Awoo.

Uganda - "Kill Gays Bill" Passes - President Expected to Sign

Autosaver

I'd like to ask: who are the "dumbasses" you speak of? The gays?

He means the people who believe it's a choice.

He means the people who believe it's a choice.

Oh, that. Still would not think the people who think it is a choice are dumb just by believing it.

Oh, that. Still would not think the people who think it is a choice are dumb just by believing it.

If someone believes something that is wrong is right that is kiiiindasorta under the umbrella of dumb.  They are at least dumb regarding the matter of sexuality being a choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Right, and the people who believe the sky is green aren't dumb either.

Homosexuality is as much of a choice as liking the taste of a certain food. You like it or you don't- you can't just decide on it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone believes something that is wrong is right that is kiiiindasorta under the umbrella of dumb.  They are at least dumb regarding the matter of sexuality being a choice.

Thanks for the tip, though I do believe that I was not trying to say that believing something that is wrong is right was the case here. In this case, even though there are gays being victimized and people have huge amount of hatred of gays with bad reasoning as to why, the view on wrong and right about gays can be more subjective than you think.

But let us not go any further, shall we? I'd hate to see something like what I said get too carried away.

So, who else wants to share their thoughts about this, or discuss this more?

God will never use people to kill anyone including gays. You guys even mentioned Mark 12:31, "Love your neighbor as yourself". These people who passing this bill are using Him and the Bible as an excuse to kill the innocents. It's true that God hates sin, but let God be the final judge when they get deceased. You do not ever take the matter into your own hands, and this is what they are clearly doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the tip, though I do believe that I was not trying to say that believing something that is wrong is right was the case here. In this case, even though there are gays being victimized and people have huge amount of hatred of gays with bad reasoning as to why, the view on wrong and right about gays can be more subjective than you think.

But let us not go any further, shall we? I'd hate to see something like what I said get too carried away.

So, who else wants to share their thoughts about this, or discuss this more?

It's a shame that you still can't seem to grasp a basic fact.

Also, I just want to say this: I did not completely realize how homosexuality cannot be a choice. In a way, it can be, and that way was what I was trying to describe, but in other cases, it actually isn't a choice.

I guess I was so stuck on my POV on how choices and stuff like that are made. My bad.

the view on wrong and right about gays can be more subjective than you think.

Not really no.  There is no valid reason for why LGBT people shouldn't have the right to the same normal lifestyle as straight people.  Not one.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, I just want to say this: I did not completely realize how homosexuality cannot be a choice. In a way, it can be, and that way was what I was trying to describe, but in other cases, it actually isn't a choice.

I guess I was so stuck on my POV on how choices and stuff like that are made. My bad.

It is never a choice.  It what context do you think it can be a choice?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, Colonization for taking the land and instilling Christianity into Africa. Thank you, Globalization or Neo-Colonization or Western Liberal Colonization for allowing industry to take place to farm off the Ugandan Nuclear reserves and instilling an enclave economy. And thank you to all of you right wing Christians who were once in American Congress for interfering in another country's culture. Fan-fucking-tastic. Economic Imperialism, Cultural Imperialism, and Military Imperialism, HO!

• Thumbs Up 2

It is never a choice.  It what context do you think it can be a choice?

Maybe not all the time, but...

If one person who is heterosexual decides to do an act that is considered homosexual, then by then, it can be a choice.

If one person who is heterosexual decides to do an act that is considered homosexual, then by then, it can be a choice.

or a realization

• Thumbs Up 1

Your right, there is one way in which it is considered a choice: you can either embrace who you are and get together with a man who you genuinely love and want to spend the rest of your life with, or you can enter into a miserable, loveless marriage with a woman who you will never love intimately, not only causing great mental anguish for you, but for the woman you've been shackled to as well.

So yes in that regard, it is a choice. And taking into account the above, it's pretty clear what the right one is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stop. Just stop

By that logic, then every homosexual who was forced to hide their homosexuality and do things like marry with the other sex would be heterosexual. But they aren't; they're still homosexual.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised that people are surprised. It sounds cynical, but there are plenty of countries where gays have zero protection. I'm pretty sure they outnumber the countries that do protect gays. Look at the noise outta Russia lately.

I'm afraid you are woefully uneducated on sexuality and how things are for LGBT discovering themselves in a predominantly heterosexual society.

If a heterosexual performs a homosexual act out of curiosity and discovers they don't enjoy it, then that is not them choosing temporarily to be homosexual, it is simply experimentation.

If someone who THOUGHT they were heterosexual performs a homosexual act out of curiosity and discovers they do enjoy it, then that is not them choosing to become homosexual, bisexual, etc, it is them discovering that they might indeed be of a different orientation than what they thought.  For many it is a relief because they have felt out of place in a heterosexual society their whole life without ever knowing why.

• Thumbs Up 6

or a realization

Precisely what Condor has said here, or, curiosity and experimentation isn't exactly choosing a sexual orientation either.

I'm sure you're not being purposefully offensive (I at least hope so anyway) but your posts so far have only contained ignorance of the whole subject.

Your right, there is one way in which it is considered a choice: you can either embrace who you are and get together with a man who you genuinely love and want to spend the rest of your life with, or you can enter into a miserable, loveless marriage with a woman who you will never love intimately, not only causing great mental anguish for you, but for the woman you've been shackled to as well.

So yes in that regard, it is a choice. And taking into account the above, it's pretty clear what the right one is.

Indeed.

Look, I just had a misinterpretation on choice and homosexuality around here. I guess my point of view was a bit too extreme. Still, I know what I did wrong, but we all do make mistakes. No hard feelings, right?

I can have sex with a woman right now: all I'd have to do is close my eyes and imagine I'm doing it with a man.

I don't know why but I am laughing waaaay more than I should at this! XD
  • Thumbs Up 7