Awoo.

Nintendo Direct (Wii U/3DS Spring Titles) - February 13 [11PM CET/2PM PT]

Carbo

No new games were announced for Wii U which is a shame, but dat X and Bayonetta 2 gameplay made me salivate. God I'm hyped for those games, though I'm surprised there's still no official title for X yet. Huh...hopefully E3 will reveal more.

Also, I'm very happy to see that Little Mac in SSB4 and Koopalings in MK8 are real since I love Mac and his unique moveset and I really like the Koopalings. I'm definitely going to play as Wendy now! X3 The release though...ugh, so far away!

Now I just need to wait for the GBA to become available on Eshop and I can get Superstar Saga!

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope we get a bayo 2 direct at some point soon, I really wanna know more about it right now than what was in the direct.

All over now. Just got to wait for it to be uploaded. Disappointed there's no new game announcements and we still have nothing clearer than 2014 for some Wii U games. Mario Kart 8 is coming WAY too late, too.

Honestly, if I had to guess is that if they do have any on a fast track, they wont come till later this year, and be announced at E3

No new games were announced for Wii U which is a shame, but dat X and Bayonetta 2 gameplay made me salivate. God I'm hyped for those games, though I'm surprised there's still no official title for X yet. Huh...hopefully E3 will reveal more.

Also, I'm very happy to see that Little Mac in SSB4 and Koopalings in MK8 are real since I love Mac and his unique moveset and I really like the Koopalings. I'm definitely going to play as Wendy now! X3 The release though...ugh, so far away!

Now I just need to wait for the GBA to become available on Eshop and I can get Superstar Saga!

Ya, same on the superstar saga

tl;dw? Here's a summary -

Smash Bros - Lil Mac playable

3DS-

Mario Golf

Kirby

Yoshis Island remake

Steel Diver 2

Some Baseball game (missed the title cus the stream blows)

Pokemon Puzzle game

Professor Layton 12

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Weapon Shop (Rhythm game)

RPG Soccer game

Treasurenauts (not related to Scribblenauts)

Moon Chronicles (Metroid/Haloish)

Shovel Knight (8 bit platformer)

1001 Spikes (8 bit platformer)

Retro City Rampage (8 bit GTA)

Child of Light (Fairytale puzzle/platformer)

DKC Tropical Freeze trailer + Online leaderboard

Wii U -

NES REMIX 2 (bunch of later 8 bit remakes)

GBA Virtual Console update in Spring

Mario Kart 8 - Bowsers Koopalings added

Monolith Monster Hunter/Phantasy Star Online/Xenoblade game

Bayonetta 2

Shovel Knight through DKC Tropical Freeze are Wii U at least, I know that Shovel Knight is Wii U. Child of Light I definitely know is Wii U, and that's a platformer/RPG. Maybe with Puzzle elements, too, but they specifically stated it was an RPG.

Missed the direct, but I gotta say, Little Mac looks like a blast to play, and as a guy who spent a lot of his younger years on the Koopaling Fan page, Lemmy's Land, I've always wanted the Koopalings to appear in Mario Kart... So the announcement of the Koopalings in Mario Kart 8 made me a happy camper.

Bayonetta 2... Never played the first, but I'm gonna have to change that since this game looks like a ton of fun!

Yeah, the gameplay footage for X was great. They didn't announce anything new for Wii U, but there's a ton of epic updates. Plenty of great looking RPG's coming out, as well.

Since the new Shining Force wasn't shown in the Nintendo Direct, maybe its not on Nintendo? Would suck, but hopefully it is Wii U.

Going off of what I've observed about Mario Kart rosters, the Koopalings could all sensibly be included, but they would have to be the only characters we don't know about, and they would come at the expense of more obvious characters like Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.  Plausible, but atrociously unlikely.

Not that I expect anyone to care, I'm just trying to kill time.

I should have known, the moment I brushed them off as impossible was the moment their appearance was guaranteed.

It was a pretty nice direct, considering the focus was spring titles there were some nice surprises although the lack of new Wii U title announcements is worrying.

The reception here seems to be better than pretty much every Nintendo fansite. People there get their hopes up and end up blaming Nintendo when there expectations weren't in check.

I'm having difficulty seeing why people are so excited about X. It doesn't look too appealing to me. =(

It seems that 3DS will have strong 2014 support, while unfortunately will get no new game announcements in regards to Wii U.

Was at least, hoping for an exact release date for Bayonneta 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

I should have known, the moment I brushed them off as impossible was the moment their appearance was guaranteed.

I don't see how the Koopalings eliminates any other playable characters. I can see about 5-6 more characters after them would fill out the roster.

