Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

New episode starting soon. Like last week, I'm going to post a quick review thing after it's finished.

So, the episode's done. Now, I couldn't see a whole lot of this episode since my stream had some issues. So, when the episode is up on Youtube, I'll post  a full review. But, what I did see I enjoyed. The episode was basically a Knuckles episode. Some of the funniest parts were when Knuckles was in that barrel at the beginning. And, then the surprise Eggman inclusion. So, what I did see was good, but I couldn't see the whole episode. When it's up online on Youtube, I'll give a proper review. For now, this is what I have to say.

I'm glad we'll have another pair of villains for Season 2 in Charlie and his wife. Kinda makes you tired of the Lightning Dolts, Eggman, TW Barker, and Dave, huh? Also, I'm glad they chose to use the Heart Iris.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice episode, really got some vibes from that one Powerpuff girls episode called "Supper Villain" based on the plot and ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 Hours! I can already tell whos gonna be voiced by who, except Sticks...I hope someone recors it so i can show you how the episode was here.

Yet another winner. At least Knuckles now realizes his stupidity has consequences. Also, more talk of the Ancients. Yep, they definitely exist (existed?) in the TV show.

Perhaps my favorite part was the beginning when Knuckles screams he's a monster and runs out of the room, and Sonic mentions that time he thought he was a ballerina; Knuckles proceeded to do the exact same thing... except he gracefully danced out.

But you know what the bummer is? Next week, season one is over... but that's OK, because the episode it goes out on is looking to be huge.

• Thumbs Up 2

Two minor things from me on this episode:

Charlie looks young, like "he shouldn't be old enough to marry" young. Might just be me though.

Plus Tails getting shot by Charlie's weapon, freezing him in place, and saying he hasn't seen that before? Pretty funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Counter Productive was funny. We got an episode that did more than portray Knuckles as just a goofy numbskull. We also got an episode where Knuckles saves the day all on his own.   The concept of Knuckles having a realization of being counter productive, only to try fixing it with more unintentional acts of counter productiveness. I'd say the episode especially got good when Knuckles notices he made Charlie into a bully. I couldn't help but laugh at Tails' admiration for Charlie's weapon. He claimed he's never seen a weapon like this before, yet built a laser that did the same thing in Designated Heroes. 

I also found it a bit strange how after the opening scene, Sticks was cut out of the rest of the episode. Well, Amy was barely included at the opening, and was the only one who didn't speak during that scene, so maybe the writers thought it would be fair to have Amy be with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles for the remaining group scenes? It still seems strange for Sticks to not be included. I guess that realization of how she too was staying up late to see if Knuckles  and Sonic can stay up the longest, must have made her crash asleep for the following days, lol.

I kind of laughed at Knuckles unintentionally making a bully, instead of a friend, like he intended. There's just something strange about a jock like character getting bullied by a nerdy stereotype. I liked how his friends were concerned for Knuckles, instead of laughing at him, or mocking his situation. I liked how Amy tried giving Knuckles helpful advice, that's the Amy I like in this show, not the one who's bossy and sarcastic. It was also shocking to see Knuckles actually take her advice for once, instead of pulling the whole "you're not the boss of me" act he would normally give her.

The part where Knuckles stood up for himself was a fun scene. We finally got to see Knuckles do something heroic on his own. I liked Mike's 4th wall break on how they're spoofing off a school yard fight. Also, Eggman's cameo was funny. The ending would have made M. night Shamalon proud, lol. 

I can't believe we're down to one last episode for the season. I can't wait, it's just a shame Cartoon Network is too "counter productive" to bother promoting the finale.

• Thumbs Up 4

So, the episode just started.

Sonic sounds awesome. Eggman sounds a little younger. Tails sounds like a boy.

So.

Eveyone sounds very good, except tails is voiced by a guy, not a girl, and knuckles has a litttle more tough voice, and eggman sounds a little younger.

