Awoo.

Rinzler

I played the beta, and I personally found it much more accessible and fun that both of those games. You'll still have a handful of people who try to play as if it's Cod thought, but they generally do jack for the team. The vame is much more balanced than most shooters as well imho.

So, I checked out the description for the game while on Gamestop's site and, along with info from TotalBiscuit's WTF, for $60 you get:

-3 game modes

-2 maps

-10 generic guns

Like........wow

Apparently, there will be free expansions much like Killzone Shadow Fall.

So has anyone played the game yet? I want to know if it's worth me buying or skipping. Especially since it looks like COD/BF on steroids with mechs.

I haven't played the game, but this game is nothing like Battlefield IMO.

I've played the beta, and indeed playing it like CoD will get you killed. It's more like a better balanced Unreal Tournament and forces you to play and move more strategically, find or choke holds and ways to flank. Better performance is rewarded with faster preparation of your Titan, and it's vital to get them on the field as fast as possible. Titans felt heavy but still nimble (even though they lack a jump) and getting into a groove with your other Titan-fitted buddies to smoke the competition is fun. Also, after match ends, a secondary objective for points opens up: losers run for their escape ship, and winners chase with the aim of preventing them from leaving. All in all, it's fast-paced like CoD but more strategic like Battlefield with the trappings of UT and mechs thrown in for good measure.

• Thumbs Up 3

-3 game modes

-2 maps

-10 generic guns

Quoted from TotalBiscuit himself: "I'm really impressed with the map design, and there are a lot of maps."

Considering there are actually 5 modes (2 of which are used by the campaign) and 23 weapons if you include side-arms and titan-related weaponry (also known as fundamental elements of the experience), and the fact that the majority of his video is spent playing new maps that weren't in the beta...yeah. Did you even make any effort to double check and validate your information, or did you just take the first opportunity to make a complaint, further research and reason be damned?

As for the notion of it being BF/CoD with mechs...lolno. This game plays very differently from both.

So, I checked out the description for the game while on Gamestop's site and, along with info from TotalBiscuit's WTF, for $60 you get:

-3 game modes

-2 maps

-10 generic guns

Like........wow

That was the beta....the full game has more modes, around 15 maps (that aren't filler maps like with Halo Reach), and despite not having many guns, they are more balanced than say, MW3 where all you need is an MP7, tube, or Sniper.

This topic is still active, right?

After getting the midnight release of the game and pulling an all-nighter playing the campaign over and over again, I really have to say I love Titanfall more than any other shooter I've ever played. Which is really a huge thing to say, since I've only been playing it for about 5 days, it just offers more to me than the constant "copy and paste" Call of Duty and Battlefield games have been. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy COD and Battlefield, but Titanfall has (to me) completely redefined next gen shooters. I would argue and throw Gear of War (my previous all-time favorite shooter) in this, but it's really more of a different type of shooter being more 3rd person instead of first.

Back to what I was saying, I love Titanfall. I believe the thing that keeps bringing me back for more is just how fun it can be to double jump and run around on walls (they did it better than Lost World ^^").

However, there are a couple of things I don't really care for that keep this game from being a perfect 10/10 in my books. First being the online-only part of the game, it's probably my fault for not looking into it at first, but I really didn't know about it until I installed the game and tried to select "Play" on the Main Menu, thankfully the new game came with a 2 day gold trial. Do I think it was necessary? No. I feel there were several ways they could have made the game not "online only", mostly being the campaign. Speaking of which, does anyone know what's going on in it yet? I sure don't. Really, the campaign going on in a little window/radio while playing the game really isn't a wise choice (in my opinion), because like I said, as to this day playing the campaign around 10 (probably more) times, I still have no clue as to what's going on. The idea of having teammates online with the campaign is cool too, but I feel should have been optional. While the Spectres are the new Stormtroopers (lol), I think you could have gotten more of a general understanding of the campaign if you were fighting them instead of looking over your shoulder for online players, maybe just a little. Also, the entire campaign is really just a constant switching between domination and free for all, which I don't mind, but it already feels like you're playing the multiplayer while you're still on the campaign. Problem? Not really, I just think they could have made it a little better, possibly. Also, the campaign is a little too short for me as well, I can easily see myself playing the entire campaign in a matter of an hour and a half to 2 hours at most, it's really not that long at all.

