.

Also that is one pointy-ass codpiece.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man I feel as though some of the guys who made foodfight decided to hop in on this or something, I feel as though pender's might just be yanking everyone's chain with these and the real art is going to come near release.

• Thumbs Up 3

For a second there I thought it was a character model from Reboot...

But then I looked again and realized what it really was.

Also that is one pointy-ass codpiece.

He's got the D.

...That's d as in drill.

The suit kinda looks like it has parts from the Swatbots and Metal Sonic.

Nice to see that Penders still doesn't understand how perspective works.

Also his ankles appear to be clipping straight INTO the ground for whatever reason.

Wow the only good concept art he's posted

So is Mykhal Taelor supposed to be an audience surrogate or something...? Is he that unconfident in Julie-Su or Lara-Su in being able to carry this thing? I ask because I recall him saying something along these lines before, when it seems unnecessary, especially considering the stink he raised over these characters.

And, now that I look at it again... it kinda makes me think of the Mega Man design from the US box art. Still stuck in the 90s, I see. And Taelor seems kind of... gigantic now that I think about it. Maybe it's just the awkward perspective, but it seems weird.

EDIT:

"He's the character that enables new readers a means to comfortably enter this detail-rich new world." (link)

OK, I realize I'm not the greatest writer or storyteller, but I really don't think there's a need for this type of character. His intended audience is teenagers, Lara-Su is meant to be a teenager, and she's being written with the usual stereotypical teenaged drama that plagued the Sonic book under Penders's pen in later years, is that not enough to help his audience connect...? Of course, the people likely to support this thing are all well away from their teens at this point, so maybe that's his angle. I dunno.

Also, it's amusing the way twitter cropped the image on his page...

tumblr_inline_n6bc3zBR8g1re1bwb.png

I won't lie but this Mykhal Taelor looks rather decent than that Lien Da artwork that was posted weeks ago.

So far what bothers me is the blue parts of the suit, it just seems so plastic than metal.  

• Thumbs Up 2

"None other than" when introducing a brand new character/concept that no one has any clue about, beyond those that have been paying attention for the lol's like us or his handful of fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but using that kind of phrase is generally reserved for something otherwise well known isn't it? Like "It's none other than the president of the USA!" or "Look at that its none other than Mario!". I spose it can be used to denote surprise...but again we don't know who this guy is beyond him being the readers root in the story. I dunno...kinda seems like he's not using his words right to me >.<

So he's human, but still has a dumbass name from Avatar. Who wants to take a bet that this guy will wind up being a Robotnik surrogate sometime into the story?

Because honestly have you ever known Ken to write anything in his little Sonic universe that didn't have humans be evil or useless (except for his own family)? Don't forget that this was they guy planning on turning Station Square into invading jackasses and never once mentioned word one about any humans (save for a Knuckles-vaporized Robotnik in a flashback) in his little utopia of 25 Years Later.

So he's human, but still has a dumbass name from Avatar. Who wants to take a bet that this guy will wind up being a Robotnik surrogate sometime into the story?

Because honestly have you ever known Ken to write anything in his little Sonic universe that didn't have humans be evil or useless (except for his own family)? Don't forget that this was they guy planning on turning Station Square into invading jackasses and never once mentioned word one about any humans (save for a Knuckles-vaporized Robotnik in a flashback) in his little utopia of 25 Years Later.

Maybe Taelor will be the one "good one," or some nonsense. But I hadn't thought of that at all until you mentioned it.

Though, come to think of it, he'll probably use his failed Lost Ones characters, too. Didn't he say the villain from that (who I think was the main villain for the Sonic/Image crossover) was supposed to actually play a part in the Future Mobius stories somehow? I could swear I read that somewhere a while back.

Wouldn't have hurt to show one boot too, looks like he's sinking into the ground rather than coming over a hill.

Or Penders' CG artist is using a Fire Emblem Awakening tactic. (The little feetsies are cute in FE but if that's actually what's going on here that...is really...out of place...)

Looks better then Lien Da, tho