Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

I just want to mention how much I love this scene:

927919__safe_twilight+sparkle_animated_e

Bacon hair looks so good as the star of the show!

Also, funny how without context it almost makes it look like she is the antagonist.

Incoming Stand ORAs and MUDAs fight.

Party Pooped is one of the best S5 eps. Looking forward to the third EG movie too.

When the episode started and they introduced Minuette, I kind of got this feeling that it would be like Twilight Time and have Twilight's old friends taking advantage of Twi because she's a princess and stuff now and everything would just spiral downhill from there.  I'm super glad that they decided to focus on Moondancer and how she was affected by Twilight in the first episode instead.  It was pretty great honestly, there were plenty of great callbacks, and it was kind of feely towards the end too.

I loved it.

Also that group photo that they took before the series even started is the best thing.

large.jpg

Just look at Twilight.

• Thumbs Up 3

This episode did something that no other, not even Sleepless in Ponyville, has ever done.

Made me cry.

Seriously, this episode is absolutely outstanding. The portrayals of every character is magnificent. Twilight, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Drops, Spike, and especially Moondancer. Everything is so well-paced, and the moral is mature and brilliant.

Lesson Zero was previously Twilight's best episode. Amending Fences might've changed that.

What a sweet episode! This is exactly how you write an episode about friendship!

I absolutely loved the callbacks to the first episode! From Twilight's old home right down to the girls Twilight used to interact with before she moved to Ponyville. Heck they even showed entire flashbacks of various scenes of the first episode! What I really loved is how got a loose end tied up in regards to what happened to them when Twilight left. We even got a reveal of what the present Spike was going to give to Moondancer was going to be! Speaking of the girls themselves, I absolutely loved the character and the fact that they formed their own group similar to the Mane 6.

Then there's Moondancer herself... Oh did I feel so bad for her. It was hard to see her absolutely crushed when Twilight didn't show up to her party and how she turned into what Twilight used to be; obsessed with studying and not caring about having any friends at all.

One other thing about Twilight, I really love the portrayal of her role as The Princess of Friendship here by making an episode to patch things up and going out of her away to help someone who turned into how she used to be even bringing in the support of one of her friends to help show what friendship means. A quick side note by the way, I loved Pinkie's helicopter tail a la Miles "Tails" Prower".

One last thing I want to mention is how much I loved Spike in this episode! This is exactly how I want to see him; a great support character hanging with Twilight!

I have to tip my hat to M.A. Larson for a very sweet episode that tied up some loose ends and even threw in a few surprises too. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of Season 5 so far!
  • Thumbs Up 4

Hey, we found out where Starlight Glimmer ran off to!

929699__safe_twilight+sparkle_princess+t

929656__safe_solo_screencap_table_starli

She's plotting something.

• Thumbs Up 3

Good to see so many callbacks. I guess Starlight will be in the Season finale.

Hey, we found out where Starlight Glimmer ran off to!

She's plotting something.

She's ordering dinner...

EEEEEEEEVIIIIL dinner...

*still waiting for the episode to download*

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my, have to say I went into that one completely blind and came out pleasantly surprised.

Pros:

- Nice to see how far Twilight has really come since the beginning.

- Dem call backs tho. Hard to believe it has almost been five years since this show started. Most shows would of forgotten what the hell happened back then.

- Gotta say I love how Spike was written in this. Glad to see Larson getting him. Here's hoping more writers follow suit.

- Moondancer's problem is probably the most real friendship problem this show has ever tackled. This does happen in life and it's nice to see their take on it.

- Book Twilight. Why can't I hold all these Twilights!?

- Pinkie is channeling her inner Tails here.

- That Starlight in the background... wow. We're past the quality point in the show where this could be an animation error right? Seriously, you'd have to know what you were doing to bend a flash model like that in the background. This is ominous af. XD

- That was a really great ending. I don't know why it sticks out to me but it really is. Might have been that photo as it really reflects what hanging with friends is like. You all have your own traits that just make up a fun group to be with.

- Pin the tail on the Celestia is best party game.

Cons:

- Kind of felt like Twilight's friends were a bit too underdeveloped for my taste. I mean, I couldn't tell where they sat in the entire situation. They acted so oblivious to everything for the most part that it was almost like they were ripped straight out of previous generations. Was kind of off putting really.

- Really don't like how Moondancer was just a Twilight recolor for the most part. I mean, I get the message they were going for with that but even then it seemed unnecessary. Not to mention a lazy design choice overall.

- we're in canterlot at night and still no Luna. Come on larson

Side Notes:

- Seriously, how long does it take to get to Canterlot!? Every time they do a transition like this it eats away at me a bit more.

So yeah, overall this was a nice episode that really brought in the real world concepts. Nice to see them tackle those types of (more complex) ideas because I do believe they're starting to run out of the noteworthy general ones. Now, on to next week's episode which I'm already claiming as the best episode of the season for obvious reasons. ...No, I'm not overly excited for this one! >:U... *yeeeeeeee, best pony incoming!!!*

• Thumbs Up 1

This was a great episode! Gotta hoof it to Larson, when he writes an episode it's always an awesome experience!

All that teasing about Lyra did get to me though haha.

This episode was just alright.

The things I liked were Twilight in the book, S1 throwbacks, Starlight in the background, and Pinkie Pie moments.

Oddly enough, the problem stems for me is Twilight’s old friends.

