Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I can't imagine Sonic Team's next game not being released on PS4 and Xbone. I'm sure whatever incentives Nintendo offered as their half of the exclusivity deal were enough to keep SEGA happy with that arrangement, but branching out to more powerful and popular platforms just makes sense for the franchise, especially if Sonic Team want to make their next game look interesting and worthwhile next to Boom.

I see Stephen Frost reading the topic "Hi!" *waves*

I was wondering if I could get a cheeky answer to a question.

"We've been told a lot by you and others how Boom's world is a living, breathing place to explore with a lot of history. Well I was wondering, is this just going to be limited to in-game? For example, 'Ah an old statue statue of *insert species here* this must be an ancient civilisation that once lived here!

Or will there be something like data files or a lore to it which players can access separately to the game (though it might be within the game). For example in the game Souls sacrifice, that game has pages and pages of information about the monsters, the world and it's history even though you never encounter that in the game.

Will Boom have anything like that?"

Edit: Oh he's gone =(

I think Sega's New IP., Hero bank sales is important. Because this game marketing strategy is as same as Sonic Boom.

These two games will be made to Game, TVA, Toyline, and Even Nintendo Exclusive. The difference between Hero bank and Sonic boom is Hero bank is released in Japan and Sonic Boom will be released in US, That's ALL. 

I think Sega's New IP., Hero bank sales is important. Because this game marketing strategy is as same as Sonic Boom.

These two games will be made to Game, TVA, Toyline, and Even Nintendo Exclusive. The difference between Hero bank and Sonic boom is Hero bank is released in Japan and Sonic Boom will be released in US, That's ALL.

Care to elaborate on that mentality?

I'm sorry but SEGA must prove that this should end this horrible deal that does not make more sales on the Wii U. Still PS4 is still the boss in gaming ever since and Sonic's still missing in both the PS4 and XB1 Action.

Because it worked oh so well the last time they rushed in to join the other two.Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

Oh wait, no it didn't.

• Thumbs Up 7

There's literally no point in complaining about the lack of Sonic games on PS4 and XB1 when they're making one right now.  Even if we didn't have that leak at a toy fair or wherever it was, it would be a rock-solid assumption.

• Thumbs Up 5

I say that the 2015 game is All-Stars Racing 3, the timing and such fits. I'm thinking the next Sonic Team game is the 25th anniversary game in 2016. Which is likely for all three (four if including 3DS) platforms, maybe PC as well.

This is fair since this is surely the main Unleashed/Gens team's game, and HOLY SHIT they've had oodles of time on it, FIVE YEARS since Gens by then. That's unheard of in this day and age for Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 7

As much as it's gonna pain me without such a game, I wonder if I'd mind it being that long until another one.

If it did, then it'd have to be a big game. No excuses for small / under-developed stories, no excuses for lack of extra content, no excuses for unrefined gameplay. Then again, going until 2015 I should expect the same there too, since four years on a Sonic title is still almost unheard of.

• Thumbs Up 3

I say that the 2015 game is All-Stars Racing 3, the timing and such fits. I'm thinking the next Sonic Team game is the 25th anniversary game in 2016. Which is likely for all three (four if including 3DS) platforms, maybe PC as well.

This is fair since this is surely the main Unleashed/Gens team's game, and HOLY SHIT they've had oodles of time on it, FIVE YEARS since Gens by then. That's unheard of in this day and age for Sonic Team.

It's pretty unheard because of how long it normally takes for them to make a Sonic game. For that 25th anniversary game, it better be much longer then a typical Sonic game and must be finished on time completely. Oh, and if it has Adventure gameplay, that would be awesome! If it happens to go wrong though we might have this again:

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

Switching back to Boom, i'm wondering if the game will have a double jump. Maybe something one of the character can do? Sonic?

I'm pretty sure at least one interview (there've been so many I completely forget which, or who was even being interviewed) mentioned double jumping offhand. So it's almost certainly in the game in some form, but which characters have it is a mystery.

Most likely Amy will have double jump because of her acrobatic skills. Sonic will probably have his homing attack, Tails most likely will be able to fly for a short period of time, and hopefully Knuckles will be able to glide.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if certain actions can only be used with the right team, this reminds me of Sonic Advance 3 and it's team types =D. You got Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy & Cream. Depending on which team you use you have a dominant type like Speed, Power & Flying! So like if you got Sonic & Tails for example, you can boost Tails off at high speeds! But yea I would totally love to see this. 

Also Sonic does get the double jump, I think BR mentioned something about the timing of the Double Jump or something. 

I want them to bring back the hammer jump. I loved that move.

Yeah that's what I was gonna say..Amy gets that as a double jump of her own. Sonic gets the default double jump which is a good thing for an exploration platformer and the rest keep their default abilities...

,,,I wonder if Knux can glide with all that weight../=

Classic Sonic: Ha! Who's gained weight now, huh? XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles has gained muscle and a "delicious whipped cream filling". Classic Sonic is just fat.

SSSSHHHHHHHH, he's sensitive about that!

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as it's gonna pain me without such a game, I wonder if I'd mind it being that long until another one.

If it did, then it'd have to be a big game. No excuses for small / under-developed stories, no excuses for lack of extra content, no excuses for unrefined gameplay. Then again, going until 2015 I should expect the same there too, since four years on a Sonic title is still almost unheard of.

This concerns me too. If next year's game is a new All Stars spinoff, then the game released in 2016 has to blow our minds. It's Sonic's 25th and they're obviously not going to do another Anniversary game since we had one only 5 years before. I want it to be something on the scale of Sonic Unleashed without all the dumb gimmicks; great story, great characters, great level design (not too much QTE and boost2win though pls), great music and above all, next gen graphics!

I swear if we don't get any of that in Sonic's next gen outing, I'm never trusting Sonic Team again. =P

• Thumbs Up 7

This concerns me too. If next year's game is a new All Stars spinoff, then the game released in 2016 has to blow our minds. It's Sonic's 25th and they're obviously not going to do another Anniversary game since we had one only 5 years before.

Why wouldn't they give us a 25th Anniversary game? We've had anniversary games for every 5 years (3D Blast, Adventure 2, '06, Generations), so why wouldn't we get a new one for the 30th?

I agree with everything else you said though. I'd love a game on the scale of Unleashed, as opposed to Colors, Gens, and Lost World. Big story, great gameplay (albeit controversial in Unleashed's case), plenty of stages and post-game content, new and fun/big characters, and hopefully more than one playable character (no new Sonic transformations OR Wisps please, thank you). Amazing music and looks are a given of course, seeing as it's a SEGA/Sonic Team game.

Oh, and PC port please, not console exclusive. Generations did it right.

• Thumbs Up 1

As generic as it sounds, I'm still hoping we get another Sonic Adventure game that doesn't suck.

I suppose full-HD remakes of the first two with numerous gameplay and graphics/sound updates would also do.

I'm a big fan of the interaction with the fans these days. It's just a shame Sonic Team themselves have the language barrier between them and fan response.

• Thumbs Up 2

Usually Big the cat is a joke...

When people are reported, know that staff can see the original post. Since you edited it, you probably know what you said wasn't cool, but I'm going to reiterate anyway: do not provoke people by bringing off-site drama here and stirring the flames. It will get you in trouble here as well.

• Thumbs Up 5