Awoo.

If you could change anything in the Sonic Universe right now, what would you change?

Kagura_Nitrogat

Tails.

Imagine if Tails hangs out with Sonic in future games as much as Chip hung out with him in Sonic Unleashed. Just imagine. I wonder why they forgot about that. All Tails is these days is a nerd with no personality who's undone his own character development. Are he and Sonic really still best friends, or just mere acquaintances now? The only thing keeping me from answering my own question is the fact that they ran/flew off together at the end of Sonic Unleashed quite like they did in Sonic Adventure, leading me to think that the developers still remember. But that's a thin thread to hang onto.

'Unbreakable bond' my ass. Excuse my bitter mood.

Tails.

Imagine if Tails hangs out with Sonic in future games as much as Chip hung out with him in Sonic Unleashed. Just imagine. I wonder why they forgot about that. All Tails is these days is a nerd with no personality who's undone his own character development. Are he and Sonic really still best friends, or just mere acquaintances now? The only thing keeping me from answering my own question is the fact that they ran/flew off together at the end of Sonic Unleashed quite like they did in Sonic Adventure, leading me to think that the developers still remember. But that's a thin thread to hang onto.

'Unbreakable bond' my ass. Excuse my bitter mood.

This, dammit. I'm fine with there being other characters and them having their fair share of the spotlight, but unless the situation specifically calls for otherwise, the main characters should have priority. I mean, I liked Chip. A lot. But he was incredibly unnecessary as his niche is already met by Tails, and considering the fact that Tails and his relationship with Sonic haven't really developed since Adventure 2, there's really no reason Unleashed couldn't have been his first moment to shine in a while. Edited by SuperStingray

While Chip hung around Sonic in a similar fashion as Tails, he in no way replaced Tails in what Tails is usually known for. They went around the world together, but that's about the only thing you can compare Chip and Tails on. There are major differences between Chip's interaction with Sonic than Tails'.

Chip for the most part never physically fights until the final boss with Dark Gaia and only gave advice and hints during the game, whereas if it were Tails he would be more physically active in combat and would assist Sonic in reaching higher places. Plus, Chip was the only one around to somehow save Sonic when he was falling to earth at the start of the game (unless there was something else doing that shield thing as he fell), and since he lost his memory Sonic took it upon himself to have in around to jog his memory. Tails, meanwhile, was...doing something that ended up with him being surrounded by Dark Gaia creatures.

And Chip essentially was the one who had role as a balance to Dark Gaia. Tails could in no way be anything like that.

Chip's relationship with Sonic isn't the only thing as to why he was around in the first place, guys.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Chip for the most part never physically fights until the final boss with Dark Gaia and only gave advice and hints during the game, whereas if it were Tails he would be more physically active in combat and would assist Sonic in reaching higher places. Plus, Chip was the only one around to somehow save Sonic when he was falling to earth at the start of the game (unless there was something else doing that shield thing as he fell), and since he lost his memory Sonic took it upon himself to have in around to jog his memory. Tails, meanwhile, was...doing something that ended up with him being surrounded by Dark Gaia creatures.

I don't really know about that. Lately Tails hasn't been very active in combat, and usually all he does now is either pilot the Tornado or give Sonic gadgets. And the problem with Unleashed is that Chip is actually more useful than Tails. And from the way Sonic acts toward Tails and Chip, it seems like Chip replaced Tails as Sonic's best friend.

What I would change? I would probably the whole confusing Blaze paradox and make sure Blaze only appears in their own dimension, not the future of Sonic's dimension like '06's story.

I don't really know about that. Lately Tails hasn't been very active in combat, and usually all he does now is either pilot the Tornado or give Sonic gadgets.
It's a comparison on how different they would've been if one was around instead of the other, not on what they've been doing lately.

Chip isn't usually around in the game except for the cutscenes and whenever he could give hints. While I won't guarantee this, Tails would more than likely play similar to his Sonic 2 & 3 self if he were used instead of Chip, because Chip is too small to do anything involving combat unlike Tails

And the problem with Unleashed is that Chip is actually more useful than Tails.

Chip is essentially Unleashed's Omochao in-game, that's about it. While it's more than what Tails did in the game, it's still not really much to replace Tails.

And from the way Sonic acts toward Tails and Chip, it seems like Chip replaced Tails as Sonic's best friend.

Sonic can't have more than one best friend? And Tails wasn't even around most of the time, so I wouldn't go saying that he replaced Tails when Tails himself wasn't around majority of the time.