Just a few general thoughts on the game! What do you guys think of it?

Wait, what about Titanfall having a campaign? I thought it was multiplayer only. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, what about Titanfall having a campaign? I thought it was multiplayer only. 

It's a campaign within the multiplayer. Basically, before the match starts they show some cutscenes which break down a mission for you to do, and that mission relates to the actual multiplayer game mode.

For example, Hardpoint Domination relates to something like "we need to capture and hold these three bases so that we can extract intel" or something like that. It inspires you to win the match in a sense because it makes you feel like you have something to accomplish rather than just playing the mode for kicks.

It's a campaign within the multiplayer. Basically, before the match starts they show some cutscenes which break down a mission for you to do, and that mission relates to the actual multiplayer game mode.

For example, Hardpoint Domination relates to something like "we need to capture and hold these three bases so that we can extract intel" or something like that.

Ah, so it's that "merging single-player elements with multiplayer" stuff that the game does. 

It's not bad, just doesn't really stand out enough to pay attention. Like I said, I've played the entire campaign several times already, still have no clue what's going on.

Originally it was a PC only, which is crazy. Can't imagine not playing Titanfall, lol.

Saw my stepbrother playing it on his computer. The game is so fast paced that only me and him could see it without getting a headache.

Should I be getting it, I would want to get a next gen PC. I do need a new one anyway.

Or you could just get an Xbox One? ^^"

Nah.. Otherwise Titanfall would be the only thing I get, and theres nothing coming I'm really interested in

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, you have Halo 5 and 6, then the new Gears of War games coming up, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, Tomb Raider: DE. That's a fair start, right? Really, I had the PS4 before that, and I wasn't really interested in jack on it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, there's the Anniversary edition of Halo 2 to be rumored, with the HD remake, a port of Halo 3 & 4, then the beta access to Halo 5. (If you're a Halo fan, that is! ^^)

How is the community in this game? I'm thinking about getting the 360 version, but I don't really want to be yelled or sworn at just because I've killed someone. I find it distracting and in a game that's multiplayer only, I'd feel that it's a waste of money.

Well, you have Halo 5 and 6, then the new Gears of War games coming up, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, Tomb Raider: DE. That's a fair start, right? Really, I had the PS4 before that, and I wasn't really interested in jack on it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, there's the Anniversary edition of Halo 2 to be rumored, with the HD remake, a port of Halo 3 & 4, then the beta access to Halo 5. (If you're a Halo fan, that is! ^^)

Tomb Raider DE isn't worth it; I have it on ps4, 60 fps 1080p, and even then it's far too short; I played on normal btw. I never play on normal usually, but it was such a shock to even near 100% the game, all I have left are the challenges. Ryse looks eh. about the best exclusive I could think of is forza, titanfall, sunset overdive, and that quantic dream game I can't think of right now.. 

How is the community in this game? I'm thinking about getting the 360 version, but I don't really want to be yelled or sworn at just because I've killed someone. I find it distracting and in a game that's multiplayer only, I'd feel that it's a waste of money.

I was also thinking about getting it on 360, heh, if it turns out good, maybe we should play together sometime.

From what I've played on the Xbox One version, I've rarely seen anyone with headsets on. Usually when there is a person, they'll check to see if others are on, if not, they don't speak. Usually, if I see someone with a headset and I don't want to hear them, I'll obviously must them. Really, I don't think they're that bad, I've heard a few people speak before, and they don't go bananas like COD players online. But hey, everyone's experience is completely different, know what I mean? I'll usually just put on my headset and turn down the volume on the TV when I play, anyways.

Although it is multiplayer only, I still find it worth it buying the game. I've always been against online-only games, but Titanfall has earned an exception.

Tomb Raider DE isn't worth it; I have it on ps4, 60 fps 1080p, and even then it's far too short; I played on normal btw.

