Awoo.

If you could change anything in the Sonic Universe right now, what would you change?

Kagura_Nitrogat

Of course he realizes how shitty Tails have been lately, that's exactly his point, and EXACTLY THE PROBLEM. Tails has been as shitty character with no development or important role in the stories lately, because Sonic Team have treated him so badly. And that's exactly why we dont want new characters like Chip showing up and being treated much better than Tails.
That's not what he got across to me though. What I got from him was that Tails was a good character, despite whatever bad development that was associated with him. I could go deeper from what I was getting from him, but let's just say it sounded a bit classicist to me.

But what I'll say is that if Sonic Team treats Tails badly where he becomes a shitty character, then bottom line Tails is a shitty character, not an existing good one.

I'm glad somebody gets it.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you were a bit more clear, then I probably would've gotten it too, and probably wouldn't have needed someone else to say it for you. ;)

It may seem stupid to argue that Tails could've filled that role when people seem to find all these differences between Tails and Chip, but if that role had been written differently there would be no need for chip.

At the same time, it wouldn't necessarily mean there would be a need for Tails either.

Tails may be in a similar boat with Sonic and Eggman, but he's not fully excluded in needing a role to justify his being in the game. Like Shadow, he needs a reason, and you can't throw him in their for the sake of being Sonic's best friend. That's too shallow.

Sure you can argue that the story is gone then, but so what?? Write a better story!

I'd agree, however you're not always guaranteed better story.

I would object to this say maybe if they hadn't done super powered epic monster of the week plot already or if they hadn't split the world already, but none of the is new, none of this is groundbreaking stuff, its the same crap we get every game, except this time they've blatently filled a "Tails" role instead of merely shoehorning a new character with new traits into the spotlight.

I'm looking at this (and other arguments after this), and I can't help but think this more of a jealously thing between the whole Chip and Tails thing than it is over the character roles in Unleashed's story, especially looking at the theme of the plot which folks seem to neglect any attention to.

Having Tails fill Chip's role wouldn't make things better or worse (I'd think it would be worse, but who really knows?). I agree that they should stop introducing new characters game after game, but simply having Tails around does not make a plot any better or worse. They can have a game without him, and use only Shadow and Espio going against Eggman for whatever reason and you'd still have a plot that could be good or bad.

Besides that Tails could've and should've had that role.

Tails is NOTHING like Chip. I don't care how redundant you say it is, but that's how it is.

Tails would do better following both Sonic AND Chip around in the game, or staying out of the game period, but even without the Light Gaia stuff there's nothing similar between the two for Tails to flat out replace Chip for that role.

If you want a character who is similar to Chip in almost EVERY trait to replace him, bar the Light Gaia stuff, then Charmy is your best candidate. He's childish, goofy, the practically the same height as Chip, and he could do some crazy damage with that stinger of his. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I feel that all that really needs to be done with Tails at this point is to restore him not just to playable status, but to actually doing things with his physical body like he used to. Gadgets are all right, but he shouldn't just be the vehicle/item guy.

Though, some more development of his friendship with Sonic would be nice too. I feel like Amy and Sonic's unusual friendship has been treated a little more maturely lately(Without losing the comedic appeal) and I think that's really cool. I'd just like to see the same happy to Tails since I view each character equally as far as being "Sonic's closest friends."

Change the Sonic Archie comics into a Sonic Video game. The story itself is worth having a game about. I've always found the story in the comic to be better then the game. Yeah, SA/2 had great stories, but out of that it's nothing else interesting about the plot. Seems like Sega throws together whatever they can at as a last minute resort.

Change the Sonic Archie comics into a Sonic Video game. The story itself is worth having a game about. I've always found the story in the comic to be better then the game. Yeah, SA/2 had great stories, but out of that it's nothing else interesting about the plot. Seems like Sega throws together whatever they can at as a last minute resort.

..... um.... no. Don't think I'd want that. (not that I don't like the Archie Comics... :unsure: {in fact, I read them if given the chance.} {....I just feel the comics should be thier own world, and the games another})

EDIT: Acctually, I wouldn't mind seeing a game that involves Present-Day SegaSonic meeting up with Sonic Prime. That'd be fucking awesome. x3

Edited by Dashing Blue

First of all, I would decrease the total amount of Chaos Emeralds from 7 down to 5, because this way I wouldn't suck anymore. :lol:

(Seriously, it's like I'm cursed or something. I could never collect more than 5 in any game that I played, no matter how hard I tried.)

And besides, 7 is such an ugly-looking number. How could it possibly bring someone luck? I've always considered the number 8 to be the prettiest & the sexiest single-digit number of them all. And I still do. :P

Anyways, I would also change it so that Antoine the coyote and Rotor the walrus would become canon game characters rather than being reserved as non-cannon cartoon/comicbook characters.

Oh, and one more thing... I would allow Tikal to become the single dominating guide, by completely removing Omochao from the franchise.

And that's it. I would leave everything else unchanged.

Edited by DarkJedi188