Sonic can't have more than one best friend? And Tails wasn't even around most of the time, so I wouldn't go saying that he replaced Tails when Tails himself wasn't around majority of the time.
And thats the problem right there.

Tails wasn't around. Chip was entirely unnecessary as he took over EVERY role Tails could/should have played barr "Light GAYai".

SU was horrible to Tails; you barely got to see him and he was treated like some chauffeur to Sonic, who apparently forgot that they both had some relation, and seemed to interact to a bare minimum.

This is just another reason why Sonic Unleashed does not feel like a Sonic game in the least to me. Sure it had some partially fun gameplay, but in the majority of story and canon it was NOTHING like Sonic and completly out of character for the series.

I personally feel that Unleashed would have been better had it been both Sonic and Tails showing Chip around and basically teaching him what it's like to be an average mortal. Granted the game was meant to be a "Only Sonic playable" game, perhaps due to the backlash against the multiple characters in 06, but Tails playing an important role without being playable isn't unheard of(See the Rush series).

Tails wasn't around.

And?Tails was more unneccessary the way I look at it, seeing as how he didn't contribute diddly squat except to fly Sonic around the globe, and from the way they made the story he would've been better off cut from this game if he barely has any role 90% of the time, and I'm saying this out of the sake of their roles.

...or Tails could've still followed them around, but either way he wouldn't do much to become more important than you think he is. He's not the most essential character, despite whatever links make him an exception. He may be more important than the likes of Knuckles, but the game can still go on without him.

Chip was entirely unnecessary

Oh, don't even try to pull that card out...:rolleyes:

as he took over EVERY role Tails could/should have played barr "Light GAYai".

You mean playing OmoChao and Comic Relief? Since when did Tails play those roles? And who's to say it couldn't have been any other character?...well scratch that last part, I'm not exactly sure any other character could fill that role unless you were going to rewrite them.

However, that "Light GAYai" part is surpisingly what makes Chip more important than Tails in the game. Without it, you've likely screwed a good chunk of the story present (despite however much you would've disliked it regardless), a part which Tails in no way could play substitute to.

And even without Chip, there's still no way Tails would do ANY of the roles Chip played a part of. Folks get mad if it were Tails with amnesia seeing as how they did Shadow, and likely complain that Tails would be acting out of character if he acted like Chip did. And don't get me started on personalities.

SU was horrible to Tails; you barely got to see him and he was treated like some chauffeur to Sonic, who apparently forgot that they both had some relation, and seemed to interact to a bare minimum.

This is just another reason why Sonic Unleashed does not feel like a Sonic game in the least to me.

Same with Amy. Folks should've been more clear when folks said they only wanted to play as Sonic, don'cha think? :D

Then again, we can't all be pleased, now can we?

This is just another reason why Sonic Unleashed does not feel like a Sonic game in the least to me. Sure it had some partially fun gameplay, but in the majority of story and canon it was NOTHING like Sonic and completly out of character for the series.
Aside from the introduction of Chip, SA-55 "Ergo", and Pickle, everything seemed exactly how we wanted in terms of how the characters behaved...although I guess I can't speak for everyone on that part. :lol: Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

And?Tails was more unneccessary the way I look at it, seeing as how he didn't contribute diddly squat except to fly Sonic around the globe, and from the way they made the story he would've been better off cut from this game if he barely has any role 90% of the time, and I'm saying this out of the sake of their roles.
Which is entirely the writers fault. Tails is only unneccessary because Chip is there. Take out Chip you have the place for Tails, but nooo they NEED to add lame new characters rather than use the existing GOOD ones, cuz thats all shinny and new and what the kids want.

...or Tails could've still followed them around, but either way he wouldn't do much to become more important than you think he is. He's not the most essential character, despite whatever links make him an exception. He may be more important than the likes of Knuckles, but the game can still go on without him.

...Or they could've written a role that didn't involve some stupid epic large monster fight that we've totally never seen in the past every Sonic game since 1999, and had Tails be Tails by Sonic's side. Seriously besides the "twist" of Chip being some stupid opposite to the monster of the week, he is essentially Tails...sure he's the "comedic relief" if you wanna call it that, but that wasn't even neccessary anyway as it made me gag rather than laugh. For the most part Tails could easily have filled Chip's role, just as the werehog was another usurper of the role perfectly described as fitting to Knuckles.