The first episode was really cool. I like how Sonic is acting like a good friend, unlike some other episodes. All of the characters acted really good. Also, the beaver was a little too rendom, also we dont see Mike( from Just a guy) and someone else not getting an interview, even tough they were outside.

The second episode was also cool/ Eggman can sometimes be really evil. Getting Sonic and Tails tired is awesome

EDIT: Man, i really wanted to record them so you can hear the voices. But i sadly dont have how to do it

Alright, today's episode of the show was actually pretty great! I like the new villain guy, Charlie--he reminds me of me after one particularly bad day--and I really do dig how this episode focuses on Knuckles again. Since Season 2 will be a thing soon, I hope that Charlie and his wife shows up more often during it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't help but feel like this episode would have been funnier if it had been someone from the games that Knuckles was unintentionally tormenting and not original the character. Heck, make it be Sonic. The premise could have focused on Knuckles eating a chili dog from the fridge. Sonic passively mentions 'Hey, where's my chili dog?' Knuckles is racked with guilt, and pesters Sonic incessantly, trying to make it up to him. He ruins a date with Amy, causes Sonic to get hurt in battle against Eggman, etc. Cultimating in a Sonic Vs. Knuckles fight in the middle of town. It really confuses me why the villagers are all original characters, when the games themselves have enough characters to populate the entire village. Couldn't help but groan inside at the ending. The villains in this show are terrible. They're too cute and non-threatening and Charlie is no different.

This episode was pretty great, we got a new villain, and a couple of new locations (unless the digging site was some underused location that I forgot).

I like how Knuckles is actually aware of how his stupidity and unawareness harms others and tries to improve himself.

I also like the ending, reminds me a lot of that one episode from PPG.

It's kinda sad that despite the next episode being soon (with a certain somebody in it), it would be the last episode of the season and we're probably not gonna hear much about the next one in some time. I mean, it's great that it was renewed, but I'll still miss anticipating a new episode for a while.

Wasn't big on the new Boom, to be honest. More than anything I just felt bad for Charlie.

Also:

"We're doing a parody of a schoolyard fight."

Wow. Usually this show is pretty good or at least decent at playing with clichés and the like, but here they just spelled out the joke completely. Lame.

Man, this season just keeps getting better and better! I've found that most of my favorite episodes are from after the summer hiatus, especially Battle of the Boy Bands onwards, and this one is no exception. Counter Productive is a fantastic episode, but the crazy thing is that I almost hated it. The episode started off strong, with some really funny moments (especially the ballerina joke), and seeing Knuckles feel bad about something he did so long ago was great, as was seeing him try to fix his wrongdoings.

Charlie is a great character, a new favorite for me, in fact. He has a great design, great voice, and great background. He has a wife (who was also pretty funny for her little bit of screen time) and experience in archaeology, which provides him with knowledge about the Ancients that he uses to get one of their old mechs running again. He went to the dark side after being pushed too far, and by the end of the episode, his wife joins him. This all makes for a very interesting villain, much more so than T.W. Barker or the Lightning Bolts.

What almost killed the episode for me was Knuckles' attempts to help. They started off funny, and his intentions were good, but when he got Charlie fired and thrown out of his house by his wife, I was suddenly no longer on Knuckles' side. Intentions don't matter much when someone's life is being ruined, the episode just starts to feel mean-spirited.

However, the episode managed to pull itself back out of the pit it had dug itself. Charlie going bad and bullying Knuckles was funny. Knuckles realizing what he did wrong and still trying to help Charlie, despite Charlie being the bully now, was nice and earned Knuckles back my sympathy. The fight at the end was actually pretty awesome, with awesome music to go with it. Knuckles offered Charlie a truce after winning the fight to show there are no hard feelings on his end, showing Knuckles to be a pretty big man (er, no pun intended). Finally the ending was hilarious, putting Charlie back on top as a supervillain, one that should definitely show up more in season two, because I feel there's a lot they could actually do with his character.

