Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

We already have two of the Seven Sages?  Since when?

Impa and Zelda. Yes, there's a new set of Sages in A Link Between Worlds, but the Sages most everyone is referring to are the Seven OOT Sages. They're the most well known and were the originals. Impa and Zelda were both Sages in Ocarina of Time. Granted, we don't know if they'll make them Sages in this game, but I'm pretty sure most everyone is referring to the OOT Sages when they refer to the "Seven Sages."

As much of a meme as Alfonzo has become, I wouldn't mind seeing him represent the toon saga. That'd be hilarious. (Really thigh, any Toon representation would be great).

And I'm not personally not worried about other games bit being represented. I'm worried about TP and SS being over saturated andmore focused on. And after what we've seen, I think it's fair to just be a little concerned. I mean I'm still optimistic, and hopefully other games get larger representation as well along with TP and ss.

And I'm still hoping that Pit and Samus rumor I true. That would seriously make me love this game no matter what they do.:P

As much of a meme as Alfonzo has become, I wouldn't mind seeing him represent the toon saga. That'd be hilarious. (Really thigh, any Toon representation would be great).

And I'm not personally not worried about other games bit being represented. I'm worried about TP and SS being over saturated andmore focused on. And after what we've seen, I think it's fair to just be a little concerned. I mean I'm still optimistic, and hopefully other games get larger representation as well along with TP and ss.

And I'm still hoping that Pit and Samus rumor I true. That would seriously make me love this game no matter what they do.tongue.png

Nope, Alfonzo will just stand in for Agitha when you're playing as her when she does Golden Bugs, or Beedle when you're playing as Beedle and trying going to Beedle's shop. There's no way Alfonzo can be playable.

Impa and Zelda. Yes, there's a new set of Sages in A Link Between Worlds, but the Sages most everyone is referring to are the Seven OOT Sages. They're the most well known and were the originals. Impa and Zelda were both Sages in Ocarina of Time. Granted, we don't know if they'll make them Sages in this game, but I'm pretty sure most everyone is referring to the OOT Sages when they refer to the "Seven Sages."

I know all that, and I agree that the Ocarina Sages are more likely, but that's not the point.  A Link Between Worlds changed the rules for the sages, and we have no way of knowing whether or not this game will reflect that.  Zelda isn't guaranteed to be a sage anymore, and what we've seen of Impa thus far doesn't match up very well with her being the Sage of Shadow.  Hell, for all we know, maybe Lana is the seventh sage.  Maybe the point of creating her was to adjust the Ocarina Sages so that they match up with the Between Worlds group.  At least, that's the only halfway decent reason I can think of to invent her.

Regardless, I just don't want to assume that Zelda and Impa are sages until we have more concrete evidence to suggest that they are.

Well Impa is regardless, she's a sage in both OOT and ALBW :P

I'm just really itching for more gameplay. The Treehouse was a godsend for that (even if I missed the 3rd days section and Nintendo haven't put it on their youtube :( )

I'm not sure about the wind waker, does it say that it is exclusive to Zelda? Or is it just a weapon that everyone can choose? On that note, the multiple weapons, do you think that they will be swappable for most characters? Or will each character have a choice of different weapons? We haven't seen Zelda use the fire rod for example.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man the SS costumes look so much nicer in this style than the TP ones, and SS Zelda looks especially awesome. I'm actually a big fan of Ghirahim's art too, it's a shame he may not be playable but.. who knows.

Now all we need is SS Zelda to be in Smash Bros. and her conquest to prove to the world that she is the superior Zelda incarnation will be complete.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um. So in the page for the Sealed Grounds, there's this.

07_04.jpg

Is this just going to be a background thing? Will the Groose not come loose?

• Thumbs Up 4

Really hope they give us an ALttP costume set. The Link and Zelda designs in that game are probably my favorites, but they never get any love in cross-over games like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some people on GAF are actually complaining about the number of female playable characters - despite the fact that the Treehouse stream stated that half of them would be female.

I'm actually stunned at such a response.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um. So in the page for the Sealed Grounds, there's this.

07_04.jpg

Is this just going to be a background thing? Will the Groose not come loose?

The Groose MUST come loose! I'm convinced!!

Really hope they give us an ALttP costume set. The Link and Zelda designs in that game are probably my favorites, but they never get any love in cross-over games like this.

Yeah :/ honestly if LttP doesn't get any rep it'll secure my fear that they're only taking inspiration from 3D Zeldas, even though the 2D Zeldas are half the franchise and in some cases (like the original and LttP) were extremely impactful games with hella legacy. LttP is almost as famous as OoT in terms of older audiences.

Some people on GAF are actually complaining about the number of female playable characters - despite the fact that the Treehouse stream stated that half of them would be female.

Let them curl up at night with their Mountain Dew and Doritos >:V

• Thumbs Up 6

Are they complaining that there's too many or not enough? Either way, they're stupid because the only playable male so far is Link.

SS Zelda looks adorable! <3 I've always loved that version of Zelda so I'm pleased to see she's in this game now. I would also like to see ALttP or even Minish Cap Zelda, otherwise it would be unfair if there's only 3D Zelda represent. There's plenty of good 2D Zeldas to take characters and locations from.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the complaints are that there are too many - and that it comes off as pandering.

Funny that when a game has mostly male characters, pandering accusations are nonexistent.

• Thumbs Up 5

The Groose MUST come loose! I'm convinced!!