How was chip omachao? Omachao is just a tutorial/explaination character, I don't see chip doing any of this, I think you've confused this just due to the fact they both are small and fly.

That "Light GAYai" part is surpisingly what makes Chip more important than Tails in the game. Without it, you've likely screwed a good chunk of the story present (despite however much you would've disliked it regardless), a part which Tails in no way could play substitute to.

And even without Chip, there's still no way Tails would do ANY of the roles Chip played a part of. Folks get mad if it were Tails with amnesia seeing as how they did Shadow, and likely complain that Tails would be acting out of character if he acted like Chip did. And don't get me started on personalities.

Well my qualms here is more with SU than the exclusion of Tails. SU was lame. It didn't need chip, yet it wrote a whole story around him. If they had used Tails sure a whole chunk of story is missing, but its a whole chunk of crappy story that really only comes into play at the end of the game. Its only at the end that you find out why chip is so "important"..all through the game his role could easily have been filled by Tails til we get to that gaia crap: write out the gaia junk, you dont need chip..and its better for the story anyway as we could have a decent not epic monster of the week ending.

Same with Amy. Folks should've been more clear when folks said they only wanted to play as Sonic, don'cha think? :D

Then again, we can't all be pleased, now can we?

For the record, I for one have never complained about "only having Sonic", I have complained about adding new characters and having the spotlight flung onto them and only them for the novelty of it, and SU is very guilty of that.

The fact that you get to play as only Sonic doesn't neccessarily mean that they are cattering for people that want "only Sonic" though, as you can play as Sonic, but the majority of story and cutscenes focus on chip, so its hardly "sonic only", its more "play as Sonic, focus on chip, chip chip" and forget that Sonic does live in a world where other characters live, as SU seemed to take the "sonic only" sentiment over zealously, and shun anything that made the game feel remotely like other furries could exist in it.

Aside from the introduction of Chip, SA-55 "Ergo", and Pickle, everything seemed exactly how we wanted in terms of how the characters behaved...although I guess I can't speak for everyone on that part. :lol:

Hahaha, well for me it was NOTHING like the characters should've acted. It didn't seem anything like a Sonic game. As I mentioned before, the Sonic/Tails relationship seemed more like apathetic aquaintances rather than best buddies, but thats just opinion namely mine.

IMO Sonic unleashed was a joke of a game.

I'm gonna have to say the fanbase in general. You know, the standard stuff, like being divided and all that, but the littler things too, like a fan telling another fan they don't really like their opinions or ideas in the meanest way possible. I mean, how hard is it for some fans to voice their views on a subject without being a total asshole and putting others down in the process? What do they get outta that? A pat on the back for being "cool?" Geez... Give peace a chance will ya?.....

*mini rant over*

If I could change anything about Sonic, it would be the new characters. Every game introduces a new character, sometimes more. And it's becoming way to much. Some of the new characters are a welcoming addition. Rouge, (Shadow sometimes) but there are to many that do nothing but take away from the games. I don't know anyone who likes Big the Cat. And there are way to many Hedgehogs.

I like Shadow for the most part, but he is taking the thunder from both Sonic and Knuckles. He seems to be more of a main character than Sonic sometimes. And he pretty much took Knuckles' place as the bad ass good guy.

There's enough characters, Stop adding more Sonic Team!

Which is entirely the writers fault. Tails is only unneccessary because Chip is there. Take out Chip you have the place for Tails, but nooo they NEED to add lame new characters rather than use the existing GOOD ones, cuz thats all shinny and new and what the kids want.

I don't see why Tails has to be number 1 priority to every single game and for Sonic.

...Or they could've written a role that didn't involve some stupid epic large monster fight that we've totally never seen in the past every Sonic game since 1999, and had Tails be Tails by Sonic's side. Seriously besides the "twist" of Chip being some stupid opposite to the monster of the week, he is essentially Tails...sure he's the "comedic relief" if you wanna call it that, but that wasn't even neccessary anyway as it made me gag rather than laugh. For the most part Tails could easily have filled Chip's role, just as the werehog was another usurper of the role perfectly described as fitting to Knuckles.

If it were like that, it might had well be an entirely different story altogether, cause Tails and Knuckles taking Chip and the Werehog's place wouldn't work in the context of the story and gameplay.

How was chip omachao? Omachao is just a tutorial/explaination character, I don't see chip doing any of this, I think you've confused this just due to the fact they both are small and fly.