They didn’t seem at all properly developed and weren’t that interesting, IMO. It also kinda screams, “Are you glad Twilight has the other Mane 5 as her friends instead of these boring ponies?”. Harsh sounding as it is that’s how I feel about it and definitely contradicts.

Then, there is Moondancer. Just to get this out but ‘Lazy design is lazy’. I know I shouldn’t let this get to me, but it is rather distracting despite wearing clothes and slightly different mane style. It also doesn’t help that her personality is Twilight’s copy pasted too. I get it that it’s probably the point of her being like another Twilight archetype (i.e. Sunset Shimmer = Bad student Twilight w/o friendship, Starlight Glimmer = Bad leader Twilight w/o friendship) whereas Moondancer is basically Twilight w/o friendship since S1. Also, just as said before, she doesn’t interest me that much and doesn’t feel that they do much to it either than just have her blaming Twilight.

So as said, it is a rather alright episode.

Wow! That's a quick turnaround compared to the long hiatus we got between seasons 4 and 5. It's very possible that season 6 could have been in development during the hiatus and they see no need to make another long wait.

As for Equestria Games, it sounds like it's coming straight to video rather than being in the theaters this time around.

According to the internet people DHX has been mentioned that the S5 premier was done long ago and the only reason we were still on hiatus back then was because Discovery Family was holding it back for some reason.

So now we are getting pone all year long (with maybe a single month break if you count EqG) because if from now on we have one episode every Saturday the series would end on October 10th (or 3rd, because two parter but it'd be funneh if it ended on the 10th).

There is also a rumour going on that S6 will only have 13 episodes because something something multiples of 65 (I can't even pretend I understand how syndication works) which I don't mind as long as we don't end up with something like MMC... And speaking of it, here is an... Interesting video that appeared on an EqD roundup last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8BmQW1X1g

Can't watch it right now but apparently it contains some interesting bits about that episode.

welp that took a turn for the worse... So if I'm reading this tweet right that means some Season 5 episodes are going to get delayed at some point? I believe I heard somewhere that we are getting some more holiday themed episodes so that might explain it but... Man that still sucks...

I wonder when the split will happen... It's not after this week's episode isn't it?

Oh well, in the other hand, this kinda ties with my idea of the show getting 6 or maybe 7 seasons and ending with the movie.

So what you're telling me is that we went from, what would have been, the quickest break between two seasons ever to a mid-season break that could last for months?... Wow, I'd be pissed if it wasn't for that Luna episode this week. :/

So it looks like we're getting a break mid-season with Equestria Girls 3 to tie us over. What is it with shows lately taking a long time between episodes during the season?

The mid season hiatus sucks but luckily Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Rick and Morty will be back on during that time.

This year's MLP Comic Con panel has recently wrapped up.

Here are the major points from the panel

-Tomorrow's episode starts with Rainbow Power and Luna going Nightmare Moon Mode
-Every season they try to push flash further and further as their equipment and skills improve. They always challenge themselves to make the episodes more awesome.
-Excellent dialogue between Lyra and Bonbon (Ashleigh Ball and Andrea Libman). Lyra jealous of Bonbon staring at Applejack
-Awesome animatic with a song from Lena Hall played (should appear later)
-Fluttershy has a brother. We will see him soon!
-Apple Family stuff on the way, with Hearthswarming Eve episode on the way for it.
-Season 6 currently being recorded
-You may see a return of a villain or two, but not in the way we think
-Jayson is currently working on the movie
-New character coming: Orchard Blossom. Meghan thinks shes hilarious
Starlight Glimmer is coming back!

One other thing:

A new song has been revealed starring Lena Hall

My thoughts:

I knew Starlight Glimmer would come back; and boy of boy it looks like she has some major planned for the season finale! I can't wait! I'm also interested to see what happens in regards to Luna's Nightmare Moon form in tomorrow's episode. Also, I can't wait for Maud to return and to learn more about Pinkie's family.

• Thumbs Up 1

One other thing:

A new song has been revealed starring Lena Hall

That was freaking beautiful... The fact we'll have to wait who knows how many months to hear it in its final form is so painful, but it's going to be sooooo worth it. I feel like the context of the episode will only make this song better!

As a side note, I'm being struck by all kinds of feelings from many kinds of fictions today :D D: :D D: :D D: :D D:

I'm gonna sound negative here, but regarding some of the points in the SDCC panel, they honestly sound like regurgitated PR to me. Specifically, these:

"Q: Have you ever thought of bringing fan ponies into MLP? 

A: They can't"

I understand the whole legal issue about them taking someone's OC without permission, but wouldn't taking all the pony names and ideas from us still leave them just as vulnerable for a lawsuit? Like someone could claim that he was responsible for coming up with the name "Lyra" and other names?

And then, there's this:

"Q: What can they visit without getting in trouble?

A: Just Hasbro stuff. Most comes to them. Safesearch ON!"

This, honestly, sounds extremely BS. If they truly weren't allowed to look at fan stuff, then they wouldn't have done all the fan pandering and the plot for the 100th episode wouldn't exist. So either Hasbro execs are feeding them info, or, well, they're lying. =/

I understand the whole legal issue about them taking someone's OC without permission, but wouldn't taking all the pony names and ideas from us still leave them just as vulnerable for a lawsuit? Like someone could claim that he was responsible for coming up with the name "Lyra" and other names?

I think if this was an issue the names wouldn't be used for the toys (see: Lyra and Octavia), which has been the case for...I think two years? At least one? Plus there was the whole thing with Muffins.png's fanon name.