Yeah :/ honestly if LttP doesn't get any rep it'll secure my fear that they're only taking inspiration from 3D Zeldas, even though the 2D Zeldas are half the franchise and in some cases (like the original and LttP) were extremely impactful games with hella legacy. LttP is almost as famous as OoT in terms of older audiences.

Let them curl up at night with their Mountain Dew and Doritos >:V

I'd be surprised with that reference if Groose isn't playable.

As for LTTP, I love it and all, but I don't think the 2D Zelda's will get much representation this game... maybe in a sequel. For the 3D characters they've already got the models and many of the movements down already, they just need to come up with a fighting style and animate them. 2D characters would require full redesign and have the models built from scratch, then they need the movesets as well.

People suggesting we won't get OOT characters aren't thinking straight, but 2D Zelda's? Yeah, that's going to be highly questionable at this point. And even if we do, we'd probably only get 1-2 playables.

Are they complaining that there's too many or not enough? Either way, they're stupid because the only playable male so far is Link.

They're complaining that there's too much female representation and not enough male. Admittedly, its weird we barely have any males yet, they're focusing more on announcing the female characters first. But we know females are only half the cast. Personally, I'd like it if they KEEP announcing more and more female characters; it will mean the roster is a lot bigger.

Wow, they even changed her face a bit for SS Zelda. That's cool. She's my favorite Zelda design, even though brunette>blond. SS Link looks pretty good, too. I can't tell if he has his weird lips, though.

It's nice to see Girahim, too. I like his look and he was a fun villain. The Imprisoned looks as derpy as ever.

gal_99.jpg

The texture on the steel ball is really bad :/ It looks really weird next to everything else.

06_04.jpg

Levias, though! Awesome. I wonder if we get to fight his possessed form.

• Thumbs Up 1

GAF isn't the only site complaining about female characters. Zelda Dungeon complains about it a lot.

If people are complaining about too many female characters, then they're being self-centered bastards. Simple as that. How often do women get represented in strong roles like this in video games?

At any rate, nice to see this game going all around the Zelda verse so everyone can have their favorite aesthetics. Don't mind SS Zelda, but I will always prefer the TP Brunette Zelda over her. Only one that trumps that for me is the Blonde Queen Zelda of this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only female character I'd be annoyed about would be Ruto. I'd just much rather have Mikau than her. Otherwise I don't really care.

I can see if they're worried more important characters like Skull Kid, Vaati, Zant, or Ghirahim are getting bumped for characters like Agitha or Lana. Other than that... eh. Zelda, Impa, Midna, and Fi are all really important characters, and they're all fan-favorites excluding Fi so they deserve the slots.

I just hope that, since we're getting odd-ball female characters, they won't just stick with Link and Ganon for the dudes. I wanna wreck stuff with less obvious characters like Groose or Darunia, man.

Honestly, after getting Agatha of all characters and going across timelines, they might as well go crazy over picking other characters from different Zelda titles.

The only female character I'd be annoyed about would be Ruto. I'd just much rather have Mikau than her. Otherwise I don't really care.

Personally I think we should have both, Gorons and Zoras appear in numerous games as is, they're central races. Zoras moreso since they've been around since the very first Legend of Zelda.

I think we'll get two Gerudo as well, but only because the main antagonist of the series is one and its only natural for Ganondorf to appear, really. Nabooru would represent the normal Gerudo.

I can see if they're worried more important characters like Skull Kid, Vaati, Zant, or Ghirahim are getting bumped for characters like Agitha or Lana. Other than that... eh. Zelda, Impa, Midna, and Fi are all really important characters, and they're all fan-favorites excluding Fi so they deserve the slots.

I just hope that, since we're getting odd-ball female characters, they won't just stick with Link and Ganon for the dudes. I wanna wreck stuff with less obvious characters like Groose or Darunia, man.

Half the roster is females. Keep that in mind: HALF THE ROSTER IS FEMALES. There's TONS of male characters that haven't been announced yet. Just wait, they'll come around.

How are Groose and Darunia "less obvious," though? They're completely obvious. Groose is a fan favorite and one of only a handful of characters to have a major role throughout the entire game (although I can't stand him personally). Also, Darunia is by far the most notable major Goron in the entire series.

Unless you argue that one Goron from SS... Gorko, but technically he doesn't really do anything relevant to the plot the entire game. Yeah, he shows up more than any other Goron in a specific game, but he doesn't have a major plot central role.

Darunia is far more notable for this reason. All the OOT Sages are, really, except for Nabooru. Impa's kinda iffy; she appears less than the other Sages, but she's mentioned quite often in Kakariko Village and she saves Zelda, but other than that, she only has a couple of brief appearances before you learn she went into the Shadow Temple.

Darunia plays a central role in Death Mountain, and is one of the few characters in the game to actually fight (even though it happens off-screen). Ruto is notable due to having to use her consistently throughout the Jabu Jabu dungeon, and Saria is Link's childhood friend, and basically the character you can contact at any point to get tips on what to do next, making her a very central character. Although she doesn't appear TOO often (the Sages get roughly equal screentime), she's the most notable OOT Sage next to Zelda.

Wait, are people seriously complaining now about there being too many female characters? *headdesk*

So what we can gather from this is that when there aren't enough female characters in a game people complain, but they also complain when there's a lot of them. -__-

• Thumbs Up 1

They'd probably take someone else from the Oracle games, just for obscurity's sake.