Chip essentially is the tutorial/explanation character, in the Wii version at least.

Well my qualms here is more with SU than the exclusion of Tails. SU was lame. It didn't need chip, yet it wrote a whole story around him. If they had used Tails sure a whole chunk of story is missing, but its a whole chunk of crappy story that really only comes into play at the end of the game. Its only at the end that you find out why chip is so "important"..all through the game his role could easily have been filled by Tails til we get to that gaia crap: write out the gaia junk, you dont need chip..and its better for the story anyway as we could have a decent not epic monster of the week ending.

If it were like that, Chip's twist would come off as being a Dues Ex Machina.

SU seemed to take the "sonic only" sentiment over zealously, and shun anything that made the game feel remotely like other furries could exist in it.

And then we'd get people complaining about so many unnecessary characters all over the place. But that's the fanbase's problem. Though it would've been better if they at least added some familiar characters as NPCs in some of the hub worlds.

Which is entirely the writers fault. Tails is only unneccessary because Chip is there.

The writer seemed to do a good job to me, and I'm not that easily pleased, especially seeing what Sonic Unleashed could've done better. But I only speak for myself...

Take out Chip you have the place for Tails,

Take out Chip and you've fucked a good portion of the story already laid out.

but nooo they NEED to add lame new characters rather than use the existing GOOD ones,

Existing good ones?

I don't know if you've realized, but Tails has been as shitty as Shadow the Hedgehog lately, so don't even try to bring that crap out. If anything, Chip has what Tails and others have been lacking lately: GOOD development. Wether you see it as such or not, he has some development that other's could use at this point.

cuz thats all shinny and new and what the kids want.

Oh, jealous of the kids now are we? :lol:

...Or they could've written a role that didn't involve some stupid epic large monster fight that we've totally never seen in the past every Sonic game since 1999, and had Tails be Tails by Sonic's side.

Still wouldn't have changed a thing if it were like that.

Seriously besides the "twist" of Chip being some stupid opposite to the monster of the week, he is essentially Tails...

Not really. He doesn't build or fly planes, he doesn't have two tails, he doesn't get tired of flying, he behaves like a kid most of the time...only thing he really does is fly, act goofy, give advice, and then turn into a superpowered temple golem, all of which (bar flying) Tails has hardly done.

sure he's the "comedic relief" if you wanna call it that, but that wasn't even neccessary anyway as it made me gag rather than laugh.
It's not what I want to call it, it's what it was MEANT to be. Wether you liked it or not doesn't equate to everyone else, and you already know how split this is already. Deal with it and move on, man.

For the most part Tails could easily have filled Chip's role, just as the werehog was another usurper of the role perfectly described as fitting to Knuckles.

No, he couldn't. Tails would in no way be the same as Chip nor would Knuckles be the same as the werehog. There are many obvious differences between the mechanics of the game that you be blind not to see how they wouldn't work as a good substitute.

You serious? Because that's EXACTLY what he did throughout parts of the game. I think you might be the one confused here, because it's pretty clear that he served that exact role.

Well my qualms here is more with SU than the exclusion of Tails. SU was lame.
Over one simple character who's just as unimportant as Shadow, Cream, Knuckles, Amy, pretty much the entire cast bar Sonic and Eggman? Okay, if that's what you want to shake a fist at, I'm not going to stop you than I will debate with you.

It didn't need chip, yet it wrote a whole story around him.

SA didn't need Chaos, yet it wrote a whole story around him.

SA2 didn't need Shadow, yet it wrote a whole story around a big part of him.

Sonic 06 didn't need Silver, yet it wrote a good chunk around him.

You could say the same thing for just about anything else throughout this whole series lifespan, it's not going to hold any water to it.

If they had used Tails sure a whole chunk of story is missing, but its a whole chunk of crappy story that really only comes into play at the end of the game. Its only at the end that you find out why chip is so "important"..all through the game his role could easily have been filled by Tails til we get to that gaia crap: write out the gaia junk, you dont need chip..and its better for the story anyway as we could have a decent not epic monster of the week ending.

Do all that, and you're STILL likely make the story just as bad or even worse than it WITH Chip.

For the record, I for one have never complained about "only having Sonic", I have complained about adding new characters and having the spotlight flung onto them and only them for the novelty of it, and SU is very guilty of that.