Well, that's your opinion, bro. I actually already played Tomb Raider on my 360 (when I had one) and I found the game to be extremely fun, although it's mainly a campaign focus rather than multiplayer. I forgot that I played the game already on my 360 when I got the one, so I'm basically playing it for kicks at this point. Honestly, I think it's worth it. I would think that Tom Raider is the 2nd best looking Xbox One game out right now, after Titanfall of course. If you're looking for a game with lots of replay value, after you beat the story you're free to explore the world, and do missions and stuff until you 100% it, but I'm never the kind of guy who enjoys beating a game to 100% (except Skyrim, of course). So, if 100% is your thing, you'll enjoy Tomb Raider greatly, plenty of replay in it. If not, then don't buy it. Really, I think you should at least try a pre-owned version to see if you like it, form your own opinion on it, don't take it from our view.

I was also thinking about getting it on 360, heh, if it turns out good, maybe we should play together sometime.

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. :)

From what I've played on the Xbox One version, I've rarely seen anyone with headsets on. Usually when there is a person, they'll check to see if others are on, if not, they don't speak. Usually, if I see someone with a headset and I don't want to hear them, I'll obviously must them. Really, I don't think they're that bad, I've heard a few people speak before, and they don't go bananas like COD players online. But hey, everyone's experience is completely different, know what I mean? I'll usually just put on my headset and turn down the volume on the TV when I play, anyways.

Although it is multiplayer only, I still find it worth it buying the game. I've always been against online-only games, but Titanfall has earned an exception.

Well, that's your opinion, bro. I actually already played Tomb Raider on my 360 (when I had one) and I found the game to be extremely fun, although it's mainly a campaign focus rather than multiplayer. I forgot that I played the game already on my 360 when I got the one, so I'm basically playing it for kicks at this point. Honestly, I think it's worth it. I would think that Tom Raider is the 2nd best looking Xbox One game out right now, after Titanfall of course. If you're looking for a game with lots of replay value, after you beat the story you're free to explore the world, and do missions and stuff until you 100% it, but I'm never the kind of guy who enjoys beating a game to 100% (except Skyrim, of course). So, if 100% is your thing, you'll enjoy Tomb Raider greatly, plenty of replay in it. If not, then don't buy it. Really, I think you should at least try a pre-owned version to see if you like it, form your own opinion on it, don't take it from our view.

Sorry about that, what I meant to say is it's not worth it to pay $60 for tomb raider de, when you can get it for half that (maybe less) on 360/ps3/pc, that's what I mean.

I never got into multiplayer though, because I don't have ps+ and hardly a reason to buy ps+. 

Are the PC requirements really that itchy? Like, I really want to play this thing, but officially the game doesn't support my (crappy) GPU. Then again neither did CS:GO and I get 30FPS at a steady rate in mid settings. It's a bloody Source game for crying out loud, I pass everything except GPU.

Sorry about that, what I meant to say is it's not worth it to pay $60 for tomb raider de, when you can get it for half that (maybe less) on 360/ps3/pc, that's what I mean.

Well, it's the console difference. On the Xbox One, you get way better graphics and stuff. I wouldn't recommend getting it if you've already played it on the 360 like I did, but if you haven't played it before then you're good to go.

By the way, just got done playing the Titanfall campaign again. Am I the only one who things they need to tweak the melee system? Every time I go to kick some wild bro in the face, I do the entire animation and it turns out I'm the one who died. Tell me more, Respawn. Tell me more.

I can understand how it's online and how some things don't happen how they appear due to being over the web, but I know for a fact I should have nailed a few of those kills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of gamer to rage quit over the mic that I should have gotten a kill, but I know there's a few I should have gotten.

One more thing, I love the Marvins in that game. I think it's funny how they can be doing something completely unrelated to the game and you can go kick them in the face. It's like, what did poor Martin ever do to you, huh? He was just minding his own business and all, lol. Just for kicks, when I'm speaking to a friend about the game, I'll jokingly blame on losing a match on Marvin, and how everything that goes wrong in the game is his fault. Haha, I think it's a good laugh.