In short, great episode with great humor and a great new character. I can't wait to see the season finale in English. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Most likely tommonrow ill have the like to the episodes. Also, im sorry but  RO Tails>USA Tail. He sounfs like a guy

For people wanting to search the voices of the dubbers, here are the names( and ill put a link to the episode when someone puts it):

• Paul Zurbău - Sonic
  • Cosmin Petruț - Tails
  • Alina Leonte - Amy
  • Florian Silaghi - Knuckles
  • Anca Sigmirean - Sticks
  • Petre Ghimbășan - Doctor Eggman
  • Răzvan Vicoveanu and  Adrian Locovei - Orbot and Cubot, change the ş and ă and ţ with s,a,t
Edited by Diamond Knight

Well, in CN America they promote more their cartoons rather than the ones made by others.

TTG is not even made by the people at CN. And I see it promoted the most out of every CN show.

Anyone else find it amusing how almost every single villain in this show has turned out to be just a villager with delusions of grandeur? One season in and Sonic's village is already going to pot really fast.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

i really liked this episode!! XD it was pretty funny! and so cute!

i mean.. when Knuckles agreed to not allow Charlie to get his money because of Amy.. :wub: awww! that was sweet! 

also ..when Knuckles the Ballerina was on scene.. i'v noticed the guys were playing Fuzzy Puppies.. XD probably Amy was teaching them.. and Knuckles got confused... poor Knux

and Eggman showed up to the fight! XD that was hilarious! hahah he wouldn't allow himself to not appear at the almost last episode haha

this Charlie and wife.. it makes me wonder if they are related to Dave.. but ..well.. probably not.. anyway. it was nice this episode gave Knuckles a bit of consience and reasoning about his clumpsy personality..

a week for the last one of this season  wow.. the time goes fast °w°

Also, surely I'm not the only one who think's Charlie's mech looks pretty similar to Eggman's from the game?

latest?cb=20151107180704

latest?cb=20150103170713

Edited by Hyper Enesephus
  • Thumbs Up 6

[...] Also:

"We're doing a parody of a schoolyard fight."

Wow. Usually this show is pretty good or at least decent at playing with clichés and the like, but here they just spelled out the joke completely. Lame.

The fourth wall breaks towards the final episodes ended all up being very direct, which might not be for everyone. Personally I get a huge chuckle out of how straight they play it.

But it's true. Justin's producer conveniently revealed the whole scheme right in front of us. Talk about lazy writing.

Imagine all the stories that we can still tell with eight persons and four places, the possibilities are endless.

Edited by Patron Night

The fourth wall breaks towards the final episodes ended all up being very direct, which might not be for everyone. Personally I get a huge chuckle out of how straight they play it.

They at least weren't that unsubtle, to the point of explaining the joke, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Charlie: "But what about the truce?"

Wife: *brings up crossed fingers*

And it was that moment that Team Sonic knew... They fucked up.

Me: I feel like this line is aplicable to a lo of sonic related media. IIzukafacesonicboom.jpg

Just one more episode after today. Wow.

To think exactly one year ago we didn't even know what direction this show was going to take.

we still don't.

Actually we do. We know the characters and their personalities, the settings, the style of humor, the writing, and more. None of this was known a year ago.

We don't. Its the first season of a show. Apart of a section of a franchise, that doesn't know what it is, and has been tripping over its sports tape for the last year, and odds are the games and show weren't even being made in conjunction with each other. And We don't even know how they are going to handle other sonic boom media moving forward including the show itself. Along with that everyone personalities have been jumping everywhere the entire season like folks on the creative end didn't even know what to do.  Style of writing could easily change over time by change of direction or new writers. Style of humor could also change. Along with that, its a part of a franchise that's been trying to figure out what it wants to be and get out of itself. 

To take this season as indication of anything seems a  naive but ,very naive considering the company you are dealing with. but  hey man you your own person. I can't stop you . 

This whole past year or so with sonic boom has been " i don't know what is being done with this but alright "

On another note folks getting a little nuts with gifs about shadow. pretty funny though. 

Edited by Shadowlax