The fact that you get to play as only Sonic doesn't neccessarily mean that they are cattering for people that want "only Sonic" though, as you can play as Sonic, but the majority of story and cutscenes focus on chip, so its hardly "sonic only", its more "play as Sonic, focus on chip, chip chip" and forget that Sonic does live in a world where other characters live, as SU seemed to take the "sonic only" sentiment over zealously, and shun anything that made the game feel remotely like other furries could exist in it.

Well, what you see is what you get, and we don't always get what we always want. ;)

Hahaha, well for me it was NOTHING like the characters should've acted. It didn't seem anything like a Sonic game. As I mentioned before, the Sonic/Tails relationship seemed more like apathetic aquaintances rather than best buddies, but thats just opinion namely mine.

IMO Sonic unleashed was a joke of a game.

It's better than the shit we got post-SA2/Heroes. :P

I don't see why Tails has to be number 1 priority to every single game and for Sonic.

Name me the recent games where Tails has been priority?? Because in most recent game SONIC isn't even the #1 priority, its usually some one shot new character. All I'm saying is; if they are going to write a character in with so many similarities to Tails, or so many traits that could easily fit Tails, why not use Tails? Especially when there is so much talk on forums about how Tails and Knuckles are shunned these days in lieu of other characters.

If it were like that, it might had well be an entirely different story altogether, cause Tails and Knuckles taking Chip and the Werehog's place wouldn't work in the context of the story and gameplay.

Well to me it kinda seemed like the whole game was written around that plot point, but yeah, I would have preffered it being entirely a different game. Eggman could've split the planet, and then Sonic and Tails go about trying to put it back together, ending with a confrontation on Eggman's base to access a machine to help fuse the planet back together. No lame expected monster of the week, and no lame Chip. It follws the basic premise of the games plot, and it isn't that hard to write those roles without having to add new uneeded characters.

Chip essentially is the tutorial/explanation character, in the Wii version at least.

Ah I see the wii version. I've only played the 360 version, so that might be the case on that version. (I do own the wii version too, but after enduring one play through that un-sonicy affair, I couldn't bring myself to play through another)

If it were like that, Chip's twist would come off as being a Dues Ex Machina.

Well in the case of replacing chip with Tails, there wouldn't be a need for chip or the whole dark/light gaia, so no deus ex machina would be needed. It would be a classic Sonic and Tails buddy adventure.

And then we'd get people complaining about so many unnecessary characters all over the place. But that's the fanbase's problem. Though it would've been better if they at least added some familiar characters as NPCs in some of the hub worlds.

I only view characters as unneccessary if they are shoved in as playable, or in the story when uneeded, such as Knuckles being in everything that doesn't involve the M.E or angel island, but again, this is a writting fault. Rather than having Sonic visiting unknown new locations in some lame attempt to push this whole "real world" theme they were aiming for, they could've had Sonic and Tails go to places like mystic ruins and Big would be in the hub world, or Station Square and see Amy, or somewhere where the Chaotix detective building is and see the Chaotix. I'm not saying make them playable or have a huge role in the game, but having their prescence subtly in the background of the main plot reinforces the idea that this is Sonic's world.

It's better than the shit we got post-SA2/Heroes. :P
Nah, at least Sth and even S'06 felt like they could exist in the Sonic continuity, SU is not Sonic by any means.

Anyways, my anti-Sonic Unleashed rant is kinda off topic of this whole uh...topic.

SU is something I'd change, ei: write off as uncanon, fire it into the sun etcetera, though I am highly prejudice towards it as I am of the ideal that Sonic should be about fantasy and not resembling our world at all.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Especially when there is so much talk on forums about how Tails and Knuckles are shunned these days in lieu of other characters.

I won't continue the talk on Unleashed at this moment, but seriously, Tails and Knuckles are not that friggin' important. They're on the same boat as every other character after them, they're used when the writers use them, and fucked off when the writers choose not to use them.

Only reason most folks get concerned over those two is mostly because they came first, and that point holds a dry pail of sand than it does any water, because they don't seem to care about quality of a plot so long as those two are around doing whatever.

Nah, at least Sth and even S'06 felt like they could exist in the Sonic continuity, SU is not Sonic by any means.

Name me the recent games where Tails has been priority?? Because in most recent game SONIC isn't even the #1 priority, its usually some one shot new character. All I'm saying is; if they are going to write a character in with so many similarities to Tails, or so many traits that could easily fit Tails, why not use Tails?

