Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

There's a pretty clear difference with writing a comic book and writing for a TV show. Also the comic's tone is a light-hearted action adventure while Boom is straight up comedic, you can't really compare the two.

Except this episode that happens in the latter half turns into an action episode. It seems they have no issue turning episodes or sections into something else if it suits whatever. They could have just made this a more action episode, boom done. Go back to comedy right back after, shadow comes back around this is a bit more action, boom done. They sort of do it at the end of the episode, so why not just do it the whole episode. Make it regular, you go through a bunch of comedy episodes shadow comes around, its more actioney, he goes its comedy again. Everyone gets a thing hey like. You don't have to " change the idea of the show" as so many folks complain about. You can just make a fan service episode, call it day. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Unfortunately, I have some bad news. After the season finale, CN appears to be removing Boom from its schedule completely (at least until season 2 starts), only leaving the already-aired episodes premiering on Boomerang (two airings a day for two 11-minute episodes).

While I'm grateful Boom is still airing in some capacity, it's only on CN's less-popular sister channel. This will not stand for me, and probably not for some of you. We'll all just have to tune in and show CN once and for all that this wonderfully hilarious cartoon has a large following, one that would really like reruns and more advertising.

Somehow, I knew they'd do something like this at some point. Nowadays, Cartoon Network just seems to treat a good chunk of the shows they air that aren't Teen Titans Go like this.

• Thumbs Up 4

Somehow, I knew they'd do something like this at some point. Nowadays, Cartoon Network just seems to treat a good chunk of the shows they air that aren't Teen Titans Go like this.

Cartoon network is an interesting beast. 

WE INTERUPT YOUR SANIC BUM TALK WITH THIS SUDDEN PREVIEW PIC ALERT (even though we already saw the french version of this episode anyway)

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

• Thumbs Up 2

So, the Season Finale is starting very soon. Buckle up.

I know mate, I'm extremely excited... although, I know what happens anyway (Those damn French! Why did I spoil the episode for myself! Why must I understand the language?! xD)

So, with one episode daily, at the start of 2016 well be done with S1 and catch up with SUA

So now im gonna be the only one wholl post here?

i was in tears of joy when i saw shadow :D

anyways, pretty much the best parts of the episode were when shadow was kicking sonic's butt, He's really a much better fighter than I thought, since the only reason he lost was because of eggman's selfie lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Can we hold a funeral for the fourth wall? Because that episode absolutely destroyed it.

Best episode of the season right there. Well worth the wait.

• Thumbs Up 6

That was a great way to end the season! Shadow was perfectly in character, and Kirk Thornton's performance as him was pretty good. Also, Shads still managed to lend a few laughs despite being in his usual mood.

I mean, who would've imagined the guy would ever be defeated with the help of a selfie?!

And this episode was way more action-packed than ever. Eggman's little team-up really seemed to have Sonic and friends on the ropes; they just escaped by the skin of their teeth.

Wonderful job to the cast and crew! Can't wait for more Boom!

• Thumbs Up 7

So the first season is over. It will probably never air in my country because none of the earlier Sonic shows have. But thanks to the internet I have been able to watch the series. And I really liked it and I'm looking forward to the second season.

As for this last episode, it was fine. But at least there is some consistence: no matter how OP Sonic is, Shadow will always be more OP.

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked the season finale, the gang were in character, and had a great team effort throughout. I enjoyed Eggman fanboying over Shadow, and breaking the fourth wall on how he's the second best character in the canon. The scenes where Sonic and the gang were trying to help Amy build her shelf was kind of funny.

The final battle could've been longer, but it was still good. My only real complaint is that Shadow's voice still sounds awful and hissy. Orbot and Cubot's commentary of hoping for more episodes was kind of funny, yet made me sigh a bit as well. They joked about how limited the cast and locations were, while teasing for more of that, instead of teasing for more new locations to explore in season 2 and beyond. 

I still find Cartoon Network stupid for not promoting the last episode of season one. It also annoys me that there will be no reruns for the following weeks, and Teen Titans Go will take Sonic Boom's timeslot instead... (Just kill that damn show Cartoon Network, most everyone seems to hate that overrated pile of trash! I hope they see a sudden rating drop on the timeslot that used to be for Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

The season finale was fine. Personally, I wished the episode would've made fun of Shadow a little bit, but I guess there's always Season 2.

I did found it funny how Eggman was constantly fanboying over Shadow, and the fight scene was pretty good.

Overall, I was happy with this episode. I can't wait for Season 2. :) 

They guy talking in the video's ruining it, can you find one that has no commentary ?

I've edited above. I'll be keeping an eye out for a better version on Youtube

Dude, no offence but it's a bit hard to watch the episode with commentary over it. That and there's already a Boom thread.

• Thumbs Up 2

Overall, so that was the season finale for Sonic Boom. Overall, I thought that it was a pretty darn good episode, with a neat mix of comedy and action that I've been waiting a while to see again.

I do have a little problem with it, though: the tone of Shadow's voice sounded weird, for some reason. With what I've heard of him in the Boom games, I just can't help but wonder if that particular incarnation of the Dark Blur is just doomed to sound off.

• Thumbs Up 5

Kirk is kinda almost there for shadow. The guy gets deep and thats super intetesting. Because besides espio, he would be the only one with that gravely deepness. But then he goes back into this " im trying to do the anime" voice. And it doesnt work. Im sure they have been hearing this for years, but maybe kirk ain't right for shadow. 

I continue to be absolutely baffled by Cartoon Network's handling of this show.

That can be said about most things on CN. 

* cries about young justice in a corner*

Edited by Shadowlax
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kirk still needs to work on Shadow's voice. Gravely can be good, but he needs to ham it back up for the action oriented sequences. Shadow sounds halfway between bored and "look at my DragonBall Z voice" this entire episode.

In fact, I think Brian Drummond's Vegeta is the perfect comparison for this voice. Plenty of good edge, not quite delivering in the dedication to the character department.

Weird though, considering that guy voiced Knuckles in Sonic Underground, and we already have an eerily similarly named Ryan Drummond.

Overall though, this is how you do a season finale to a goofy series like this. Bringing back a bunch of villains, introducing the big you-know-who, and making fun of yourself eight times over. I can't wait to see what happens in the next season.

• Thumbs Up 3