Awoo.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax AKA: Waifu/Husbando Fighters AKA SEGA needs money

PSI Wind

>Neatherealms's fighting game abominations

Have you played Mortal Kombat 2011? Or Injustice: Gods Among Us? Both of those are really good fighters, Mortal Kombat especially. 

Hahahaha!

Wait, when did people start hating Neatherealms? I thought Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice were generally well liked. This new hateboner is news to me. 

Wait, when did people start hating Neatherealms? I thought Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice were generally well liked. This new hateboner is news to me. 

They are generally well liked. Doesn't mean I think they're perfect or that I hate them. I honestly have issues with the vast majority of fighting games. I don't think this is the topic for it tho'

Hate boner? What? I've never really liked Netherealm or their games. I don't particularly even like old MK apart from nostalgia. In MK9 in particular I don't like the ugly as sin characters. I don't like the homogeneous jump ins and normal attacks. I don't like the mechanics, the single player does not interest me, I don't have very much fun whilst playing.

Due to that I haven't bought Injustice.

...But that's just me. Just cuz myself and a couple other people don't like MK doesn't mean there'sall of a sudden there's a "hateboner" for the game, and everyone is just jumping on the train. MK as a series has always been divisive since inception.

And this isn't the place to talk about MK, anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will pay 60 dollars and even preorder this fucking thing just to beat the shit out of Asuna for being such a terrible character.

As if Lefia didn't have it coming a lot more the moment that bitch appeared on screen. Asuna would be a decent consolation prize though

..There's a fucking Sonic stage? If this game doesn't have Sega characters I'm gonna be mad as shit.

Well, Akira Yuki as boss so far.

Akira being a boss is badass but he should also be a playable character for sure. Boss only would be disappointing.

I wonder how Akira will looks with this game's style: iir, his only 2D spirte appereances are in Virtua Fighter 2 and in Project X Zone.

• 1 month later...

Green Hill Zone fully revealed along with a new character reveal; I hope you guys enjoy Chris Hansen knocking at your doors, 'cause Ro-Kyu-Bu is represented in the playable character roster:

dfc_04_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Or Black Adam beat the crap out of Green Arrow (I mean really Netherrealm)?

If you actually played through Injustice's story mode, you would know there's a narrative rationalization for such scenarios.

Seeing what I think is Shizuo in Green Hill Zone is so weird.

Also who the hell is Ro-Kyu-Bu?

Also who the hell is Ro-Kyu-Bu?

Not a question of "who", it's a question of "what" (the name of the character in question is Tomoka Minato).

And people make Chris Hansen jokes around that intellectual property for a good reason. Assuming you know who Chris Hansen is. After all, it spawned this official piece of wardrobe merch that'll definitively get you punched by the cops in the face.

Hold on, I'm seeing both Sonic AND Valkyria Chronicles stages, plus Akira is the boss?

Dammit Sega I've been wanting you to do a 2d fighter using characters from their own series forever now and the closest to that are stages from said games and only Akira fightable?

Damn

This game's roster is utter shit at the moment. The amount of character that are assists that should have been playable characters is unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I'm not a big fighting game fan I think this looks cool, especially knowing that Shana is in the game. <3

But what I don't understand is having a SEGA stage but no actual SEGA characters around besides Akira. It's like Project X Zone where they didn't have Sonic as a character (I know he's not popular in Japan but he's their mascot FFS). Maybe they have yet to be revealed though?

Who knows.

Meanwhile, it seems that the clock stage around 0:48 is from NiGHTS (you can see the yellow/orange bubble rings on the top right corner). That makes 3 stages and one boss character for the SEGA side: still too few if you ask me, but this game in general seems to have a lot of wasted potential :/

• 1 year later...

Huge bump but...

Sega got in touch with me and asked me to review this game, so I did, there's a rather large review on my personal blog right now so give that a check.

For a shortened summary: The game is actually a lot of fun, but for someone who doesn't know who these characters are, the whole OMG/Fanservice selling point is all but lost on me and this nearly made me hate the game.

Why? Well... the roster is amazingly small, I picked 3 characters at random and I really didn't like it or get much enjoyment from it, so this was nearly a quarter of the roster down and I wasn't enjoying it, I started to think 'is this all the game has to offer?'

Then I picked Kirito and I loved it! kirito is a really good entry/beginners character for this game, so I had a blast playing as him, then the next character I picked I also had a great time with. By now I was getting a lot better at the game so even non entry level characters I was enjoying the game much more with. 

However... the biggest disappointment? The stages. They're so... dead. You see the rings in the Sonic stage? They rotate, the flowers bloom... and that's it. Thats the most life on all the stages. The Shinobi stage is so void of life I didn't even realise it was a Shinobi stage, The NiGHTS stage only has a train chug on through it and some twinkling stars/rings.

The valykria Chronicles stage is totally dead, no movement, no characters... no nothing.

Ironically Sega's own IP's are so poorly represented you'd forget they were Sega IP's, there is no Sonic running in the background, Joe doesn't scale the wall, no soldiers in Valkyria Chronicles sitting on tanks, no NiGHTS flying by in the NiGHTS stage.... nothing. The stages lack any movement other than some subtle wind animations.

But gameplay wise, it's fun if you give it time to get into. 

It's a really great entry level fighting game, the Ai is quite easy to beat but on harder difficulties it should pose a challenge, however there are no rewards or content locked behind these harder modes, so even if you're not that good you don't miss out, it's purely for those who find it too easy.

They also gave me some codes for the game and asked me to give them away however I saw fit... so without further adoo!

Subscribe to my youtube channel, like and comment on that video with which version of the game you want.

Or... try the twitter method to win the vita version.

Codes are for the EU store only.

• Thumbs Up 3