Well, as CSS already stated above, Chip and Tails share very few similarities.

Well to me it kinda seemed like the whole game was written around that plot point, but yeah, I would have preffered it being entirely a different game. Eggman could've split the planet, and then Sonic and Tails go about trying to put it back together, ending with a confrontation on Eggman's base to access a machine to help fuse the planet back together. No lame expected monster of the week, and no lame Chip. It follws the basic premise of the games plot, and it isn't that hard to write those roles without having to add new uneeded characters.

They already made that game...

But wait, you just stated below, and I quote:

I am of the ideal that Sonic should be about fantasy and not resembling our world at all.

When SU at least resembles something you'd see in a fantasy setting, minus the resemblances to real world locales, where ShtH and 06 got with the darker and grittier look which works in complete contrast to what the series is known for. The tag line for 06 even saying: "What if Sonic were real".

But yeah, we are getting a bit off topic at the moment. ^^;

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Existing good ones?

I don't know if you've realized, but Tails has been as shitty as Shadow the Hedgehog lately, so don't even try to bring that crap out. If anything, Chip has what Tails and others have been lacking lately: GOOD development. Wether you see it as such or not, he has some development that other's could use at this point.

Of course he realizes how shitty Tails have been lately, that's exactly his point, and EXACTLY THE PROBLEM. Tails has been as shitty character with no development or important role in the stories lately, because Sonic Team have treated him so badly. And that's exactly why we dont want new characters like Chip showing up and being treated much better than Tails.

Edited by batson

Of course he realizes how shitty Tails have been lately, that's exactly his point, and EXACTLY THE PROBLEM. Tails has been as shitty character with no development or important role in the stories lately, because Sonic Team have treated him so badly. And that's exactly why we dont want new characters like Chip showing up and being treated much better than Tails.

*Clap Clap* :D

I'm glad somebody gets it.

It may seem stupid to argue that Tails could've filled that role when people seem to find all these differences between Tails and Chip, but if that role had been written differently there would be no need for chip. Sure you can argue that the story is gone then, but so what?? Write a better story! I would object to this say maybe if they hadn't done super powered epic monster of the week plot already or if they hadn't split the world already, but none of the is new, none of this is groundbreaking stuff, its the same crap we get every game, except this time they've blatently filled a "Tails" role instead of merely shoehorning a new character with new traits into the spotlight.

I have to concur wholeheartedly. Sonic already has a youthful sidekick character (lol, Batman and Robin parallels)... he didn't need a new one. The whole Sonic and Chip best buddies thing really grated on me when Tails could have been written into that role just as easily if the story was tweaked somewhat. Chip, a brand new character, got so much more development and interaction with Sonic than Tails has had in... well... practically forever.

I'd make Sonic more of a dick.

Seriously. How are we supposed to buy his essential baditude if he goes around helping every small, adorable furry creature he comes across? In SA2, he resisted arrest by jumping out of a helicopter, leading federal authorities on a chase through a crowded city and beating up a giant robot (suck it, Minority Report.). I'd bring that back.

Seriously. How are we supposed to buy his essential baditude if he goes around helping every small, adorable furry creature he comes across? In SA2, he resisted arrest by jumping out of a helicopter, leading federal authorities on a chase through a crowded city and beating up a giant robot (suck it, Minority Report.). I'd bring that back.

That didn't make him a dick, he was being framed for something he didn't do (even though he looks NOTHING like Shadow unless you're in a dark room, but that's another story, I loved SA2B's plot but still) so he was escaping to find the real culprit and clear his name.

Exactly. If he WAS the criminal, then that would have been a dick-ish move. But he wasn't. He was innocent. What he did was badass, definitely... but it's not a good example of dickery.

That's one of the reason's I hated him in Sonic X. Barring the occasional serious scenes, Sonic was a total ass most of the time. It left him shallow and just annoying. The only time it actually worked for him was in the cruise episode where he tricked Tails and seduced Amy, so unless they can give that air to him, I really don't think that making him into a jerk will work out for him.

That's one of the reason's I hated him in Sonic X. Barring the occasional serious scenes, Sonic was a total ass most of the time. It left him shallow and just annoying. The only time it actually worked for him was in the cruise episode where he tricked Tails and seduced Amy, so unless they can give that air to him, I really don't think that making him into a jerk will work out for him.

I agree whole heartedly, as I've said in my Sonic X thread he was not only out of character in Sonic X, but an unlikeable character to boot.