Most of the Wii U announcements were downloads, though. Nothing bad about that, either.

tl;dw? Here's a summary -

Smash Bros - Lil Mac playable

3DS-

Mario Golf

Kirby

Yoshis Island remake

Steel Diver 2

Some Baseball game (missed the title cus the stream blows)

Pokemon Puzzle game

Professor Layton 12

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Weapon Shop (Rhythm game)

RPG Soccer game

Treasurenauts (not related to Scribblenauts)

Moon Chronicles (Metroid/Haloish)

Wii U? -

Shovel Knight (8 bit platformer)

1001 Spikes (8 bit platformer)

Retro City Rampage (8 bit GTA)

Child of Light (Fairytale puzzle/platformer)

DKC Tropical Freeze trailer + Online leaderboard

Wii U -

NES REMIX 2 (bunch of later 8 bit remakes)

GBA Virtual Console update in Spring

Mario Kart 8 - Bowsers Koopalings added

Monolith Monster Hunter/Phantasy Star Online/Xenoblade game

Bayonetta 2

DKC Tropical Freeze IS Wii U. Its been known for months.

The other four games under "Wii U?" are Arcade/Indie games. Child of Light is a downloadable game by Ubisoft. I've seen GameExplain talk about Shovel Knight and 1001 Spikes, so that's how I know they're Wii U Indie games.

I'm having difficulty seeing why people are so excited about X. It doesn't look too appealing to me. =(

It seems that 3DS will have strong 2014 support, while unfortunately will get no new game announcements in regards to Wii U.

Was at least, hoping for an exact release date for Bayonneta 2.

Because its an absolutely amazing looking Wii U RPG. Unfortunately I missed out on Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story (I may still be able to get them somehow), no way am I doing that with X.

That Nintendo Direct was....sadly disappointing :(. They have so many games they could have showed off for Wii U but nope, just show videos of things we already know about and not tell us the release dates of that already announced games (Smash, Bayonetta and X not having their release dates is really irritating; after DKC, we have an long wait to Mario Kart...it would be nice if Bayonetta or something was coming soon after DK :().

Its great they gave us more info and announced some more 3ds games, but this direct really needed to be for Wii U with taking most of the direct, not being an after thought at the last 10 or so minutes :(.

At least we know Little Mac is in Smash and Mario Kart is having the Kopalings :).

The EU Direct is up to re-watch on the UK Nintendo site without the lag and shit. 

For what it was advertised as being the Direct was pretty good. Everything they showed was good and it feels like they're getting a much better handle on the format.

Quite a shame that we didn't get more than what we know though. Oh well, loved the new footage of Mario Kart, Smash, DKCTF, X and Bayo 2. They're must-haves at this point.

• Thumbs Up 4

Very excited and happy that Little Mac is coming to Smash Bros! My friend and I were actually discussing that earlier today, so it's awesome to see it's official. He's already on the Smash Bros site too:

illust-modal.jpg

As for the other announcements, Monster Hunter coming here is cool and Bayonetta 2 also looks good. Although, I don't have a Wii U to play it on and I've never had a Monster Hunter game, but maybe this one could be my first. Other than that, not much else for me specifically.

I mean, for a Direct that had less than a day of hype, it accomplished its job pretty well. Maybe they'll announce their next Direct way ahead of time and that will be the Wii U's moment to shine. 

From what I guess; they strung together this Wii U footage at the last minute so as to keep "some" consumer faith in the third party titles they haven't touched up on.

Finished watching the Nintendo Direct. Must say I quite liked the stuff they presented considering it was advertised as Spring releases. Little Mac on Smash Brothers is definitely a welcomed surprise, while Mario Kart 8, X and Bayonetta 2 look as gorgeous and freakin’ amazing as ever. I’m so pleased to see X’s gameplay retains the same mechanics seen in Xenoblade and possibly polished, then Bayonetta 2 in full-frenzy action made in Platinum, and Mario Kart 8 with the Koopalings ready to roll and make some mischief. Oh, and the DK Tropical Freeze trailer was shown to remind us how damn good the game is just a week before its release.

I’m also glad they confirmed plenty of release dates for 3DS software (Yoshi’s New Island and Kirby Triple Deluxe, OH YES! <3), but it might not be as good on the Wii U software for some people though (Mario Kart 8 on 30th May seems a bit too far for a release and there’s nothing else big in between DK and MK8 outside of NES Remix 2 and VC GBA titles). For the sole Wii U user it might not be enough stuff, while for the sole 3DS user there are plenty of stuff here and there; however, for the 3DS and Wii U owner (my case)… man, it’s gonna be a pretty damn good 3-month run!

Overall, a pretty decent Nintendo Direct. Hopefully the 2014 dated games (Smash Bros, X and Bayonetta 2) will finally have their fixed release dates as we further advance through the year; besides, Mario Kart 8 is gonna keep me pretty busy for months to come! =)

Well japan has a more stable lineup for hte GBA VC than we do

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222392-japan-wii-u-gba-vc-lineup-revealed

April 3rd

- Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
- WarioWare
- Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
- Golden Sun, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
- Advance Wars 1+2

April 30th

- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
- Mario Tennis Advance
- Wario Land 4
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- Metroid Fusion

Its official, Isaac announced for Smash Bros. April 3rd. Calling it.

I agree that would be awesome