Awoo.

Rinzler

So if the X1 version looks like a 360 game, then does that mean the 360 version will look like well worse than that? Seriously? I get that the game may play great. But it's next gen. X1 should be pushing out games that blow our minds, visually and gameplay. Not just gameplay. 

So if the X1 version looks like a 360 game, then does that mean the 360 version will look like well worse than that? Seriously? I get that the game may play great. But it's next gen. X1 should be pushing out games that blow our minds, visually and gameplay. Not just gameplay. 

I believe the 360 version was rumoured to run at less than 720p, which is a possible cause for the delay, in order to remedy that.

The Xbox One version doesn't look like a 360 game? The graphics are flipping amazing and extremely easily to tell from a 360 game.

As said before, the 360 runs 720p HD, and the Xbox One runs 1080p HD, there's a beautiful difference between the two.

The Xbox One version doesn't look like a 360 game? The graphics are flipping amazing and extremely easily to tell from a 360 game.

As said before, the 360 runs 720p HD, and the Xbox One runs 1080p HD, there's a beautiful difference between the two.

Actually, the Xbone version is a tiny bit above 720p. I think it's 758p?

the 360 runs 720p HD

Rumour has it, that it doesn't, hence the delay. Even then, we've seen nothing to back that up.

I'm just saying, it looks amazing overall.

I don't need a game to have badass graphics to be enjoyable.

But it does help.

EA did actually say "we are so fucking sorry" to Sony for making Titanfall exclusive to Xbox. Seriously, they said exactly that.

Playstation exclusive content confirmed for Titianfall 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think TF will ever be ported to PS4. These are multiplayer focused games and sequels tend to build upon instead of completely revamp the franchise. TF will become pointless if TF2 is released.

WOO HOO! As someone who really wanted to play Titanfall this is great news! I just hope that the sequel doesn't go in the CoD Modern Warfare direction and ends up sucking compared to the first one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think TF will ever be ported to PS4. These are multiplayer focused games and sequels tend to build upon instead of completely revamp the franchise. TF will become pointless if TF2 is released.

For some reason you made it sound like your were talking about Team Fortress, but oh well.

So I showed some of my friends gameplay of Titanfall, they got motion sickness.

EA did actually say "we are so fucking sorry" to Sony for making Titanfall exclusive to Xbox. Seriously, they said exactly that.

LOL Really? Do you have a source cause I want to read that.

Considering EA were the ones who made it Xbone exclusive in the first place, I doubt it. Believe whatever floats your console warrior boat, tho.

This is a really fun game, but I can't play it for more than an hour or so because my PC's GPU is dying. It's such an overstimulating experience playing it, definitely think Respawn struck gold here. 

What do you mean? TF2 came out 6 years ago and people still play TF :V

(Sorry)

So I just found this out today in class and it's amazing.

Titanfall cheaters will be placed in a pool with other cheaters

Developer Respawn Entertainment has announced that it has finally begun enforcing bans for those caught cheating in the multiplayer shooter. Respawn is using anti-cheat engine FairFight (the same technology used in Battlefield 4) to root out cheaters. The developer will continue to tweak the algorithm over time to nab even more cheaters, they said.

How do you know if you're banned? If you are, you'll see the image above. If you do get banned, you still get to play Titanfall, but you'll be relegated to a server pool composed of other cheaters. Respawn calls this the "Wimbledon of aimbot contests."

"Hopefully, the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck," Respawn said.

If you're a banned Titanfall player and you join a party with non-banned players, everyone in your party will be treated as a banned player for that specific session.

"If you are a non-cheater and you invite a cheater friend into a party, you will be stuck playing against cheaters. If you stop inviting your cheater friend, you will once again get to play with the non-cheater population," Respawn said. "You do not get permanently tainted just by playing with a cheater--you are only banned for cheating if you are actually cheating."

Hahahaha I love this so much, great job Respawn! tongue.png

LOL Really? Do you have a source cause I want to read that.

Edit: Found it.

https://www.psu.com/a022778/Titanfall-PS4--EA-sorry-for-lack-of-Sony-console-release

To be honest though, Titanfall doesn't really appeal to me now. I'm just not really into FPS games, and it's multiplayer only.

Considering EA were the ones who made it Xbone exclusive in the first place, I doubt it. Believe whatever floats your console warrior boat, tho.

I didn't mean to come off as a fanboy or anything, though looking back at my post, it did kind of sound like I was. Sorry about that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, the 360 version of Titanfall can be locked at 30 FPS, while the Xbone version frequently fluctuates between frames, sometimes even going to single frames and terrible screen tearing. That means the 360 version of Titanfall is superior. 

So, the 360 version of Titanfall can be locked at 30 FPS, while the Xbone version frequently fluctuates between frames, sometimes even going to single frames and terrible screen tearing. That means the 360 version of Titanfall is superior. 

Do you have a valid source for your claim this time?

If that is true, then...just...ugh.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-xbox-360-performance-analysis

If the screen-tear, inconsistent frame-rate and varying controller response is too much for you, Bluepoint has offered up an alternative - the ability to lock frame-rate at 30fps. This all but eliminates screen-tear and introduces more consistency to the controller feedback but does so to the detriment of overall frame-rate. Each mode has its advantages and disadvantages and it's good that gamers can choose what suits them.

I guess Infinity Ward is just terrible with optimizing engines. It doesn't matter if they have a different name, Respawn is clearly IW and their optimization skills show in the Xbone version.

Sure, the Xbone version LOOKS better, but as I've said before, it's Source. Making a Source game look good in this day and age isn't very hard to do. I find it hard to make a current-gen system not run a Source game at locked 60 FPS. Resolution aside, with the ability to get rid of screen tearing and lock it at a constant frame rate, if you can't (or won't because of Origin) play the PC version, you might as well get the 360 version of Titanfall instead.

> Mentions several issues affecting the Xbox One version of Titanfall, blames Infinity Ward.

> Links article evaluating the performance of the Xbox 360 version, handled by Bluepoint Games.

I read the article and fail to see where it stated that those issues affect the Xbox One version and not the Xbox 360 version. Considering that the article specifically mentions the Xbox One or PC (or references them via 'other versions') when it's talking about those, it seems fairly obvious that the article is not saying what you think it is. It's evaluating the Xbox 360 version. Also, I didn't see mention of this single-digit frame complaint, where did you pull that from?

• 4 weeks later...

Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall has sold 925,000 units in its first quarter, according to Electronic Arts.

This is "great," according to EA COO Peter Moore, as Titanfall on Xbox One and PC spent just three weeks on the fiscal quarter's calendar. It was Xbox One's best-selling game in March. This did not include the Xbox 360 release.

EA announced today that it would partner with Respawn on "new Titanfall experiences" going forward, but it didn't specify what that would entail.

http://go.ign.com/Rpe4CR

For a new IP that is exclusive to Xbox One, that isn't super bad, but considering all the marketing hype this game was building up, that sounds very disappointing and below expectations. 2 or 3 million seems more like what they were expecting at least.

• 2 weeks later...

So I see this topic hasn't been updated in a while, but I just wanted to say I now have Titanfall on xbox 360 and maybe it's my internet, but locking the framerate to 30 fps seems laggier than keeping it unlocked.