Awoo.

VGX 2013 Thread of Over-hype and Bad Hosting

Detective Shadzter

And the winner is... Naughty Dog!

QeDqXdg.gif

It's the GTA music concert extravaganza now... I can stop watching this thing now right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow thanks for underlining that. I never would have guessed that my opinion was my opinion.

You just tend to forget that your opinion isn't everybodys. Like I said its a good indie game, shows allot of promise but it cant earn that right to compete with Bungie's Destiny yet, it was barely shown.

So now that it's over, what did we all think?

I'm slightly in shock that it felt worse than the 2011 show, I didn't think that would be possible. The guy hosting it (not Geoff) was just so rude to everybody and blatantly didn't want to be there.

Every single trailer had a video shown before it or some kind of jelly penis followed by an X-ray of someone giving birth. It was just... awful.

It was like, every bad stereotype about the gaming industry and as a hobby, in one live stream.

You just tend to forget that your opinion isn't everybodys.

lol okay then.

Its generic rap time I guess xD  Im late but it seems I didnt miss much, did Reggie show something? that demo everyone was talking about? or he has yet to appear?

He showed Cranky Kong is a playable character in the new Donkey kong game, just imagine Scrooge from DuckTails in DK and you get an idea. Then they talked about their favourite reggie memes.

Yeah this was an awful fucking show. Only thing that made it worth it were like 2 or 3 cool trailers, including No Man's Sky which looks really awesome. 

The highlights for me were No Man's Sky and Dying Light. Everything else was either stuff we already knew or stuff that to be honest didn't deserve all the hype (looking at you Titanfall :P)

I need a nintendo direct ASAP!

when is the next one? wont there be one right before christmas?

The best thing about it was footage of Broken Age. It's great seeing another adventure game like that, and it looks fantastic. The show itself was pretty annoying and awkward.

• Thumbs Up 1

when is the next one? wont there be one right before christmas?

Not sure but hopefully soon.

I wonder....Why was reggie there? The guy beside him was the one to mostly talk about the game and reggie was just talking about memes? lol

Hearing just how bad this was I'm so glad I didn't watch it. XD The only good thing coming from it is Joel Banderas and even that is an overused meme. And No Man's Sky.

The awards weren't great either. GTAV wins GOTY! WHY OF COURSE. Best OST goes to GTAV! wtf?

And apparently Tearaway won best handheld game...I'm sure it's a lovely game but dayum. 8I

What's wrong with Tearaway winning best handheld game? Media Molecule makes absolutely fantastic games and Tearaway really makes use of every single distinct feature the Vita has. It's also the only handheld game that was nominated that was actually a brand new IP (and not a 3DS exclusive).

• Thumbs Up 3

What's wrong with Tearaway winning best handheld game? Media Molecule makes absolutely fantastic games and Tearaway really makes use of every single distinct feature the Vita has. It's also the only handheld game that was nominated that was actually a brand new IP (and not a 3DS exclusive).

I'm not saying it's wrong that Tearaway won. I'm just surprised that it managed to beat three 3DS games in the same category, which are all solid games in their own right. The 3DS has had an amazing year and there have been some great games for it, some which weren't even nominated like Mario & Luigi Dream Team. The PS Vita on the other hand...

Besides, this is a stupid awards show anyway. There are better ones out there.

I believe I speak for everyone as I summarize this VGX Awards show with one .gif:

8LSW8l7.gif

Just like every year

To be fair though, based on everything I've seen, Tearaway should probably have been considered for GOTY and not just tied to the handhelds.

Though I may change my thoughts on that come christmas when I eventually get my hands on it. But from what everybody else has said who has that, it really is something very special.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only caught bits and pieces... It was, really horrible. Though I liked The Game's performance, then again I like rap music. *ducks out*

I had a small smidge of optimism that a rebrand and a big whole reboot of the show would be good. That went out the window....less than 5 minutes in? 

I am happy that there were a few nice exclusives, Both Telltale games and No Man's Sky, but I'm embarrassed for all the devs and such that had to go there and put up with Joel McHale. Geoff Keighley at least tried to do his job and keep it to schedule so I do feel sorry for him too.

I was looking forward to that Music of GTAV thing. Then it happened. Last time I checked, I remember GTAV having a damn amazing score, and a soundtrack that was full of some amazing music from all different genres. Not just rap. (Which I do like some of by the way, but dear god. I just can't....So much N word makes me have mini heart attacks, I swear) I'm pretty disappointed in Rockstar for that. Even more so that they should've just played a live version of Sleepwalking without the vocalist. Having the guy sing it live was like throwing a bag of cats under a train, Horrific. :/

Wait, so Tearaway won handheld game of the year! That's awesome, the game sure as hell deserves it, with it not only being THE showcase of the Vita's features but to how dam charming it is; the whole experience is the best you can get out of a game, and you will be sad when it ends, just because you want it to not end :(.

Did any Nintendo games win any awards? Mario 3d World and A Link Between Worlds deserve SOMETHING, as they are some of the best games this year (and while Tearaway deserves the Handheld GOTY award...so does ALBW :(). Still with this awards show being...."underwhelming" at best, I wouldn't be surprised about Nintendo not winning anything...